Maps Smarden (Fictional) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
VERY CHALLENGING MAP

Based of my past experiences of buses in the UK I have decided to take some of the rather harder parts with a bit of every day badly parked cars and mountains into the mix.

You'll need the Dennis Dart MPD or you won't be able to drive some routes, the E200 can just about make it but the mirror sticks out way to far to do it easily.

So far I have created a place called Smarden with a narrow estate and tight bends in the main village. A school I also located here which can make any school trip interesting.
Smarden Estate.PNG

Next you're into the mountains which consist of steep roads so make sure you bring a powerful bus, the suggested buses do work.
mountians 1.PNG

On the other side of the mountain top village more steep descents on the way down with lots of tight bends.
mountians 2.PNG

You then end up in Sturry which has a station and church.
sturry.PNG

If you continue along the min round you'll take a sharp left and end up in the quaint village in the countryside.
Quaint Village.PNG

As you head out of the rather, tree'ey?? area you end up in some basic plains of farmland and some how a small settlement has grown upon the land.
Burmarsh.PNG

Finally you come to the end where I am still currently working on Rye.
Rye.PNG

My map has a lot of diversity from one side of the map to the other so don't expect consistency in quality either bus did this project because I wanted a challenge and thought I might as well share it with the community.

Attachments

• Smarden School.PNG
    Smarden School.PNG
    3.5 MB · Views: 122

Advertisement

Advertisement

The Mapper

Making irl bus maps
Dec 21, 2017
Kent
A look of work needs still need to be done on the mountains to make the road more detailed and a big landmark.
Bridge start.PNG

As well as the obvious bridge, that I have to say turned out better than I expected, I also added the side markings to the roads which makes the roads look much better, a very tedious task though.
bridge finish.PNG

The mountains are finally pretty much done and can focus on other parts of the map to look just as good.

Albastru

Somebody stole my fantasy
Forum Moderator
Feb 11, 2018
Brighton & Hove, East Sussex, England
Pronouns
They/Them
A look of work needs still need to be done on the mountains to make the road more detailed and a big landmark.View attachment 45802

As well as the obvious bridge, that I have to say turned out better than I expected, I also added the side markings to the roads which makes the roads look much better, a very tedious task though.
View attachment 45801
The mountains are finally pretty much done and can focus on other parts of the map to look just as good.
Looks fabulous! Well done!
:D

georgeloxton02

MendipXplorer veg
Apr 20, 2018
Somerset
A look of work needs still need to be done on the mountains to make the road more detailed and a big landmark.View attachment 45802

View attachment 45801
That looks amazing!

LeylandNationalStagecoach

Developer
Outreach
Jun 28, 2018
Fayton Heath, Caldshire
View attachment 45655
Improved Sturry a bit by adding a different junction and road markings.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View attachment 45801
Looks absolutely smashing, loving those windy mountain roads. ????
Keep up the amazing work, can't wait trying to get a StreetDeck and/or StreetLite up those mountains! :D

Tom9962

Morden Man
Outreach
Jun 3, 2017
London, UK, Earth, Milky Way, Universe

View attachment 45801
Not bad, Quite unique for a British map, nice job

The Mapper

Making irl bus maps
Dec 21, 2017
Kent
UPDATE

I finally got a look that I like for the map and so I have gone back through what I have made and implemented the style, and it looks amazing.
Almost been through all of what I've done but more still needs to be done to whats been done so far, after that has been done I can again start the progress on drive-able content.
I have also decided to upgrade the map so the London Citybus 400 can be driven around all of it because its more challenging but a better bus than the one I originally chose.
Another town has been built but this time on the side of a mountain and it certainly takes some skill to get to the bus terminus point.

Advertisement

georgeloxton02

MendipXplorer veg
Apr 20, 2018
Somerset
UPDATE

I finally got a look that I like for the map and so I have gone back through what I have made and implemented the style, and it looks amazing.
Almost been through all of what I've done but more still needs to be done to whats been done so far, after that has been done I can again start the progress on drive-able content.
I have also decided to upgrade the map so the London Citybus 400 can be driven around all of it because its more challenging but a better bus than the one I originally chose.
Another town has been built but this time on the side of a mountain and it certainly takes some skill to get to the bus terminus point.
It sounds amazing! Well done!

The Mapper

Making irl bus maps
Dec 21, 2017
Kent
The town of Rye is almost complete because I put it off for a while as it was getting boring but a sudden flood of inspiration has allowed to make good progress so its now done.

Rye McD.PNG

Rye market.PNG

I have a plan to link it into my Canterbury realistic project which I quickly gave up on but has the basis for a city and has a complete bus station start of a ring road. That should enable for some more good progress.

Canterbury Bus Station.PNG

More Canterbury.PNG

georgeloxton02

MendipXplorer veg
Apr 20, 2018
Somerset
The town of Rye is almost complete because I put it off for a while as it was getting boring but a sudden flood of inspiration has allowed to make good progress so its now done.

View attachment 47123

View attachment 47126

I have a plan to link it into my Canterbury realistic project which I quickly gave up on but has the basis for a city and has a complete bus station start of a ring road. That should enable for some more good progress.

View attachment 47124

View attachment 47125
That's stunning , well done! I wish you the best of luck with the project!

The Mapper

Making irl bus maps
Dec 21, 2017
Kent
To be honest I'm getting a bit burnt out so little progress has been made but a new village has popped up along a new section of road. I plan to create a long bit of nice country side road to bring the map into Canterbury where there will be some estate to drive through to interest things a bit more.

Advertisement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread