Maps Stowten (1 Viewer)

Hi all since October I have been making a map called Stowtenxbridge, I feel I have made enough progress to branch out from my Discord server to Fellowsfilm.
Please note, Stowtenxbridge is a completely fictional map set in the UK.

Some Background:
The town is located upon the river Hallstead and the infrastructure of the county "Greater Desmond" is based around this river. Similar to "Greater Manchester", the county was built up during the industrial revolution as little mining villages and towns. Goods used to be transported up and down the river on boats. Since then the roads have taken over and towns have developed to be larger and larger. Desmond (a large town/small city) is located to the north of Stowten. Up to 2012 a family company ran the area of Greater Desmond however, due to the high demand for bus routes throughout the county, Eskoth's Buses couldn't cope, therefore ceasing operation on the Sunday 2nd December 2012.

As of Monday 3
rd December 2012 First took over all 15 routes and 20 buses from Eskoth's Buses. First still commemorate their excellent service for their 60 years of operation with a half painted first bus and the other half in Eskoth's livery.

Current Operations:
First currently operate all routes in the Greater Desmond area with two Stagecoach gold routes operating from Hesketh to Greater Desmond, these routes will be ai only however, these may be playable in the future. I aim for 4 routes in the final release, however there could be more:
  • 1 - Desmond City Bus Station - Burnvale Park & Ride (15 - 20 minutes)
  • 500 - Stowten Interchange - Yew Tree Retail Park (30 - 40 minutes)
  • 582 - Stowten Interchange - Desmond City Bus Station (with different terminating points due to times) (60 - 70 minutes)
  • 662 - Stowten Interchange - Molyneux (20 - 30 minutes)
Please note: All questions about release dates, beta testing and updates will be ignored.
Can I have BETA?
No, BETA testers will be chosen when the time comes. In other words, I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

When is this going to be released?
It will be released when it's released. Don't worry, i'll let you all know.

What company(ies) will be operating on the map?
Firstbus

Where in the UK is this map set?
England, It's a fictional map so, the general area.

Once the map is released, will you continue to work on it/add more routes and update it?
Possibly, we'll see won't we!

What routes are on the map?
Look above, it is stated there.

Please note all screenshots are WIP and if they are lacking scenery it will be added:

Discord
To keep up to date with progress, take a visit to my discord server, which just happens to have an Stowtenxbridge attached:
Discord

YouTube
I do OMSI 2 videos and streams and some occasional development streams.
Rhys Stirling

Last edited:

Advertisement

Hullian111

EYMS Buses Really Mean Business
Aug 5, 2017
... well, where do you think?!
hi, is this map available now like or not
You've started an account just to post that?

No. It's not even in Beta yet.

Sure, it looks nice, but the author is quoted as saying the map is 99% done in parts after having to put up with a broken computer. 90% done still means it is not finished. Give it, maybe, a few months more. Patience is somewhat of a dirty word in this community, it seems.

And before you ask... to quote the main post:
Please note: All questions about release dates, beta testing and updates will be ignored.

Can I have BETA?
No, BETA testers will be chosen when the time comes. In other words, I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

Rhys stirling

Developer of Stowten
May 4, 2016
Wigan
hi, is this map available now like or not
You've started an account just to post that?

No. It's not even in Beta yet.

Sure, it looks nice, but the author is quoted as saying the map is 99% done in parts after having to put up with a broken computer. 90% done still means it is not finished. Give it, maybe, a few months more. Patience is somewhat of a dirty word in this community, it seems.

And before you ask... to quote the main post:

Yes as stated above, it is very close to BETA but not quite there yet.The first version BETA will be of the 663 between Stowten and Bryn however there is still quite a bit before the first version of the map comes out, I still need to build the 662 around the estates, which will terminate at Bryn, this inst a mammoth task, however building gardens takes a while. Also the first version will come the the 662 up to Molyneux, this is about 50% complete I have built from Stowten to Bryn, but I still need to build up to Molyneux, however this will be country roads, so after placing a few bushes, it will be finished ????, no but that area shouldn't take to long. I have an idea when I want the fist version to be out to you guys, however, In past experience, I wanted the first version of BETA to be out July last year, that never happened, believe me I'll let you know when release is near

Rhys stirling

Developer of Stowten
May 4, 2016
Wigan
Right, not a massive update this time, and may not even be noticeable to some of you, but over the last couple of days I have been trying to improve scenery across the map, some areas still need a little titivation but overall so far I am extremely happy, unfortunately I don’t have any screenshots to compare the areas before the scenery rebuild, but here are some now.
58AD8EA4-F51F-4E3B-886F-9FAAF5F07E05.jpeg
CDD972FF-C5CC-4F02-982A-8A4A6CB660A5.jpeg
3F898598-9FA0-4699-8C00-B516B010FFF8.jpeg
6D1644DD-16E7-4465-81EA-309D587CEE74.jpeg
543282CC-A43D-4B25-88D0-58C04BB8F2F1.jpeg
97B865F1-D698-403A-87FB-7A37B75AB996.jpeg
21C7B777-C4E8-4E94-8E97-90F38ABD1BFF.jpeg
CDB15363-F6B6-4CCF-8158-5D6848F14B4C.jpeg

Advertisement

Rhys stirling

Developer of Stowten
May 4, 2016
Wigan
Right, time for another update and it’s good news this time, the beta that was promised July last year has finally been released to beta testers, sorry, especially to my incredibly patient beta team. This beta includes about 2/3 of the 663 route running from Stowten Rail Station to Bryn, the final route will run from Stowten Victoria Bus Station to Bryn, that’ll be the next major beta release. Over the coming week I am going to be recording an updated time-lapse for you so you can see the progress made. So that’s something to look forward too, so sorry no screenshots this time but like I say a video is on its way ????

I will make this clear, DO NOT pester my beta team for a link to the map, cause you won’t get one.

Reactions: MylesW

LeylandNationalStagecoach

Developer
Outreach
Jun 28, 2018
Fayton Heath, Caldshire
I have been working on revamping the main dual carriageway out of Stowten Train Station tonight, I do not have many screenshots but here’s one of the custom girder bridge I have made in Blender for one of the side roads, when the area is fully detailed I will send some more pictures.View attachment 67496
Lovely work, looks great! :D

Reactions: Rhys stirling

Rhys stirling

Developer of Stowten
May 4, 2016
Wigan
Right time for another update, and yes I know its been a while, the updates here are about as frequent as buses at the top of Mount Snowdon, anyway mr @FLHD has been teaching me how to bake buildings so we can have some proper custom assets for the town centre (which I forgot to photo, so please believe me). Furthermore, I have spent quite a bit of time ironing out bugs from the previous beta, as there was a hell of a lot of them. And finally, when I have found time, I have been working on a new route, cause I was bored of the 663 ????. So introducing the 36/37, more info will come on these at a later date...
1602985349675.png

Advertisement

Users who are viewing this thread