Step by Step: How to install a map (3 Viewers)

Sep 14, 2014
I've downloaded some routes, but I am at a loss, how do I get the routes added? I am in need of a simple how to download instructions as I extracted the files into the correct folders but no matter what I choose I am stuck with the basic 2 maps. If someone who has downloaded them all please assist in an easy step by step instruction.

Many thanks

Road-hog123

An Orange Bus
FF Council
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015
Kent, UK
roadhog123.co.uk
Pronouns
He/Him
Installing files included with a mod download submitted here should always be a case of taking the contents of an included "OMSI 2" folder and putting it into the "OMSI 2" folder that contains your Omsi 2 install. By default your Omsi 2 install is at C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\OMSI 2\ on 64-bit Windows systems or C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\OMSI 2\ on 32-bit Windows systems. Many maps require you to download and install additional content such as buses or scenery for the map to work, these are listed either in the download thread for the map or in a "Read-me" file in the download itself. We require addon content submitted to this forum to include a read-me or detailed description, so one of those will contain all the information required to install the content. :)

Advertisement

whistlehead

Alias Mr Hackenbacker
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015
I'm slightly confused by your issue - are you saying that the routes are not showing up in the route selection menu, or that you can't open the map to drive on it?

Whn playing a map for the first time, remember to choose the "Load map without buses" option, because otherwise the new map won't show up in the selection menu.

May 23, 2018
Hi,

I'm having the same issue with the same map. This also happened to me with the Cotterell map. I have installed everything correctly for both as I did the same process for both. The Cotterell didn't work at first. I loaded up a load map without buses on Grundorf and then just hit escape, new game, load map without buses and looked there. Cotterell appeared. So in my opinion restart the device, repeat steps above and see if it works. But really struggling with Buses of the Westcountry (BotW). Do you have the most recent version. This may help you.

Alex C

Hullian111

EYMS Buses Really Mean Business
Aug 5, 2017
... well, where do you think?!
Okay, just bear in mind, though, that this issue cropped up nearly two years ago. I appreciate you're trying to help, just remember that maybe the author could have sorted the issue now two years down the line, or maybe they had given up.

This might help for others, though, so thank you for your input, regardless.

Reactions: RS1995
May 23, 2018
Okay, just bear in mind, though, that this issue cropped up nearly two years ago. I appreciate you're trying to help, just remember that maybe the author could have sorted the issue now two years down the line, or maybe they had given up.

This might help for others, though, so thank you for your input, regardless.

Ok

My apologies. I missed the date that this started and last replies were. Will check next time. No problem for my input

Advertisement

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

Users who are viewing this thread