Starting a new project? (2 Viewers)

RS1995

Badgerline Enthusiast
Jul 24, 2018
Somerset
Pronouns
They/Them
That sounds like quite a lot. Possible extension in the future to Cotterell(Bath) for the X31.
I have a Plan set in motion to try and make my first map and all be it im not that familiar with the editor but I plan to take my time to learn,

The Idea is to base this map in Wiltshire, Now I don't yet know how big I am going to make this map cause naturally Wiltshire is a Really Rural Area and so is mostly town to town, however here is the basic concept:

I plan to get used to the Editor which is going well so far and enjoying it actually cause its something new,

Due to this im going to be starting off with 1 route and expanding from there.

My Plan is to start with the X33 Route from Devizes Town Market Place to Chippenham Trains Station (The X33 Does not include Calne) now I could of done a town service route like the 44's for Chippenham or the 1A . C or D service in Devizes but I simply just do not know them, however after taking the X33 for the last year and a half 4 days a week I know the X33 Route Pretty Much of by Heart and if I was looking at realistic Size, the map would be comparable in size and length with BOTW with the route taking about 30 - 40 min but again whether I will do a route that long at my level of knowledge may not happen and so may do it slightly shorter but still somewhat realistic,

The Towns / Villages in order would be:

Devizes - Rowde - Bromham - Derry Hill - Pewsham - Chippenham and back

Just want to know your thoughts on this.

Please bare in mind this is my first time trying this and so im just making the concept however Ive always wanted to do this so im gonna give it a real go.
and tips would be nice.

The Other thing is that the X33 route tends to run With an Enviro 200 however I don't have a full on Enviro 200 that 100% Works and I cant seem to get one of the Optare Solo either so looks like its gonna be a Volvo Eclipse for the main bus however an ALX 400 is used sometimes on School Runs so that is also a possibility I will try and track down an Enviro 200 but we shall see.

so what do you guys think of my plan?

Also I do plan to add Extra Routes and towns once the X33 Route is Complete and Working properly.

Advertisement

Aug 19, 2017
This is a place where if you're thinking of starting a new project, you can bounce ideas back and forth off other members of the community.
I have little experience with the editor but the idea of having my home city in the game would fascinate me. I am from liverpool and busses here are a big part of my life, I was aiming to sometime soon start on a demo of the 10 line from Liverpool to st. Helens. I do not think I yet have access to the required buildings, objects, splines or time, but Recreating Liverpool is a challenge that I am willing to try. Any map creators, let me know what you think. :) And if there are any splines and objects you could recommend?

Last edited:

RS1995

Badgerline Enthusiast
Jul 24, 2018
Somerset
Pronouns
They/Them
I have little experience with the editor but the idea of having my home city in the game would fascinate me. I am from liverpool and busses here are a big part of my life, I was aiming to sometime soon start on a demo of the 10 line from liverpool to st. helens. I do not think I yet have access to the required buildings, objects, splines or time, but Recreating liverpool is a challenge that I am willing to try. Any map creators, let me know what you think. :)

How long is the route?

Aug 19, 2017
How long is the route?
I think about
1 and a half HRs

Hello , I am going to try and improve the dennis dart that has already been made to make it up to the c400r's standards. Does anyone know how I would get started?
Hey, I think if you where to begin making a bus, or editing one, you would need editing experience in photoshop etc. and moddeling experience in blender, not sure about the textures but I would say just the interior needs redoing an the outside to be worked on. I think of the dar as a very early WIP which isn't going to be finished lol. not sure though because, I have zero experience with moddeling

I aim to build an ALX200 from scratch. I am new-ish to Blender so know the basics. Don't know how it is gonna turn out or how long itll take
good luck either way!

I was thinking about making a Bournemouth and Poole map, but I don't know anything about making a map haha. If anyone could show me a decent tutorial or lend a hand it would be greatly appreciated :)
I am using a kind of slow but helpful video tutorial but it's in 4 parts if you don't mind

Hey,

Im going to start a morecambe seafront map

before I do

To Start, what Would I need!

Whats allowed and whats not

eg what can I use, also if someone wants to help create let me know
Hey, I understand it's a bit late but I could assist you if you are struggling!

so as I said, am going to try and recreate liverpool, right? So I am going to start creating a VERY WIP recreation of the city centre roads, and see what you guys think. I feel that if I start to work on a map, I would need some help, any provided assistance would be greatly appreciated! like I said though, No props, just the road, for now at least ;)...

Aug 19, 2017
So for the past half an hour, I
have been trying to make L1 station and I can't seem to make a round about, any help? and tips on how to do this?

Advertisement

Albastru

Somebody stole my fantasy
Forum Moderator
Feb 11, 2018
Brighton & Hove, East Sussex, England
Pronouns
They/Them
So for the past half an hour, IView attachment 42690 have been trying to make L1 station and I can't seem to make a round about, any help? and tips on how to do this?
I wouldn’t know, as I struggle in the editor, but I think there is a roundabout spline include in one of the UKDT packs. Hope that helps.
Ecronbus

jaylaf747

A livery maker, but not for Omsi and TS
Dec 29, 2017
London
Well I've been thinking about making a Scania Omnicity (London Variant) as I travel on one everyday these Omnicities which has given me the inspiration of making these buses the project will hopefully contain the N94UD and the N230UD shown by these two images.
N94UD:

N230UD:

However there is big problems which I face to make these two amazing buses, the problem is that I need to learn how to use blender, get the sounds, coding and the overall modelling of the bus. Although I am pretty good at using photoshop which might come in handy.

Anyway I'm planning on starting this project either in the next 2 weeks or next month.

georgeloxton02

MendipXplorer veg
Apr 20, 2018
Somerset
Well I've been thinking about making a Scania Omnicity (London Variant) as I travel on one everyday these Omnicities which has given me the inspiration of making these buses the project will hopefully contain the N94UD and the N230UD shown by these two images.
N94UD:
View attachment 43247
N230UD:
View attachment 43248
However there is big problems which I face to make these two amazing buses, the problem is that I need to learn how to use blender, get the sounds, coding and the overall modelling of the bus. Although I am pretty good at using photoshop which might come in handy.

Anyway I'm planning on starting this project either in the next 2 weeks or next month.
I went into my Profile with no experience. I struggled with blender so I am currently using Sketchup for the base then using Blender to smooth it.

Advertisement

Albastru

Somebody stole my fantasy
Forum Moderator
Feb 11, 2018
Brighton & Hove, East Sussex, England
Pronouns
They/Them
N94UD:
View attachment 43247
N230UD:
View attachment 43248

I’d love to see this! I would help with reference, but B&H removed all theirs to MetroBus. We do have Omnidekka N94UD’s though!

Reactions: jaylaf747

jaylaf747

A livery maker, but not for Omsi and TS
Dec 29, 2017
London
I’d love to see this! I would help with reference, but B&H removed all theirs to MetroBus. We do have Omnidekka N94UD’s though!
Ah, ok. I'm glad you like the fact that I'm starting this project. The other reason why I want to do these two variants of the Omnicity is that London United operates the first N94UD SP (SP40001, YN56 FCA) which will be withdrawn sometime this year and some of the newer Omicity N230UDs but they are being swapped out with Volvo B5LHs from London Sovereign and that the Omnicitys in the area where I live (near Heathrow) are slowly disappearing.

Reactions: Albastru
Dec 25, 2018
N94UD:
View attachment 43247
N230UD:
View attachment 43248

I'm sure someone else is making this exact bus, not sure if they stopped though.

Advertisement

This thread is more than 9 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

Users who are viewing this thread