Starting a new project? (1 Viewer)

Kyle

*This is a custom title*
Oct 25, 2016
Hello everyone, Lately I promised everyone Sootford will be the chosn map to made, that`s what im doing very soon.
Im planning to start the map somewhere about the 9th or 11th of July so anything can happen, More information will be made soon

Thanks
Kyle

Reactions: Albastru

Advertisement

georgeloxton02

MendipXplorer veg
Apr 20, 2018
Somerset
I would love to see a map stretching from Bath to Wells, using routes 172, 173, 174 & 179. However with no experience on map creating & not having the time to do create a map for omsi, i thought it would be a nice suggestion for any keen map makers to consider :) .

Operator : First Bus

172 Bath - Paulton via Midsomer Norton -- Every 30 mins (50 min journey)
173 Bath - Wells via Midsomer Norton & Chilcompton -- Every 60 Minutes (90 minute Journey) ------ Routes can probs be scaled down to around half the time.
174 Bath - Wells via Midsomer Norton & Shepton Mallet -- Every 60 Minutes (80 minute Journey)
179 Bath - Paulton Tesco via Timsbury -- Every 120 Minutes -- (30 Minute Journey)
41 Odd Down P&R -- Every 10 minutes -- (10 Minute journey)

172, 173 & 174 in Mendip Xplorer Livery, 179 in Standard First bus. P&R in P&R Livery.

Wright Eclipse 1, Wright Eclipse 2, Wright Gemini 1, Wright Streetdeck. (MXP) -- Wells Depot
Enivro 200,, ALX400, Wright Eclipse 1, Wright Gemini 1 (Olympia & Barbie) -- Bath Depot
Wright Eclipse 1 (Badgerline) -- Wells Depot
Enviro 400, Wright Gemini 2 & Wright Streetdeck (Bath P&R Livery) -- Bath Depot

Note - 179 only uses Enviro 200.

These are all lovely rural routes & it would be really nice to see them in Omsi 2 in the future., So, for any keen map makers looking for an interesting project, or just someone wanting to give map making a go, I thought this would be a nice suggestion & possible future project. If anyone does give this a go, good luck & ill support you all the way! :)
Im thinking of expanding cotterell to do the 174 in a more fictional style. It will be based off of it. Let me know what you think . I already have a selection of MendipXplorer and P&R repaints.

Reactions: RS1995

Mendip_Bus

Badabing Badaboom
Apr 5, 2018
Bristol
Pronouns
He/Him
Im thinking of expanding cotterell to do the 174 in a more fictional style. It will be based off of it. Let me know what you think . I already have a selection of MendipXplorer and P&R repaints.

Sounds like a nice idea! You may want to re-build parts of cotterell as well. Also if you do ever have the time, try do the 172 (my local route) as well :) - its a reasonably simple route. But like only do what you want to do. It would be really nice to see the mendip xplorer routes in omsi, and the 174 is a really nice route, i've travelled on it a couple of times.

Also odd down P&R in bath (Cotterell) would be a nice idea as its a very short route. But yeah, its all up to you for what you decide to build if you do go ahead with the project.

RS1995

Badgerline Enthusiast
Jul 24, 2018
Somerset
Pronouns
They/Them

That would be an excellent choice of route (Slightly biased as it's my local route XD) Good Luck with it, if you do it

Reactions: georgeloxton02

JozhuBoi

The Manchester Project
Jul 26, 2019
I want to start on an enviro 200 and 300 pack and I have got the Blueprints but I am wondering if anyone could give me some advice when creating a bus

Attachments

• Screenshot (1).png
    Screenshot (1).png
    335.2 KB · Views: 89
  • Screenshot (2).png
    Screenshot (2).png
    330.4 KB · Views: 88

Advertisement

G'day from Australia

I want to fix a problem with one of my favourite maps out there for OMSI, mainly because it's close to home and I lived there for 15 years - The only Aussie map we have hasn't got any of its own Aussie buses to go with it. Now I debated with myself what would be the best bus to make based on the map and real life and try to remove as much bias for other buses I like more but I decided to delve deep into the world of making buses for OMSI and present (for those who live elsewhere) the Custom Coaches "CB60 Evo II"!

