Maps Stowten (1 Viewer)

Hi all since October I have been making a map called Stowtenxbridge, I feel I have made enough progress to branch out from my Discord server to Fellowsfilm.
Please note, Stowtenxbridge is a completely fictional map set in the UK.

Some Background:
The town is located upon the river Hallstead and the infrastructure of the county "Greater Desmond" is based around this river. Similar to "Greater Manchester", the county was built up during the industrial revolution as little mining villages and towns. Goods used to be transported up and down the river on boats. Since then the roads have taken over and towns have developed to be larger and larger. Desmond (a large town/small city) is located to the north of Stowten. Up to 2012 a family company ran the area of Greater Desmond however, due to the high demand for bus routes throughout the county, Eskoth's Buses couldn't cope, therefore ceasing operation on the Sunday 2nd December 2012.

As of Monday 3
rd December 2012 First took over all 15 routes and 20 buses from Eskoth's Buses. First still commemorate their excellent service for their 60 years of operation with a half painted first bus and the other half in Eskoth's livery.

Current Operations:
First currently operate all routes in the Greater Desmond area with two Stagecoach gold routes operating from Hesketh to Greater Desmond, these routes will be ai only however, these may be playable in the future. I aim for 4 routes in the final release, however there could be more:
  • 1 - Desmond City Bus Station - Burnvale Park & Ride (15 - 20 minutes)
  • 500 - Stowten Interchange - Yew Tree Retail Park (30 - 40 minutes)
  • 582 - Stowten Interchange - Desmond City Bus Station (with different terminating points due to times) (60 - 70 minutes)
  • 662 - Stowten Interchange - Molyneux (20 - 30 minutes)
Please note: All questions about release dates, beta testing and updates will be ignored.
Can I have BETA?
No, BETA testers will be chosen when the time comes. In other words, I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

When is this going to be released?
It will be released when it's released. Don't worry, i'll let you all know.

What company(ies) will be operating on the map?
Firstbus

Where in the UK is this map set?
England, It's a fictional map so, the general area.

Once the map is released, will you continue to work on it/add more routes and update it?
Possibly, we'll see won't we!

What routes are on the map?
Look above, it is stated there.

Please note all screenshots are WIP and if they are lacking scenery it will be added:

Discord
To keep up to date with progress, take a visit to my discord server, which just happens to have an Stowtenxbridge attached:
Discord

YouTube
I do OMSI 2 videos and streams and some occasional development streams.
Rhys Stirling

Last edited:

Advertisement

Rhys stirling

Developer of Stowten
May 4, 2016
Wigan
Will there be airport, container terminal and border in the map?
I’m not 100% sure if you’ve posted this in the correct thread, there will be no airport & then obviously no container terminal & no border. If you want info on what’s in the map the please visit my first post
Hi all since October I have been making a map called Stowtenxbridge, I feel I have made enough progress to branch out from my Discord server to Fellowsfilm.
Please note, Stowtenxbridge is a completely fictional map set in the UK.

Some Background:
The town is located upon the river Hallstead and the infrastructure of the county "Greater Desmond" is based around this river. Similar to "Greater Manchester", the county was built up during the industrial revolution as little mining villages and towns. Goods used to be transported up and down the river on boats. Since then the roads have taken over and towns have developed to be larger and larger. Desmond (a large town/small city) is located to the north of Stowten. Up to 2012 a family company ran the area of Greater Desmond however, due to the high demand for bus routes throughout the county, Eskoth's Buses couldn't cope, therefore ceasing operation on the Sunday 2nd December 2012.

As of Monday 3
rd December 2012 First took over all 15 routes and 20 buses from Eskoth's Buses. First still commemorate their excellent service for their 60 years of operation with a half painted first bus and the other half in Eskoth's livery.

Current Operations:
First currently operate all routes in the Greater Desmond area with two Stagecoach gold routes operating from Hesketh to Greater Desmond, these routes will be ai only however, these may be playable in the future. I aim for 3 routes in the final release, however there could be more:
  • 1 - Desmond City Bus Station - Burnvale Park & Ride (15-20 minutes)
  • 500 - Stowten Interchange - Yew Tree Retail Park (30-40 minutes)
  • 582 - Stowten Interchange - Desmond City Bus Station (with different terminating points due to times) (60-70 minutes)
Please note: All questions about release dates, beta testing and updates will be ignored.
Can I have BETA?
No, BETA testers will be chosen when the time comes. In other words, I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

When is this going to be released?
It will be released when it's released. Don't worry, i'll let you all know.

What company(ies) will be operating on the map?
Firstbus

Where in the UK is this map set?
England, It's a fictional map so, the general area.

Once the map is released, will you continue to work on it/add more routes and update it?
Possibly, we'll see won't we!

What routes are on the map?
Look above, it is stated there.

Please note all screenshots are WIP and if they are lacking scenery it will be added:
View attachment 39439View attachment 39440View attachment 39441View attachment 39442View attachment 39443View attachment 39444

Discord
To keep up to date with progress, take a visit to my discord server, which just happens to have an Stowtenxbridge attached:
Discord

YouTube
I do OMSI 2 videos and streams and some occasional development streams.
Rhys Stirling

Rhys stirling

Developer of Stowten
May 4, 2016
Wigan
Hi all sorry I have not posted any updates but I have been on holiday in France and Belgium
Thank you all for understanding.

Work on Stowten has now continued and I am starting to be happy with the looks of Molyneux Industrial Estate just off the A949.

Over the next few weeks there will be a steady increase in updates if all goes to plan however if I need any time off the map for what ever reason I will let you all know.

Advertisement

Rhys stirling

Developer of Stowten
May 4, 2016
Wigan
Right Over the past few days I have been working on a repaint for one of the new service. The 662, this is based off the Transdev 662 between Keighley and Bradford. I have always liked this livery and thought I'd recreate it for use in my map. (Yes i know the roof is not lined up, this will be sorted.
The 662 will go between Stowten and Molyneux which will be a small town via Bryn.

Attachments

• 20190302155114_1.jpg
    20190302155114_1.jpg
    385.4 KB · Views: 17
Right Over the past few days I have been working on a repaint for one of the new service. The 662, this is based off the Transdev 662 between Keighley and Bradford. I have always liked this livery and thought I'd recreate it for use in my map. (Yes i know the roof is not lined up, this will be sorted.
The 662 will go between Stowten and Molyneux which will be a small town via Bryn.View attachment 43045View attachment 43046View attachment 43047View attachment 43049View attachment 43044
can you help me get the maps and that bus pl.

• Haha
Reactions: Class390Fan

Advertisement

Rhys stirling

Developer of Stowten
May 4, 2016
Wigan
Hi all, so basically over the past few weeks little progress has been made but this weekend I have been a man on a mission and started to work towards Bryn which is the first new town on the 622. Here is a new area called Smokey Bridge nicknamed that in the 50s with heavy rail traffic using the bridge.
Please note, Stowtenxbridge is a completely fictional map and all screenshots are WIP and if they are lacking scenery it will be added.
20190519153126_1.jpg
20190519153251_1.jpg
20190519153256_1.jpg

Advertisement

Users who are viewing this thread