Maps Strathshire (1 Viewer)

ross4122

Staff Team Leader
Premium Subscriber
ross4122 submitted a new download:

Strathshire - A fictional map for OMSI, loosely based on the East of Scotland.

Welcome to Strathshire!

Strathshire is the first mainland Scottish map for OMSI 2. Strathdon, the main city of region, rose to prominence in the 1860s with a tourism boom driven by the industrial revolution and railway. Strathshire’s population is approximately 120,000 residents but the region attracts many visitors every year, the majority of whom flock to Strathdon for the bustling markets and its renowned nightlife.

Read more about this download...

Last edited:

Advertisement

jenrichkids

Great looking map. When 'route learning' the route, I noticed that the tracks aren't complete and the vehicles just disappear Mainly around the Ring Road area. On investigation, one invisible junction 'Ring Road 2' is one main culprit even down to two of the tracks producing vehicle through a nearby garden.

On a side note though, the map is very well optimized for my mid-high range PC and even runs well at my tweaked settings of 45FPS throughout.

Reactions: ross4122

ross4122

Staff Team Leader
Premium Subscriber
Great looking map. When 'route learning' the route, I noticed that the tracks aren't complete and the vehicles just disappear Mainly around the Ring Road area. On investigation, one invisible junction 'Ring Road 2' is one main culprit even down to two of the tracks producing vehicle through a nearby garden.
You're not the only person to have this issue, but I can't replicate it and nor can the people who tested the map pre-release :/

LT586

Living in the editor
Look forward to trying this but I still can't download on here, it's very hit and miss. Which is a shame.

Advertisement

EvadRave

Professor E. Vadd
Forum Moderator
Premium Subscriber
Look forward to trying this but I still can't download on here, it's very hit and miss. Which is a shame.
You can only download if your ad-blocker is left disabled for the site, if you keep re-enabling it then you get blocked from downloading until you have viewed the site enough times with it disabled.

Bones

Resident Hype Man
Administrator
It seems as though those German links for the objects and splines are down. Any way to resolve it?
Not right now unfortunately, the excitement around this map put a lot of demand on our infrastructure and OMSI Webdisk's.

There is a good chance we simply overloaded them and they ended up needing a new server, as suspected by the message on their homepage.

1588912649735.png

Advertisement

whistlehead

Alias Mr Hackenbacker
Staff Team Leader
UKDT
Premium Subscriber
Founding Member
That's really strange, the textures which those are showing are the night and snow textures - i.e. all the textures will will overwrite the default ones in specific conditions. Never seen that before.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.

Users who are viewing this thread