Starting a new project? (1 Viewer)

Advertisement

Feb 14, 2018
Hello guys. So basically I have found a big lack of destination blinds made for this map for RHD buses such as the GX7767 Leyland/volvo Olympians, E400 etc as well as things like the Leyland fleetline amongst others.

I was hoping people who have already made work for some of the RHD buses out there could please let me know, as I am hoping to make and release some blinds but don't want to make them for buses that have already been done.

My plan would include:
Leyland/volvo Olympian (gx7767)
Dennis dragons (gx7767)
Enviro 200 (gx7767)
Enviro 400 (gx7767/winsome)
Enviro 500 (gx7767/winsome)
MCW metrobus
Leyland fleetline
Alx500
Neoplan centroliner (gx7767)

& any other RHD buses out there. I am hoping to include modifying the interior displays as well so that they will display the next bus stop info as well as announcements (if any are made).

Please let me know your thoughts.

Many thanks
Kev wilson

Last edited by a moderator:

Joshy

That Burnley bus person
Dec 26, 2017
Burnley, Lancashire
Pronouns
He/Him
I'm in the process of making Downsworth & District and I'm creating this forum post to update people as I am making the map.

So please suggest what I should add as I give you updates
First screen shot is here:
Capture.PNG

Thanks,
joshuaanb
Burnley bus enthusiast

Last edited by a moderator:
Feb 14, 2018
So here is a little progress from my post earlier. I have started on the Enviro 500 range from GX7767 studio & have got both the interior & exterior displays working.

Hello guys. So basically I have found a big lack of destination blinds made for this map for RHD buses such as the GX7767 Leyland/volvo Olympians, E400 etc as well as things like the Leyland fleetline amongst others.

I was hoping people who have already made work for some of the RHD buses out there could please let me know, as I am hoping to make and release some blinds but don't want to make them for buses that have already been done.

My plan would include:
Leyland/volvo Olympian (gx7767)
Dennis dragons (gx7767)
Enviro 200 (gx7767)
Enviro 400 (gx7767/winsome)
Enviro 500 (gx7767/winsome)
MCW metrobus
Leyland fleetline
Alx500
Neoplan centroliner (gx7767)

& any other RHD buses out there. I am hoping to include modifying the interior displays as well so that they will display the next bus stop info as well as announcements (if any are made).

Please let me know your thoughts.

Many thanks
Kev wilson

Attachments

• 28944923_10215732518010979_1708884371_o.png
    28944923_10215732518010979_1708884371_o.png
    423.2 KB · Views: 21
  • 28945053_10215732434088881_415025397_o.png
    28945053_10215732434088881_415025397_o.png
    563.2 KB · Views: 20

Hullian111

EYMS Buses Really Mean Business
Aug 5, 2017
... well, where do you think?!
I'm planning on modifying MarkHodgkinson's RoadCar ALX400's livery to make it a Humberlink bus, replacing the Humber Fastcat to what it was in the day. With the right permissions of course. If I could get the fonts for the Humberlink wording, it'd be appreciated.
8239276392_b609f25930_b.jpg

(image courtesy of ^^^)

I'm also considering laying the groundwork for a basic Hull map, but I'm probably never going to go through with it. Speaking of Hull, I've got a KHCT revival on the cards, aiming to create a modernised, fictionalised fleet using the President, N230UD, and the long Dart...when they come out, of course.

Oh, and I'm planning on making Frequento liveries for the ALX400, C400R, and when they come out, the C200R and the President, adapting from Stagecoach livery packs. The question, however, is figuring out how the bloody hell window templates work, especially for the ALX400.

Last edited:

Advertisement

Mystic Greg

Add-on London Team
May 22, 2016

whistlehead

Alias Mr Hackenbacker
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015
Tip 1: You won't get anywhere until you've started. Open the editor and start messing around.
Tip 2: Deconstruct maps you like to see how they're built, then copy their techniques.
Tip 3: Try basing your map on real places, but without having to conform to reality everywhere - this helps prevent you getting stuck with no ideas while also meaning you can simplify things to make them easier to build.
Tip 4: Take a look at town names around the place you're basing your map, see if you can spot any patterns or common themes. Try jamming together different bits of names from the region to see what sticks - eg. Farthington is a combination of Farthing Lane in St Ives and Huntingdon. As both names are from the area originally, the resulting name works out pretty well.

Good luck :)

Hullian111

Aug 5, 2017
Since the Humberlink ALX400 is already been covered by someone much more experienced than me, I have decided to bin that off, and now I'm looking at something a little more complex - a repaint for the Leyland Fleetline.
14828922604_c5538a83fc_b.jpg

(Image courtesy of VRLH, I cannot for the life of me figure out how to embed Flickr photos)

The problem goes in how to even get started. I'm not aware of any template, but it seems there is one out there. Besides, I probably will get sidetracked, anyway, but it doesn't hurt to give it a go, at least.

20180505085936_1.jpg AT. FREAKING. LAST! AERIALS! :D

So I'm new to all this Omsi mapmaking stuff, but it's getting me something to focus on and channel some anxiety on. Struggled for several days, and I don't know why it worked now.., but I followed on of the youtube tutorials TO THE POINT. Not sure about what DEM 's are but he messed with that before adding aerials. I was close to giving up... looking to alternatives as screenshoting and background but uuugh.

So. :) I've worked as a bus driver previously and Omsi/ets2 is my new drug at the moment. Needing those driving hours! Of course the thing that pops into my head now is to build a map around the town where I started learning to bus. :P

It might of course be a too large a project for a beginner. Might do it parallell whilst playing around in the editor in a fictional town. Anyways. I'll link to the town, and the bus network. How would I go about this? I don't think my computer can handle load all those tiles (I guess though that I would focus on tiles around the bus lines, of course.) Is it possible to do it like a puzzle and then stitch together? Thoughts? Eslöv, Sweden bus routes: Busroutes in Eslöv, (ÖPNVKarte)

Happy busing! (and mapping!)

Advertisement

Tayte44

Banned Member
Mar 25, 2018
On that m
I'm in the process of making Downsworth & District and I'm creating this forum post to update people as I am making the map.

So please suggest what I should add as I give you updates
First screen shot is here:
View attachment 26527

Thanks,
joshuaanb
Burnley bus enthusiast

On that mini roundabout you should add a road leading off to a bus station and add more speed humps i tend to speed

Hullian111

Aug 5, 2017
After putting together and abandoning a basic rectangle for a planned Palatine (that'll be started when I learn Blender enough), I've decided to take it upon myself to try and do a Hull map - perhaps either Simplibus era or Frequento era.

The only route I will do at the moment will be the EYMS 56 from Longhill to Hull Interchange. I'm only focusing on roads at the moment - pointers for an absolute newbie at this would be highly appreciated.

A major problem, however, is dealing with Hull Interchange. Following the rebuild, buses now reverse out to exit - this isn't possible in OMSI 2. How do I do it?

Reactions: MylesW
After putting together and abandoning a basic rectangle for a planned Palatine (that'll be started when I learn Blender enough), I've decided to take it upon myself to try and do a Hull map - perhaps either Simplibus era or Frequento era.

The only route I will do at the moment will be the EYMS 56 from Longhill to Hull Interchange. I'm only focusing on roads at the moment - pointers for an absolute newbie at this would be highly appreciated.

A major problem, however, is dealing with Hull Interchange. Following the rebuild, buses now reverse out to exit - this isn't possible in OMSI 2. How do I do it?
So firstly, you've actually picked a good route in terms of time. I'd say if your feeling ambitious you could maybe push to get the 57 in there, I assume they inter-work so that could work quite well.

Start with the ground work of the map - aka road layouts, pavements and basic buildings (like assets that are readily available and would work). In my experience you wanna mix and match spending time of one section of the map and then also just getting the ground work like roads done, depending on the complexity of the area in question. Try to keep your map otimised by using SceneryObjects instead of Splines where possible (Junctions are a prime example of this).

In terms of reversing, there really are 2 ways around this. You can either do it like Cotterell where AI buses drive into the bus station but don't actually pull onto the stand and therefore don't pick up passengers or you can do a BotW and get the buses to stop a little further away from end of the stand and then path it so it can essentially pull out of the bay depending on how Hull Bus Stn is laid out.

Any more questions, always feel free to DM me, I'll answer them best I can.

Advertisement

This thread is more than 9 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

Users who are viewing this thread