To skip the background info (although if you're not from Aus you may find it interesting to read, up to you) on the bus, scroll to the second --------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In the mid 2000s, STA ordered 505 new buses to be bodied by Custom Coaches with their new "CB60 Evo II" bodywork to replace their reliable but aging fleet of Mercedes Benz O305s dating back to the mid-1980s. 255 of the 505 were to have the Mercedes O500LE CNG chassis while the remaining 250 were to be built on the Volvo B12BLE Euro 5 (over here because STA have the DH12D and DH12E B12s we refer to them as Euro 3 and Euro 5 respectively in case that's just a Sydney thing) chassis, with the Volvo order quickly being increased to 270, bringing the total order to 525 new buses for Sydney. In addition, 20 or so of the O500 orders were changed from CNG orders to Diesel orders instead, with these initially being delivered new to Brookvale until swapped them for B12s from the order delivered new to Randwick Depot in the Eastern Suburbs a couple of years later.
The Mercedes "gassies" (as they are affectionately known) are fitted with a 6sp ZF 6HP502 automatic transmission, and the Mercedes diesels have a 6sp ZF 6HP594. The Volvo B12s are either fitted with a 4sp Voith DIWA 864.5; such as most of Mona Vale's; or a 6sp ZF - the majority of the ZF B12s feature a 6HP604C, however some; such as Mona Vale's 2039 ST; feature a 6HP592C.
None of the depots on the map have the equipment to host the O500 CNG vehicles, however they all have large quantities of the B12s.

Another reason I chose this bus is because Forest operate it on B7RLE (D7E/'EcoLifeless') and O500LE diesel chassis, meaning small modifications to the model to change it from State Transit spec to Forest spec is all that's needed for you to be able to operate the CB60 Evo II out of every depot in Manly Act Three. These buses are commonly seen on the 280, 136, 155 and just about every 22x, 23x and 24x route included with the map, in my view making them a perfect first bus for Australia in the world of OMSI.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've tried before to make this bus or just a bus in general for OMSI but have always found Blender to difficult - however this time I'm determined to learn Blender. So far I've gotten further than I ever have before as you can see in the screenshots from the Blender file for the bus that I've managed to get the diagrams into Blender and where I want them so that's a positive I guess. I included some of my photos of the Volvo variant of the bus around Sydney (I tried to pick ones from depots in Manly though aha) so you can see what the bus should look like when it's done. If you've driven Act Three since it was released recently, you might even recognise a few details and places in the photos! And also, any tips or tricks on modelling buses in Blender would be greatly appreciated as I'm kind of trudging through the whole thing partially blind haha.

Just to finish off I realise this is kind of long for this thread so my apologies about that I'll make sure I'm shorter next time!

CB60 Evo II blender diagrams.PNG CB60 Evo II diagram in blender.jpg 1878-st--f098--wynyard-carrington-st--layover--91018_46335376144_o.jpg 2079-st--v050--wynyard-york-st--not-in-service--91018_46145615855_o.jpg 2088-st---l032---balmain-east-wharf---balmain-east-wharf-445-terminated---24218_42103509441_o.jpg 2252-st--b038--macquarie-centre--hurstville-410--15719_48360551346_o.jpg 2328-st--n065--wynyard-york-st--city-wynyard-243-terminated--91018_47007085152_o.jpg bridge-bus_45602232554_o.jpg mo-4974n109milsons-pointspit-junction-230121218_46335480991_o.jpg mo-4978--n028--wynyard-carrington-st--taronga-zoo-247--10818_40094319683_o.jpg rush-hour--mo-4966--wynyard_40094306393_o.jpg

Reactions: rampant and RS1995

LeylandNationalStagecoach

Developer
Outreach
Jun 28, 2018
Fayton Heath, Caldshire
I'm thinking of making a new project for Omsi 2 in blender. I'm new-ish to blender, but I'm getting use to modeling.

