Maps Smarden (Fictional) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
VERY CHALLENGING MAP

Based of my past experiences of buses in the UK I have decided to take some of the rather harder parts with a bit of every day badly parked cars and mountains into the mix.

You'll need the Dennis Dart MPD or you won't be able to drive some routes, the E200 can just about make it but the mirror sticks out way to far to do it easily.

So far I have created a place called Smarden with a narrow estate and tight bends in the main village. A school I also located here which can make any school trip interesting.
Smarden Estate.PNG

Next you're into the mountains which consist of steep roads so make sure you bring a powerful bus, the suggested buses do work.
mountians 1.PNG

On the other side of the mountain top village more steep descents on the way down with lots of tight bends.
mountians 2.PNG

You then end up in Sturry which has a station and church.
sturry.PNG

If you continue along the min round you'll take a sharp left and end up in the quaint village in the countryside.
Quaint Village.PNG

As you head out of the rather, tree'ey?? area you end up in some basic plains of farmland and some how a small settlement has grown upon the land.
Burmarsh.PNG

Finally you come to the end where I am still currently working on Rye.
Rye.PNG

My map has a lot of diversity from one side of the map to the other so don't expect consistency in quality either bus did this project because I wanted a challenge and thought I might as well share it with the community.

Attachments

• Smarden School.PNG
    Smarden School.PNG
    3.5 MB · Views: 122

Advertisement

MylesW

i make things sometimes
Dec 29, 2016
Holy [banned word] this map is looking absolutely stunning! I can’t wait for this and I’m probably speaking on behalf of a lot of people when I say that! Keep it up and I can’t wait to hear more updates on this project!

The Mapper

Making irl bus maps
Dec 21, 2017
Kent
I may have ran into an issue with copying the Canterbury map over.
Somehow i have ended up with files on top of each other.
1563630786248.png

It seems as if some of the tiles have shifted by a few hundred meters because I've got the tile but its has crossed over partly to the next tile.

1563630872248.png

Please can someone explain where I might have gone wrong!!

I do have backups. FYI

The Mapper

Making irl bus maps
Dec 21, 2017
Kent
Can I just say the update for the E200 Enhancement is so good, it fits the map so well, love that engine!!

I have improved some of the hedges and added extra road markings:
hedge.PNG

Made so no cars would be in the way of a turning spot:
turn.PNG

And a extra terminus in Rye to help with future routes:
premiere inn.PNG

I'm going on holiday so progress will be on halt but I'm loving project so much, and thanks for all your support!

georgeloxton02

MendipXplorer veg
Apr 20, 2018
Somerset
Can I just say the update for the E200 Enhancement is so good, it fits the map so well, love that engine!!

View attachment 48802

View attachment 48804

View attachment 48803

I'm going on holiday so progress will be on halt but I'm loving project so much, and thanks for all your support!
This is looking stunning as always! I cant wait for release :)

Reactions: The Mapper

BigOmsiFan

The Real Guy, The Best Guy, Known as ButteredToast
Mar 19, 2016
Blackpool

View attachment 48802
Your map is looking pretty nice, although it pains me to see the placement of the trees/bushes like this, they really need to be placed manually so they are at different degrees of rotation, giving it a much more realistic look. It takes time, but thats expected from map building, hope this helps, apart from that, good job.

Advertisement

The Mapper

Making irl bus maps
Dec 21, 2017
Kent
Your map is looking pretty nice, although it pains me to see the placement of the trees/bushes like this, they really need to be placed manually so they are at different degrees of rotation, giving it a much more realistic look. It takes time, but thats expected from map building, hope this helps, apart from that, good job.

I'll try adding extra things here and there to break it up, bit of both.

Reactions: BigOmsiFan

CrazyShark Gaming

A SHARK-ing person
Jul 31, 2016
Grays, Essex, UK

View attachment 48802

View attachment 48804

View attachment 48803

Jesus that road in the first pic looks tight, but excellent work anyway

LeylandNationalStagecoach

Developer
Outreach
Jun 28, 2018
Fayton Heath, Caldshire

View attachment 48802

View attachment 48804

View attachment 48803

I love it, I especially love the really tight forest road, but I'd suggest you maybe add a little more variation to it, you can see the bush pattern repeating itself a lot. ;)
But other than that, yes! I love it! Great job! Really looking forward to the release! :D

Advertisement

Mendip_Bus

Badabing Badaboom
Apr 5, 2018
Bristol
Pronouns
He/Him
Reactions: georgeloxton02

The Mapper

Making irl bus maps
Dec 21, 2017
Kent
The MAN A21 isn't going to operate on this map but it got stuck, and that's why!

mighty tight.png

The buses for this map will be the Alexander E200 with enhancement pack and maybe the London Citybus.

great veiws.PNG

The other route down to Smarden is pretty much done and the river is a great feature, there's an little one way bit, 'cause why not, and is where the A21 got stuck.

LeylandNationalStagecoach

Developer
Outreach
Jun 28, 2018
Fayton Heath, Caldshire
I can't copy over the Canterbury files and has made me loose all motivation to do much at the moment, so don't expect much for a while.
That's sad to hear. :(
Do want to say that the river in your previous post looks absolutely wonderful, and the shrubbery on the sides is a really nice touch as well.
I'd also like to suggest something: I'd generally lower the stone walls, as I think it'd be nicer when you drive from the cockpit view so you can actually see over the top of the wall too, especially on bridges and on the mountain roads.
All the best and thank you for your effort in getting this far with the map. :)

Advertisement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread