Stagecoach 2017-18 Financial Order (1 Viewer)

KieronTreacher

The Senate
Jan 20, 2016
Grimsby
Stagecoach 2017-18 Financial Order
122 ADL MMC E400 double-deckers
59 Scania ADL MMC E400 double-deckers
62 ADL MMC E200 single-deckers
40 ADL MMC E200 midibuses
18 Wrightbus StreetLite 11.5m Micro Hybrid single-deckers
7 Wrightbus Volvo open top double decker
2 Wrightbus Eclipse-Volvo single-deckers
9 Plaxton Elite i 15metre coaches
8 Plaxton Elite 6x2 15metre coaches
14 Plaxton Elite 4x2 coaches
3 Caetano Levante Volvo B11R 6x2 coaches

whistlehead

Alias Mr Hackenbacker
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015
An interesting deviatino from what I was expecting there - I was under the impression SC was no longer purchasing Scania E400s.

The Eclipses I'd imagine will be to supplement the Cambridge Busway fleet, as services are due to be increased to accommodate the new railway station and residential areas udner construction. I wonder if any of the E400 Scanias will be for the Busway as well?

The Streetlites are certainly interesting.

(Also I've moved this thread to the correct section)

Advertisement

D

Deleted member 422

Stagecoach Levante's eh? That could be an interesting sight. Something which I think might suit their livery quite well.

Elite's as per usual for their coaches.

I'd imagine that the 7 Open Top buses, would be Gemini3's, which sport the glass pillars at the side, and a glass section at the front upper floor, so you can actually see something :P

The Streetlite's send a worrying though, that they are actually considering them now, means they must have been happy with the batch of WF ones, South Wales have. I'd imagine that the 18 11.5m ones would go to a similar place also.

E400's, and E200's is the norm for Stagecoach now, they seem to like the ADL 200, and 400 ranges, seeing as they have had the ALX's, Enviro's and now continuing with MMC's.

Street cleaner
Forum Moderator
FF Council
UKDT
Premium Subscriber
Oct 24, 2016
The Streetlites are worrying, I thought they'd settled on the E200 MMC which is much nicer vehicle
I'm not surprised at the Scania E400 MMCs, given it was only recently developed; I guess SC thinks the ADL is not up for interurban duties.
Won't the 3 Levantes be based at Chesterfield on National Express franchise work, so not going to be in Stagecoach corporate colours?

EDIT: It seems SC Western already have some Levantes in corporate livery.

Last edited:

pıʌɐp

pıʌɐp™
Mar 4, 2016
Guildford, Surrey, UK
Also this got leaked by someone within the company a while back
3786c31b136cb55c3b24ffbc57f5ea58.png

Last edited:

whistlehead

Alias Mr Hackenbacker
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015
Well that confirms that some of the Scanias and both the Eclipses are for the Busway then. At a guess the integral MMCs for Cambridge are to displace the last of the Tridents in the area, as well as the oddball E400s and the remaining MANs. They might also be taking over the 2 from the E300s - they've been sighted in and around Ely and Norfolk Green territory lately, so they may well be being assessed for suitability.

Advertisement

whistlehead

Alias Mr Hackenbacker
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015
E200s are too narrow for the Busway, they'd need long extended guidewheels. Whether Whippet uses B7RLEs or not doesn't really matter, as the two companies don't share any fleet maintenence or anything - the buses are owned and operated by their companies, the contract is simply that the buses must be below a certain age and wear a council approved livery in order to have access to the Busway.

I'd imagine the reason they bought Eclipse 2 B7RLEs to start with is because in 2009 there was no comparable high-speed heavyweight single decker available (single deckers are required for the stretch leading to Trumpington park and ride) - and by the time the K230UB E300 had started production, they already had a considerable B7RLE fleet, so commonality within their own fleet made sense. I'd guess they went with B8RLEs more recently over K230UBs since the E300 is being discontinued and ADL isn't introducing an equivalent heavyweight single decker to replace it.

this is the info I got which was the press release

STAGECOACH PLACES £70MILLION ORDERS FOR NEW VEHICLES

13 Apr 2017

More than 340 new buses and coaches ordered
More than £1billion orders for around 7,000 new vehicles placed over past 11 years
Latest intake of vehicles all meet latest Euro 6 emissions standards and have USB charging points
Innovative emissions-reducing stop-start technology on majority of new buses

Stagecoach Group today (13 April 2017) announced new vehicle orders worth £70million.

A new fleet of around 340 vehicles, most equipped with free wifi, will be introduced in the coming 2017-18 financial year as the company continues to reinvest profits in improving services for customers in communities across the UK.

The latest announcement takes Stagecoach Group's total orders of new buses and coaches to more than £1billion in the past 11 years, delivering around 7,000 new vehicles for passengers.
The brand new buses and coaches will be introduced in Stagecoach's regional networks in England, Scotland and Wales, as well as on the company’s megabus.com network in the UK.
Almost half of the new vehicles meet the Government’s Low Carbon Emission Bus specification, while around two thirds feature innovative stop-start technology to help improve fuel consumption and reduce emissions.

Most of the new vehicles are set to be built in the UK, helping to support hundreds of British manufacturing jobs and smaller businesses in the supply chain who produce key components from drivers' seats and toilets to wheelchair lifts and destination displays*. All of the new vehicles meet Euro 6 emissions standards.

Each of the new vehicles will also be fitted with CCTV, and USB charging points, while most will also have wi-fi installed, giving customers free internet access during their journeys.

The latest orders follow an annual competitive tendering process and the first of the new vehicles are being delivered from Spring 2017.

Highlights of the latest investment are around 180 low-floor double-decker vehicles to go into service across the UK, as well as around 60 single deck vehicles and 40 midibuses. Included in the latest order are the first purpose-build open top vehicles the company has ever ordered, plus new vehicles for the Cambridge Guided Busway and a fleet of 18 micro hybrid vehicles to go into operation in Sheffield, which have been partly funded by the Office for Low Emissions Vehicles (OLEV).

There are also 34 coaches for the Group’s UK Bus, Scottish Citylink and megabus.com operations.

Stagecoach has already met its requirements under the UK Disability Discrimination Act deadline for double deck and single deck vehicles.

Stagecoach Group Chief Executive Martin Griffiths said: “Our focus is on delivering practical improvements to make travel even better for our customers. We are continuing to re-invest money from fares in state-of-the-art, cleaner, greener vehicles, digital technology and smart ticketing to deliver an even higher standard of service. These latest vehicle orders are an important part of our strategy to encourage even more people to take the bus.

“Local bus services are the backbone of the country’s transport networks. However, the increasing problem of traffic congestion in our towns and cities is holding buses back and it is high time our politicians stepped up and took action to support bus passengers and free up road space to help bus networks flourish.”

Details of the new orders are as follows:
3 Caetano Levante Volvo B11R 6x2 coaches

Stagecoach has made a series of other investments to help transform bus travel for customers, including:
the new ‘Stagecoach Bus’ smartphone app which provides customers with journey planning, next-stop information and live bus tracking, and enables
people to buy and download bus tickets straight to their mobile phone.

Smart ticketing at all Stagecoach regional companies with more than two million StagecoachSmart cards in circulation and more than 330million smart transactions every year.

Multi-operator smart ticketing in all of England’s city regions, benefitting around 15million people, and in several key areas of Scotland, delivered in partnership with other UK bus operators.
Contactless payments launched on Stagecoach services in Oxfordshire, Manchester and the north east of England, with the technology to be available at all Stagecoach bus companies by 2018.

A commitment to work with the UK’s major bus operators on an ambitious scheme that could see contactless travel introduced on every one of the UK’s 32,000-plus buses outside London by 2022.

For further information about Stagecoach bus services, visit www.stagecoachbus.com.

For media enquiries, please contact: Stagecoach Group Communications on 01738 442111 or email [email protected]

NOTES TO EDITORS
*Below are some examples of the suppliers who will benefit from these vehicle orders:
Suppliers:
CCTV Synectics Ltd (UK)
WiFI Icomera (UK)
Drivers Seat Chapman Drivers Seating Ltd (UK)
Bus Passenger Seats Lazzerini (Italy)
Coach Passenger Seats Fainsa _ Spain (Plaxton Coaches)
Destination Equipment Hanover Displays (UK)
Wheelchair Lift PLS (Passenger Lift Services) UK
Coach Toilets Shades Technics ltd (UK)
Stagecoach Group
Stagecoach Group is an international public transport group, with extensive operations in the UK, the United States and Canada. The Group employs around 40,000 people, and operates around 13,000 buses, coaches, trains and trams.
Stagecoach is one of the UK’s biggest bus and coach operators with around 8,500 buses and coaches on a network stretching from south-west England to the Highlands and Islands of Scotland. Low-cost coach service, megabus.com, operates a network of inter-city services across the UK.
Stagecoach is a major UK rail operator, running the South West Trains, Island Line and East Midlands Trains networks. It has a 49% shareholding in Virgin Rail Group, which operates the West Coast rail franchise. It also has a 90% shareholding in Virgin Trains East Coast, which operates the East Coast rail franchise.
Stagecoach operates the Supertram light rail network in Sheffield.
In North America, Stagecoach operates around 2,300 buses and coaches in the United States and Canada. megabus.com links around 130 key locations in North America. Stagecoach is also involved in operating commuter, transit, contracted, charter, airport shuttle and sightseeing services.

Reactions: roryjc02
Stagecoach 2017-18 Financial Order