Maps Strathshire (1 Viewer)

Ross

FF Council
Premium Subscriber
Apr 1, 2016
Dundee
Generally, "Warning" messages in the logfile do not affect performance or gameplay, it's only "Error" messages that cause that.

The TooBad sounds are played when passengers complain, not when passengers are entering/alighting. The M1 voicepack is a custom one to Strathshire and I deliberately didn't record any "TooBad" messages as they're quite ridiculous and annoying.

Hi, I downloaded the map and all dependencies and installed everything fine.

However, whilst OMSI 2 runs fine and the map loads (with no error messages), the game starts in a very weird way in that I am placed at the edge of the map? It is not possible to zoom in.

Any ideas what could be wrong please?

Thanks

1.jpg

2.jpg

Advertisement

I think I spotted the error after having looked at the log file. 2 of the scenery folders was incorrectly pasted into the wrong folder, I have now moved them into the correct folders.

Hopefully it should be OK now.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Kaelyn

Max Verstappen, 2021 Formula One World Champion
Jan 2, 2017
Brighton & Hove, United Kingdom
dokkae.me
So I just had a look at the log file and wow, there are many errors in there!

However, i checked several of the missing textures manually at random and they are in the folder. For example, error 114 in the logfile is located in:

x:\Steam\steamapps\common\OMSI 2\OMSI 2\Sceneryobjects\btv\Buildings

I've attached the logfile.

Thanks
Please download the OMSI Map Tools and run it on the Strathshire map, it'll compile a list of missing assets both in objects and splines.
You can download it from the embed below.

This particular light at the Interchange junction is permanently red and never turns green. This creates a backlog of traffic along the side road that leads to it, which in turn eventually gridlocks the entire Interchange, especially when you're on an extended layover that doesn't let the cars despawn from the area.
OMSI2_20200607_164142.jpg

Reactions: Ross

Advertisement

Oct 31, 2018
Try reducing the fares! :cool:

Sorry, Rush99, I couldn't resist it. I vaguely recall reading something about increasing AI people within the game settings as a solution for this problem; or perhaps the hof file would need to be altered. No doubt someone on here will be able to help you more than I can.

• Haha
Reactions: Rush99 and OmniWink

Advertisement

Ross

FF Council
Premium Subscriber
Apr 1, 2016
Dundee
The passenger load factor (I think it's actually worded as percentage of humans at bus stops?) is in the AI-traffic tab of your OMSI settings.

The global.cfg file is in OMSI 2\Maps\Strathshire, but only edit this if you know what you're doing and make a backup before making any changes.

Oct 31, 2018
Thanks but don't think I'll bother in case I mess up anything

I'd agree for the global.cfg file, but changing the "% of humans at bus stops" within the game settings is easy. All you do is adjust a slider. If you don't like the results, or if it causes performance problems, just slide them back to their original value.

Does this make up for my earlier post? ;)

Apr 1, 2019
I'd agree for the global.cfg file, but changing the "% of humans at bus stops" within the game settings is easy. All you do is adjust a slider. If you don't like the results, or if it causes performance problems, just slide them back to their original value.

Does this make up for my earlier post? ;)

Would rather not in case it does it for other maps but thanks anyway

Oct 31, 2018
Would rather not in case it does it for other maps but thanks anyway

OK, but just so you know, any changes you make in the settings can be saved as a unique profile and given a name (e.g., Strathshire1, 2, etc). When you start the game, select 'Strathshire' then select the profile you've named. That profile (including changes to passenger numbers plus any other changes you made to other parameters) will be applied only to the map you've just loaded (in this case, 'Strathshire'). If you don't like the changes, just delete that profile, or simply ignore it. You'll still have your original settings which will be applied when you load Strathshire again.

I hope this makes sense? If anyone can explain it better, please feel free to do so, or correct me if I'm wrong.

Cheers!

Reactions: Ross

Advertisement

This thread is more than 6 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

Users who are viewing this thread