Starting a new project?

Moskie

Jan 16, 2016
There's arguably never too many being developed too though, however. To be honest there wouldn't be enough buses if we all did one each, and the Solo is a favourite. They'll all be to different grade/preference, some of them might be Slimline, others might be W I D E B O I S however... ;)

Kyle

Nee Naw Nee Naw
Oct 25, 2016
Hello everyone, Lately I promised everyone Sootford will be the chosn map to made, that`s what im doing very soon.
Im planning to start the map somewhere about the 9th or 11th of July so anything can happen, More information will be made soon

Thanks
Kyle

Reactions: Ecronbuses

georgeloxton02

I am making a Plaxton Premiere!
Apr 20, 2018
I would love to see a map stretching from Bath to Wells, using routes 172, 173, 174 & 179. However with no experience on map creating & not having the time to do create a map for omsi, i thought it would be a nice suggestion for any keen map makers to consider :) .

Operator : First Bus

172 Bath - Paulton via Midsomer Norton -- Every 30 mins (50 min journey)
173 Bath - Wells via Midsomer Norton & Chilcompton -- Every 60 Minutes (90 minute Journey) ------ Routes can probs be scaled down to around half the time.
174 Bath - Wells via Midsomer Norton & Shepton Mallet -- Every 60 Minutes (80 minute Journey)
179 Bath - Paulton Tesco via Timsbury -- Every 120 Minutes -- (30 Minute Journey)
41 Odd Down P&R -- Every 10 minutes -- (10 Minute journey)

172, 173 & 174 in Mendip Xplorer Livery, 179 in Standard First bus. P&R in P&R Livery.

Wright Eclipse 1, Wright Eclipse 2, Wright Gemini 1, Wright Streetdeck. (MXP) -- Wells Depot
Enivro 200,, ALX400, Wright Eclipse 1, Wright Gemini 1 (Olympia & Barbie) -- Bath Depot
Wright Eclipse 1 (Badgerline) -- Wells Depot
Enviro 400, Wright Gemini 2 & Wright Streetdeck (Bath P&R Livery) -- Bath Depot

Note - 179 only uses Enviro 200.

These are all lovely rural routes & it would be really nice to see them in Omsi 2 in the future., So, for any keen map makers looking for an interesting project, or just someone wanting to give map making a go, I thought this would be a nice suggestion & possible future project. If anyone does give this a go, good luck & ill support you all the way! :)
Im thinking of expanding cotterell to do the 174 in a more fictional style. It will be based off of it. Let me know what you think . I already have a selection of MendipXplorer and P&R repaints.

Reactions: smi11083827

streamr_yt

Call me Ryan 🙂
Apr 5, 2018
Favourite Truck
Volvo
Im thinking of expanding cotterell to do the 174 in a more fictional style. It will be based off of it. Let me know what you think . I already have a selection of MendipXplorer and P&R repaints.
Sounds like a nice idea! You may want to re-build parts of cotterell as well. Also if you do ever have the time, try do the 172 (my local route) as well :) - its a reasonably simple route. But like only do what you want to do. It would be really nice to see the mendip xplorer routes in omsi, and the 174 is a really nice route, i've travelled on it a couple of times.

Also odd down P&R in bath (Cotterell) would be a nice idea as its a very short route. But yeah, its all up to you for what you decide to build if you do go ahead with the project.

Reactions: georgeloxton02

smi11083827

Jul 24, 2018
That would be an excellent choice of route (Slightly biased as it's my local route XD) Good Luck with it, if you do it

Reactions: georgeloxton02

LT586

SimJourneys Defunked
Oct 25, 2016
My biggest factor is starting I tried making Chingford Bus station as a starting point but got the scale wrong.

ITS A11

#RIPAnthoine
Nov 12, 2018
How do you make mountain roads, bridges and all of that, I'm trying to make my map a bit more interesting