So the other day @Muzz passed his full bike test! (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaanko

Co-Founder
May 24, 2009
England
Which meant one thing.. He was finally allowed to take pillions, once he passed we went for a ride then watched the dictator on a big projector and ate pizza. No pictures of that.. But I got a few pictures from today.

After a decent ride we ended up at a park and decided to take a walk .
This brought us to our first problem, how the hell do you pay and display on a wet motorbike? View attachment 1023 fortunately some guy just drove up and handed us an old ticket.. Parking sorted :)
Finally there, welcome to Britain and endless bad weather. It's pretty nice regardless. View attachment 1019
View attachment 1021
View attachment 1022
View attachment 1024 View attachment 1025
Deer are harder to catch than they seem. View attachment 1026
Then we found this castle thing! Wasn't open this time of the year but still cool. View attachment 1027
View attachment 1028
View attachment 1029
View attachment 1030
We ran out of time so we grabbed a tea and headed back. Once at the bike I did a burnout then we rode towards home
View attachment 1031
I somehow got drafted into helping muzz paint his office
View attachment 1032 After a short ride through b&m and a burnout in their carpark..
View attachment 1033 we then tried to get macdonalds through the drive through.. On a bike. The speaker wouldn't pick a bike up so we ordered at the pay window
View attachment 1034 They gave us food, I hit his killswitch at the lights a few times on the way there, then we sat and ate it
View attachment 1035
Then it was time to call it a day! Well done on passing mate :)
View attachment 1036

Advertisement

Seven

The Dickhead
Aug 25, 2014
UK
lx-fx.co.uk
Congrats Muzz!

@BeBosny - https://www.gov.uk/rules-motorcyclists-83-to-88/motorcycle-licence-requirements

Basically, if you're 16 and over you can ride a 50cc moped. When you're 17 that increases to a 125cc. Unrestricted bikes are over 24 for direct access (say if you wanted a 600cc right off) or 21 under progressive access.

"Progressive Access" as copied from the above link:
Progressive access is a process that allows a rider to take a higher-category practical test if they already have at least two years’ experience on a lower-category motorcycle.

There is only one bike test too. You get your provisional license which is the same as a moped, but allows you to drive cars at 17 (with someone aged 21 or over who's had a license for at least 3 years. Then you can take a bike test or a car test. AFAIK, you can't take the 125cc test til you're 17 and you can't take the test for larger bikes til 21 (progressive).

The UK government is confusing. Basically, there's like, 3 bike tests for different engine sizes. There's only 1 car test, but then there's minibus, bus/coach, 7.5ton truck, box truck heavier than 7.5ton, then class 1 (artctics). Phew.

Big congratulations, Muzzy!

I had to remind myself for a minute that the laws over there are a complete 180 degree turn what it is in the US. 16, pass a test, have fun on a 1000cc sportbike over here...

Really wish America would work towards a more progressive and safer system... everyone would throw a fit though.

Nice motorcycles, stay safe!

Congrats Muzz!

@BeBosny - https://www.gov.uk/rules-motorcyclists-83-to-88/motorcycle-licence-requirements

Basically, if you're 16 and over you can ride a 50cc moped. When you're 17 that increases to a 125cc. Unrestricted bikes are over 24 for direct access (say if you wanted a 600cc right off) or 21 under progressive access.

"Progressive Access" as copied from the above link:
Progressive access is a process that allows a rider to take a higher-category practical test if they already have at least two years’ experience on a lower-category motorcycle.

There is only one bike test too. You get your provisional license which is the same as a moped, but allows you to drive cars at 17 (with someone aged 21 or over who's had a license for at least 3 years. Then you can take a bike test or a car test. AFAIK, you can't take the 125cc test til you're 17 and you can't take the test for larger bikes til 21 (progressive).

The UK government is confusing. Basically, there's like, 3 bike tests for different engine sizes. There's only 1 car test, but then there's minibus, bus/coach, 7.5ton truck, box truck heavier than 7.5ton, then class 1 (artctics). Phew.

Wow, Belgium has the worst system I think. Here you need a license(driving school 4h+ exam to even drive a 50cc from 16yo. Then you need to take a theory exam to drive a 125cc, you need to be 18 for that aswell.

Advertisement

Seven

The Dickhead
Aug 25, 2014
UK
lx-fx.co.uk
Wow, Belgium has the worst system I think. Here you need a license(driving school 4h+ exam to even drive a 50cc from 16yo. Then you need to take a theory exam to drive a 125cc, you need to be 18 for that aswell.
Tbh I see a growing amount of car drivers who are total nutcases in the UK, I wish it was harder to pass because then people will put more effort into it and you know, actually remember it when they're older. First thing I get on my car (other than the insurance company's black box) is a Dashcam. I recommend everyone has one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread