Strange Placement issue in Editor (1 Viewer)

Jun 16, 2018
Hi everyone,

I was mucking around in the editor when I deleted some splines and they were still showing but were unselectable.

Thinking it was just being OMSI, I saved and reloaded the editor. Now, when I try to place the particular spline (I selected the same spline on another part of the map, clicked, and pressed 'N'), I now keep getting this error whenever I try to place it and it's quite concerning as I don't want to lose my day's worth of progress ????

Thanks in advance for any help,
Rodmorg
1597100777749.png

Solution
I would, just in case, make a backup of the map folder before saving after an error pops up.

It's pretty easy to do this, for anyone who wants to know - just go to the map folder and copy it somewhere else, or ZIP it up. Regular backups should be something every OMSI map dev does, mind
agreeed, making back ups is essential i do mine daily to a memory stick and cloud and after 30 days i remove them
Hi everyone,

I was mucking around in the editor when I deleted some splines and they were still showing but were unselectable.

Thinking it was just being OMSI, I saved and reloaded the editor. Now, when I try to place the particular spline (I selected the same spline on another part of the map, clicked, and pressed 'N'), I now keep getting this error whenever I try to place it and it's quite concerning as I don't want to lose my day's worth of progress ????

Thanks in advance for any help,
Rodmorg
View attachment 70706
The one thing I can think of is that it's either the location you are putting it or Omsi being Omsi

Advertisement

The Mapper

Making irl bus maps
Dec 21, 2017
Kent
The one thing I can think of is that it's either the location you are putting it or Omsi being Omsi
I get the pop-up every so often in the editor and I just make sure I hit Ctrl+S and then load up omsi and close it a few times and then it fixes itself, this was to do with objects and splines disappearing though.
That's my experience.

KyleOmsi2

Omsi Developer
Masterswitch Studios
Apr 30, 2017
CTRL + S, close the editor and then reload...once reloaded move 2 tiles away and place and object and delete it then hit CTRL+S again and that will remove the error as iomex correctly says its to do with the cache files and IDCODES in my experience. Usually as well this error is mainly to do with attaching things to splines but the error itself is a "range check error" so i imagine its trying to find stuff that isnt there.

Advertisement

Ross

FF Council
Premium Subscriber
Apr 1, 2016
Dundee
CTRL + S, close the editor and then reload...once reloaded move 2 tiles away and place and object and delete it then hit CTRL+S again and that will remove the error as iomex correctly says its to do with the cache files and IDCODES in my experience. Usually as well this error is mainly to do with attaching things to splines but the error itself is a "range check error" so i imagine its trying to find stuff that isnt there.
I would, just in case, make a backup of the map folder before saving after an error pops up.

It's pretty easy to do this, for anyone who wants to know - just go to the map folder and copy it somewhere else, or ZIP it up. Regular backups should be something every OMSI map dev does, mind

• Love
Reactions: KyleOmsi2 and LX7

KyleOmsi2

Omsi Developer
Masterswitch Studios
Apr 30, 2017

agreeed, making back ups is essential i do mine daily to a memory stick and cloud and after 30 days i remove them

Solution
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

Users who are viewing this thread