Stagecoach - Are they really a good company? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Advertisement

Hullian111

EYMS Buses Really Mean Business
Aug 5, 2017
... well, where do you think?!
True but when I was up at my nans in Warwickshire, I was charged £1.80 for a single.... (or maybe it could of been the driver thinking I was adult when I wasn't)
So is this whole vendetta personally based on you being overcharged? This is, ladies and gentlemen, what they call 'cancel culture'. :kappa:

But seriously, if your strawman argument is to try and 'cancel' Stagecoach, a nearly-forty year old cross-country bus company, for their outright nastiness in the nineties, which they should absolutely be condemned for, was inspired just because you were overcharged for a bus ride, then unless you want to provide a decent debate about the company now than just posting a video from the nineties, then please just pack it in. I'm by no means a defender for Stagecoach, but this is a bit ridiculous.

Stagecoach here are a bit hit and miss, and I’m speaking off of a regular “commuter” with them

Sometimes the bus is in at least half decent condition with professional friendly drivers but other times the bus is in a state and the drivers have had enough of their jobs (can’t blame them though, driving in Cambridge must be a right pain sometimes.)

I found this interesting documentary from around the 1980's-1990's about Stagecoach which is honestly an interesting watch

Watched that a couple of times, whilst it isn’t really valid now its still a bit of an interesting video

Matty_T_98

Casual Observer
Mar 6, 2017
Liverpool
This is such a weak arguement. Considering this is at least a 26 Year old film and Stagecoach is still operating around the country they clearly must be doing something right. Granted they weren't the best back in the 90s something obviously changed as they aren't the same today. The fact that this flimsy argument is based solely on the fact that you got charged £1.80 instead of the child fare is utterly ridiculous. I'd suggest either taking this one back to the drawing board and coming up with a stronger more compelling arguement than "I was overcharged one time" or bring yourself into 2020 and deal with the fact that you were overcharged by a few pence, that clearly wasn't that big of an issue otherwise you would've told the driver instead of complaining online about something that really isn't that important, and that Stagecoach have clearly changed and became a better company than it was and move on with your life.

Reactions: RS1995
Apr 15, 2020
They are a good company, all I care about in a bus company is the bus gets me to my destination I don't even mind if they are a little late, as it's usually down to traffic which is beyond their control. They do a fantastic day ticket for Barnsley which is a Silver Day Ticket I believe at 4.90 and that allows you travel across West and South Yorkshire, which is great value im.

Reactions: RS1995

Advertisement

FirstEnviro

Developer of the Studio Polygon [Redacted]
Studio Polygon
Nov 1, 2016
United Kingdom
True but when I was up at my nans in Warwickshire, I was charged £1.80 for a single.... (or maybe it could of been the driver thinking I was adult when I wasn't)
£1.80 single isn't even that far off most other operators...

Jan 24, 2020
This is such a weak arguement. Considering this is at least a 26 Year old film and Stagecoach is still operating around the country they clearly must be doing something right. Granted they weren't the best back in the 90s something obviously changed as they aren't the same today. The fact that this flimsy argument is based solely on the fact that you got charged £1.80 instead of the child fare is utterly ridiculous. I'd suggest either taking this one back to the drawing board and coming up with a stronger more compelling arguement than "I was overcharged one time" or bring yourself into 2020 and deal with the fact that you were overcharged by a few pence, that clearly wasn't that big of an issue otherwise you would've told the driver instead of complaining online about something that really isn't that important, and that Stagecoach have clearly changed and became a better company than it was and move on with your life.

I'd reply to this if I wasn't so much of a hypocrite but facts are facts at the end of the day

£1.80 single isn't even that far off most other operators...

I got a day ticket for £1 on a National Express Coventry service which operates in that exact same route corridor

So is this whole vendetta personally based on you being overcharged? This is, ladies and gentlemen, what they call 'cancel culture'. :kappa:

But seriously, if your strawman argument is to try and 'cancel' Stagecoach, a nearly-forty year old cross-country bus company, for their outright nastiness in the nineties, which they should absolutely be condemned for, was inspired just because you were overcharged for a bus ride, then unless you want to provide a decent debate about the company now than just posting a video from the nineties, then please just pack it in. I'm by no means a defender for Stagecoach, but this is a bit ridiculous.

My opinions on Stagecoach are mixed and as mentioned with my man in the first quote addressed. I'd reply to this if I wasn't so much of a hypocrite

Mod note: please lock this forum

Tbh, I am probably bored and wanted to just start something for no reason

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread