Maps Stowtenxbridge

Rhys stirling

a B10' lad
May 4, 2016
Right time for an update.
Firstly, much progress has been made and beta, I am hoping to be out before the 9th of August. I have chosen my beta team and they know who they are. This beta will include the route 633 between Stowten and Bryn which operates evenings and weekends only. This is only an aim and NOTHING IS CONFIRMED. I will then work towards Molyneux. There will be three routes between these places and they will run like this:

- 662 - Stowten - Marsh Green - Kitt Green - Bryn - WEEKDAYS AND WEEKENDS 05% COMPLETE
- Stowten - Norley Hall - Bryn - Molyneux - WEEKDAYS 30% COMPLETE
- Stowten - Norley Hall - Bryn - EVENINGS AND WEEKENDS 70% COMPLETE

Secondly, I have started to learn blender to create custom buildings to hopefully bring a more realistic feel to the map and add a variety and I am pleased to say I have built my first building in Blender this morning, only took 5 and a half hours, but hopefully now I have done 1 building many more will come. Some may recognise it as the one in Whistleheads tutorial on how to create buildings and it is. I was using it as a practise example as I knew it works. However, now I vaguely know what I'm doing many more will come in the future.
1564503571758.png

Lastly, There is no screenshots of the map as In the new areas I am not 100% happy with the scenery so once I am happy I will post screenshots of the map.
Once again I apologise about the lack of updates and hopefully many more will come, I just wanted to bring this update out as people may think the map is dead but I can assure you it is not dead and very much alive.

Alex Anderson

You know, the guy that owns Anderson?
Jul 26, 2019
Right time for an update.
Firstly, much progress has been made and beta, I am hoping to be out before the 9th of August. I have chosen my beta team and they know who they are. This beta will include the route 633 between Stowten and Bryn which operates evenings and weekends only. This is only an aim and NOTHING IS CONFIRMED. I will then work towards Molyneux. There will be three routes between these places and they will run like this:

- 662 - Stowten - Marsh Green - Kitt Green - Bryn - WEEKDAYS AND WEEKENDS 05% COMPLETE
- Stowten - Norley Hall - Bryn - Molyneux - WEEKDAYS 30% COMPLETE
- Stowten - Norley Hall - Bryn - EVENINGS AND WEEKENDS 70% COMPLETE

Secondly, I have started to learn blender to create custom buildings to hopefully bring a more realistic feel to the map and add a variety and I am pleased to say I have built my first building in Blender this morning, only took 5 and a half hours, but hopefully now I have done 1 building many more will come. Some may recognise it as the one in Whistleheads tutorial on how to create buildings and it is. I was using it as a practise example as I knew it works. However, now I vaguely know what I'm doing many more will come in the future. View attachment 49221

Lastly, There is no screenshots of the map as In the new areas I am not 100% happy with the scenery so once I am happy I will post screenshots of the map.
Once again I apologise about the lack of updates and hopefully many more will come, I just wanted to bring this update out as people may think the map is dead but I can assure you it is not dead and very much alive.
Looks like my irl home xD.

Reactions: Rhys stirling

Rhys stirling

a B10' lad
May 4, 2016
Little update: WOW 2 IN 1 DAY, yeah I know. Seen as that last house was a little copied from Whistlehead, I have worked on a new house, and here it is. Its taken a while and a lot of help from @Sambob_12 and @Blackpool_Dev but Its here and finally ready to be implemented into the game. I plan to work on more 70s style housing but here is my first product:
1564521552600.png

I am pretty pleased with how it turned out and seen as this is my first proper house (that I have done independently) I am very pleased with it.
I promise the next update will be the actual map

iomex

UKDT
Dec 10, 2015
That style of building is sorely needed in OMSI - given it makes up a huge portion of suburban UK housing stock. One thing I'd say, however, is that the bay windows really ought to be three-dimensional, although I appreciate this is an early foray into Blender. Fortunately, these buildings are almost never kerbside, so the lack of 3D could be obscured by gardens.

Rhys stirling

a B10' lad
May 4, 2016
That style of building is sorely needed in OMSI - given it makes up a huge portion of suburban UK housing stock. One thing I'd say, however, is that the bay windows really ought to be three-dimensional, although I appreciate this is an early foray into Blender. Fortunately, these buildings are almost never kerbside, so the lack of 3D could be obscured by gardens.
Yes that’s what I thought, typical British housing like this is lacked as people believe that using modern houses are far nicer however when you are trying to model a British map you have to remember that these are the types of houses that has built the country to where it it and yes I was thinking a bout the bay window and as this is my first house that I have built from scratch, as the official first house I built was the same one in whistleheads tutorial, I decided to leave it, however in the future I aim, once I have improved on my blender skills, I will put a proper bay window in. Thank you Iomex for the nice comments.
Another map on my closely watched list added, best of luck with the project and need any help dont hesitate to drop me a message ;)
Thank you sylar and best of luck w/ Yorkshire too. I will be sure to drop you a message if I ever need anything

Rhys stirling

a B10' lad
May 4, 2016
Hi everyone, I know it has been a while but tonight I have been working on something which will hopefully both help you to follow progress and to keep me on track. What i have made is called a trello board and I have been open to the idea for sometime, but never got around to it. However, tonight I decided to bite the bullet and get it done. Here is the link: Trello and I will keep updating it so you can follow progress. Thanks for the continued support and once again sorry for the lack of updates but that is because, there has been relatively no progress done since the beginning of September, but I am hoping to get back into the swing of things and get working on this map again. Once again sorry but I just need a little time off.

Last edited:

Rhys stirling

a B10' lad
May 4, 2016
Unfortunately this project will have to be placed on hold for a few weeks, hopefully only two or three because I’m redecorating the room which my PC is in and it has to be packed away. Apologies but I will let you know when I know for definite when the project is starting again and when it has started. Thanks and sorry once again