Does anyone know how to import a bus from blender to Omsi 2, add lighting, add bus blinds (LED or manual) and make it drivable? Thanks.
I don't yet, but I can direct you to someone who does know. @Road-hog123. This man is a real whizz when it comes to OMSI 2 stuff, I'm sure he'd be able to help you out if you have any specific questions about it. :)

I don't yet, but I can direct you to someone who does know. @Road-hog123. This man is a real whizz when it comes to OMSI 2 stuff, I'm sure he'd be able to help you out if you have any specific questions about it. :)
Actually, if I mean new project, I mean creating a new bus for Omsi which is a Plaxton Elite coach which will be really cool

Reactions: Scott44
Hi Everybody,

Been a member for a while, but haven't comment much. I'm thinking that there are now lots of popular Busses being made for UK maps but what about coaches?

I'm only aware of one Down loadable version. (Catateno) and believe somebody is working on one other!

Who would be interested im helping to work on maby the following models?

Plaxton Premier B10M used by Stagecoach and First

Plaxton Ellie B11RT used by Stagecoach, Megabus, National Express, First

Jonckheere Modulo B10m used by stagecoach & First

I am a complete beginner when it comes to Blender so some pointers would also be handy!

Attachments

• 19478946889_02a15ee5b1_b.jpg
    19478946889_02a15ee5b1_b.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 46
  • 8120240903_d45abd0e96_b.jpg
    8120240903_d45abd0e96_b.jpg
    166.5 KB · Views: 35
  • images.jpeg
    images.jpeg
    8.1 KB · Views: 23
  • Stagecoach Wales Volvo B10M Jonckheere 52632 B404.jpeg
    Stagecoach Wales Volvo B10M Jonckheere 52632 B404.jpeg
    55.3 KB · Views: 23
I've always thought that the UK maps are crying out for an E300 and want to try it out myself. (I prefer the Scania version over the MAN, so I'm thinking of doing that chassis)
Sourcing reference pics and following Blender tutorials is simple enough, but I'm not 100% sure about exact dimensions (I don't have access to a bus per say) and I'm clueless about mapping textures and such.

Last edited:

Advertisement

BritishRail60062

A Friendly Rail & Transport Fan.
Jan 10, 2017
Northern Ireland
www.youtube.com
I am slowly working on a new passenger pack with standard models from GTA V. I am new to using Blender but I know how to apply the textures and here is two models ported into Blender so far. Seeing that models get ported into GTA from other games like Need for Speed and Driver SF etc. I thought I would have a go at doing something positive for OMSI 2 and offer a freeware passenger pack alternative to the payware packs offered elsewhere.
Hong_Kong_Woman_01.png
ktown01hum01.png

Anyone have any advice on how to fix the hair textures here? They look like a broom! If anyone wants to help me out with this freeware project. Just let me know via PM. I don't have much experience with Blender personally so I appreciate any help and advice.

The plans are as follows.
Pack 1 - HK/Korea/Japan etc
Pack 2 - Hispanic/Latino etc

More to be added later.

The packs will have custom audio within limitations as I won't use any with severe bad words because of OMSI 2 being open to all audiences. I am planning this project very carefully and choosing the appropriate people for the pack. More on this project later :).

I've always thought that the UK maps are crying out for an E300 and want to try it out myself. (I prefer the Scania version over the MAN, so I'm thinking of doing that chassis)
Sourcing reference pics and following Blender tutorials is simple enough, but I'm not 100% sure about exact dimensions (I don't have access to a bus per say) and I'm clueless about mapping textures and such.
There is already a scania e300 in dev.

Advertisement

This thread is more than 9 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

Users who are viewing this thread