Maps Strathshire

ross4122

Scottish Vyking Veg
Staff Team Leader
Content Control
Premium Subscriber
Apr 1, 2016
Just saying - the creator of the 91.06 map has posted on a French forum (according to some French people I know who play OMSI) that the objects in 91.06 are strictly his and not to be used anywhere else and that he will 'threaten legal action' against anyone that does.

Just to clarify:
This is only something I have heard 'through the grapevine' if you like. I don't know if this is true, I don't have a link to it, and it more than likely is lost in translation.
But I'd stay on the safe side of things and not use assets from there if I were you.

Nonetheless, the route looks amazing as it is and I'm looking forward to more progress :)
Hi, thanks for letting me know.

It'd be good if someone could find where (s)he said this just so I don't get into difficulties should I choose to use his assets.

materieel64

Jan 27, 2018
I will speak to them and ask if they can find where they quoted it for you. :)

EDIT: While it is also stated somewhere on the 'vtrans' French OMSI forum, it is also stated in the manual (in French) that:
(sorry for the large image)
1532271578551.png

A rough translation of this by myself would be:
-To install and use the map, you agree to the terms of use:
-It is formally forbidden to:
-> Modify the map
-> To reupload the map to places where the author has not given permission.
-> To edit the objects, liveries or graphical elements created by the author or involved teams.
-> To add the objects created by the author to another version of a map, or another map entirely.

- You can't hold the author responsible for problems, bugs or damage which occurs to your device.
To break the terms will result in a judiciary process.
Thanks for your understanding and have fun

-- Hope this helps :)

Last edited:

100Bus

Mar 24, 2016
The English manual contains this translation on page 3 followed by a supplement in screenshot 2 towards the end (page 17)
9106 objects 1.png
9106 objects 2.png

ross4122

Scottish Vyking Veg
Staff Team Leader
Content Control
Premium Subscriber
Apr 1, 2016
Hi thanks for this.

Is the the Freeware or Steam DLC readme?

Thanks

100Bus

Mar 24, 2016
Hi thanks for this.

Is the the Freeware or Steam DLC readme?

Thanks
They're both from the manual for Express 91.06 on Steam. The post above mine is from the French manual and mine from the English.
I think it's both freeware and steam DLC unless there's another version I don't know of

Tom99962

Radington and TMP Maker
Jun 3, 2017
Absolutely Loving this Map,
ross4122, Can’t wait for it to be released and All I have to say is Good Luck!

materieel64

Jan 27, 2018
They're both from the manual for Express 91.06 on Steam. The post above mine is from the French manual and mine from the English.
I think it's both freeware and steam DLC unless there's another version I don't know of
Correct. I used the French manual from the website, because it's more concise for obvious reasons, and I can translate French pretty well, so I can give more of a gist of it than the creator can, because some things would get lost in translation - however it applies for both the freeware and steam editions.

100Bus

Mar 24, 2016
Correct. I used the French manual from the website, because it's more concise for obvious reasons, and I can translate French pretty well, so I can give more of a gist of it than the creator can, because some things would get lost in translation - however it applies for both the freeware and steam editions.
Yeah I thought that would be the case, what you said was a better translation than the manual. The main reason I posted it was more for the resemblance with them being the same design and basically saying what you said hahaha.

ross4122

Scottish Vyking Veg
Staff Team Leader
Content Control
Premium Subscriber
Apr 1, 2016

I won't leave you all in the dark this long next time, promise ;)

Note: All textures shown in the above screenshot are Work in Progress and are subject to change.
The AI vehicles are part of a pack by Whistlehead for Addon London.