So how do I start a VTC then (1 Viewer)

Max

-- .- -..-
FF Council
Jan 12, 2014
UK
The first thing you would need, is a lot of time! Managing a VTC takes up almost all of your own time, even with a large team behind you!

If you're happy with that, then you need to find a way to make your VTC stand out from the rest. Often the best way to do this is by having a high quality, unique skin & if possible, other mods such as trailers, that no other VTC has.

The final thing I would say is that you need to have patience if your VTC isn't successful at first! The VTC I'm working for at the moment was very small when it first opened, but in the year or so, we've gained experienced modders, and drivers who are willing to work hard, and now have 175+ drivers!

I hope this helps you, and if you have any more questions, feel free to drop me a PM :)

Advertisement

Muzz

The Baron
May 25, 2009
London, UK
www.trucksim.org
I never really used to mind Adfly, but since the release of ETS2 and since the community started to pick up steam, I can't stand it. Every mod site is full of the junk, and not even Adblock can fully block it.

But anyway, I think Tim has found the answer to his question.

Simplez72

Range Logistics VTC - Owner
In response to Tims question I can only back up what Max has said, Time is the main thing, I spend on average 8/10 hours a day sorting out stuff for the VTC, sometimes longer. You'll take ages just getting a few drivers and it will seem very tiresome, I think Swift has the biggest following though I know of another that has over a 100 drivers.
Your always striving to get the best results for your drivers, alot of VTC's are done by dedicated people who want to share their joy of the game, and for this reason they put the effort in.
Finance wise, well you have the cost of servers and website stuff, as well as any licences you use. However a few VTCS avoid these costs by using social media, but contribute enormously to sites similiar to this one.
Understanding your drivers is always good BUT only providing/ allowing mods to better enhance the gameplay not just xp and cash.

Hope that helps Tim please feel free to pm me with any questions. Good luck with it.

Reactions: VolvoMad

Advertisement

Razor

Ex-staff
Jul 30, 2014
Minnesota
I never really used to mind Adfly, but since the release of ETS2 and since the community started to pick up steam, I can't stand it. Every mod site is full of the junk, and not even Adblock can fully block it.

I think adfly is a major waste of five seconds. Sure, I guess if the content on the other side is 100% original, then maybe I'd feel better. On to my point—Google an adfly bypasser. I use one on occasion and it generates the link that adfly directs you to so you can skip it altogether.

Users who are viewing this thread