Starting a new project? (1 Viewer)

May 2, 2017
I'm in the middle of starting a map right now. I want to use the Manley version of the ADL E200, I think it's made by GX77 something or other. I cannot find where I got this version of the bus from to try and seek credit.

I might also want to use the A21 RHD made by V3D - do I have to contact each individual author of bus to use them in my map, or simply leave a credit in my map dist with a link to the download of the bus?

Sorry if this has been answered before, I'm a little confused of what's expected of me and I don't want to make enemies for doing the wrong thing.
Kind regards.

Advertisement

Sambob_12

Controlling your content since 2018
Administrator
FF Council
Premium Subscriber
Oct 26, 2016
Kent, UK
I'm in the middle of starting a map right now. I want to use the Manley version of the ADL E200, I think it's made by GX77 something or other. I cannot find where I got this version of the bus from to try and seek credit.

I might also want to use the A21 RHD made by V3D - do I have to contact each individual author of bus to use them in my map, or simply leave a credit in my map dist with a link to the download of the bus?

Sorry if this has been answered before, I'm a little confused of what's expected of me and I don't want to make enemies for doing the wrong thing.
Kind regards.

You can use whatever bus you want in the ailist without asking the author, as long as you put a link to where to download the bus in the readme, and not include the actual bus in the map download.

Sambob_12

Controlling your content since 2018
Administrator
FF Council
Premium Subscriber
Oct 26, 2016
Kent, UK
Makes sense, thanks for clarifying. Is it the same for all related objects too in projects? Roads.. objects.. splines etc?
Yep, you are allowed to use anything you want, as long as you link it in the readme and don't include it in the download without permission.

I'd like to make a 2009 Wright Eclipse on a Volvo B7RLE chassis. I'm gonna have to take some pictures of the bus interior and exterior. I'm gonna have to record the sounds. And I'm gonna have to learn how to use blender as it seems really confusing to me.

Has anyone got any more tips for making this bus and how to use blender please?

Advertisement

Tom9962

Morden Man
Outreach
Jun 3, 2017
London, UK, Earth, Milky Way, Universe
I'd like to make my home county of Pembrokeshire. However though, cant make objects/splines to save my life so any help would be great. No probs if cant
You don't Need to make Objects or Splines :), You can use Ones that exist: iomexLH, Whistlehead, Roadhog-123 ect. if you want to make your own buildings or splines though, search some Tutorials on YT :P

LH275

????????????
Dec 9, 2016
London
I've been thinking for quite a long time now to make a map based of Harrow, a borough in London. Although I'd just like to know what extras I'd need to create my own splines and paths for cars, for say a very complicated double roundabout

I'm currently learning Blender to make a Volvo Olympian with Alexander RL Bodywork based off the ones that Stagecoach once owned. There will be no London spec, Just a Basic D10A And ZF Ecomat, Bench seats, Flipdot or LED Orange display, all standard UK Spec. That's if it goes to plan though. I've got sounds and Textures due to the operator i work at having a lot of Ollys.

Advertisement

RS1995

Badgerline Enthusiast
Jul 24, 2018
Somerset
Pronouns
They/Them
I'm thinking of extending Cotterell to Bristol. Having travelled between the two many times I've picked up a mental image of the route.
c2b.JPG

• Sad
Reactions: Ddogb

Road-hog123

An Orange Bus
FF Council
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015
Kent, UK
roadhog123.co.uk
Pronouns
He/Him
A semi-fictional shortened route between the two would be fitting with what Cotterell is and be less work, might be worth considering?

Cotterell doesn't use world coordinates, and so doesn't use DEM or aerial imagery - the amount of work needed to integrate the whole of Cotterell into a real-world map that does use DEM and aerial imagery would vastly outweigh the work needed to rebuild the tiny bit of Bath that's shared with the 39/X39 on a brand new map, imo.

RS1995

Badgerline Enthusiast
Jul 24, 2018
Somerset
Pronouns
They/Them
A semi-fictional shortened route between the two would be fitting with what Cotterell is and be less work, might be worth considering?

Cotterell doesn't use world coordinates, and so doesn't use DEM or aerial imagery - the amount of work needed to integrate the whole of Cotterell into a real-world map that does use DEM and aerial imagery would vastly outweigh the work needed to rebuild the tiny bit of Bath that's shared with the 39/X39 on a brand new map, imo.

Good idea. I was planning on extending it a short way to include a P+R site. Odd Down P+R

I have a Plan set in motion to try and make my first map and all be it im not that familiar with the editor but I plan to take my time to learn,

The Idea is to base this map in Wiltshire, Now I don't yet know how big I am going to make this map cause naturally Wiltshire is a Really Rural Area and so is mostly town to town, however here is the basic concept:

I plan to get used to the Editor which is going well so far and enjoying it actually cause its something new,

Due to this im going to be starting off with 1 route and expanding from there.

My Plan is to start with the X33 Route from Devizes Town Market Place to Chippenham Trains Station (The X33 Does not include Calne) now I could of done a town service route like the 44's for Chippenham or the 1A . C or D service in Devizes but I simply just do not know them, however after taking the X33 for the last year and a half 4 days a week I know the X33 Route Pretty Much of by Heart and if I was looking at realistic Size, the map would be comparable in size and length with BOTW with the route taking about 30 - 40 min but again whether I will do a route that long at my level of knowledge may not happen and so may do it slightly shorter but still somewhat realistic,

The Towns / Villages in order would be:

Devizes - Rowde - Bromham - Derry Hill - Pewsham - Chippenham and back

Just want to know your thoughts on this.

Please bare in mind this is my first time trying this and so im just making the concept however Ive always wanted to do this so im gonna give it a real go.
and tips would be nice.

The Other thing is that the X33 route tends to run With an Enviro 200 however I don't have a full on Enviro 200 that 100% Works and I cant seem to get one of the Optare Solo either so looks like its gonna be a Volvo Eclipse for the main bus however an ALX 400 is used sometimes on School Runs so that is also a possibility I will try and track down an Enviro 200 but we shall see.

so what do you guys think of my plan?

Also I do plan to add Extra Routes and towns once the X33 Route is Complete and Working properly.

Reactions: RS1995

Advertisement

This thread is more than 9 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

Users who are viewing this thread