Maps Smarden (Fictional) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
VERY CHALLENGING MAP

Based of my past experiences of buses in the UK I have decided to take some of the rather harder parts with a bit of every day badly parked cars and mountains into the mix.

You'll need the Dennis Dart MPD or you won't be able to drive some routes, the E200 can just about make it but the mirror sticks out way to far to do it easily.

So far I have created a place called Smarden with a narrow estate and tight bends in the main village. A school I also located here which can make any school trip interesting.
Smarden Estate.PNG

Next you're into the mountains which consist of steep roads so make sure you bring a powerful bus, the suggested buses do work.
mountians 1.PNG

On the other side of the mountain top village more steep descents on the way down with lots of tight bends.
mountians 2.PNG

You then end up in Sturry which has a station and church.
sturry.PNG

If you continue along the min round you'll take a sharp left and end up in the quaint village in the countryside.
Quaint Village.PNG

As you head out of the rather, tree'ey?? area you end up in some basic plains of farmland and some how a small settlement has grown upon the land.
Burmarsh.PNG

Finally you come to the end where I am still currently working on Rye.
Rye.PNG

My map has a lot of diversity from one side of the map to the other so don't expect consistency in quality either bus did this project because I wanted a challenge and thought I might as well share it with the community.

Attachments

• Smarden School.PNG
    Smarden School.PNG
    3.5 MB · Views: 122

Advertisement

P674 MLE

P674 MLE and P675 MLE are now in Preservation ! !
Apr 6, 2018
www.flickr.com
VERY CHALLENGING MAP

Based of my past experiences of buses in the UK I have decided to take some of the rather harder parts with a bit of every day badly parked cars and mountains into the mix.

You'll need the Dennis Dart MPD or you won't be able to drive some routes, the E200 can just about make it but the mirror sticks out way to far to do it easily.

So far I have created a place called Smarden with a narrow estate and tight bends in the main village. A school I also located here which can make any school trip interesting.View attachment 44451

Next you're into the mountains which consist of steep roads so make sure you bring a powerful bus, the suggested buses do work.
View attachment 44446

On the other side of the mountain top village more steep descents on the way down with lots of tight bends.
View attachment 44447

You then end up in Sturry which has a station and church.
View attachment 44453

If you continue along the min round you'll take a sharp left and end up in the quaint village in the countryside.
View attachment 44448

As you head out of the rather, tree'ey?? area you end up in some basic plains of farmland and some how a small settlement has grown upon the land.View attachment 44445

Finally you come to the end where I am still currently working on Rye.View attachment 44450

My map has a lot of diversity from one side of the map to the other so don't expect consistency in quality either bus did this project because I wanted a challenge and thought I might as well share it with the community.
What A beautiful map especially the mountains cant wait to drive it ! :)

BlueOrange

Founder of Masterswitch Studios
Masterswitch Studios
Mar 22, 2016
masterswitch-studios.com
Looks promising, though there are a few things which need pointing out:
  • The cars have no shadow (they'll need to be raised a little)
  • In the 2nd to last screenshot, there seems to be a lot of 90 degree turns with straight roads. This is rather boring, not just to me but to a lot of people, so maybe mess around with making it more curvy, and possibly add potholes/tarmac repairs to it
  • Some of the mountain roads, at least in real life, would be slanted, and not properly upright, so make use of the canting option for the splines. It will vastly improve driving and such.
  • Make use of Flora 3! Its a fantastic pack of different flora & forna that you could absolutely litter the map with. Also adding trees to the back of houses/villiages will improve the environment as well.
All in all, really liking this currently, learning how to make custom junctions will help put your map in front of others, especially with roads like this. Great job!

The Mapper

Making irl bus maps
Dec 21, 2017
Kent
Looks great. I'm not sure about the MPD though as that is quite a low quality bus as it is a convert from MM2, and I'm not sure if it's still available. Map itself is great though!
I if you have the MPD then great but the E200 will work because I'm going to change a few things to make it easier to the get the mirror around some buildings.

Advertisement

The Mapper

Making irl bus maps
Dec 21, 2017
Kent
Looks promising, though there are a few things which need pointing out:
  • The cars have no shadow (they'll need to be raised a little)
  • In the 2nd to last screenshot, there seems to be a lot of 90 degree turns with straight roads. This is rather boring, not just to me but to a lot of people, so maybe mess around with making it more curvy, and possibly add potholes/tarmac repairs to it
  • Some of the mountain roads, at least in real life, would be slanted, and not properly upright, so make use of the canting option for the splines. It will vastly improve driving and such.
  • Make use of Flora 3! Its a fantastic pack of different flora & forna that you could absolutely litter the map with. Also adding trees to the back of houses/villiages will improve the environment as well.
All in all, really liking this currently, learning how to make custom junctions will help put your map in front of others, especially with roads like this. Great job!

Thanks for feedback!

A lot of cars do appear to have flat tyres which is need to change. The bends in the flat land is intentional and have seen that in real life (look up Burmarsh near Folkestone). If it's your Rye your talking about then yes it's pretty boring but not enough different junctions out there that I can find. I'll try the slanting because that does sound good and I'll look at using different trees and bushes instead of generic stuff.

I love that your having a school route theres not many maps with this in besides bowdenham so im happy that your doing one i cant wait to drive a school service the map looks great btw keep up the good work cant wait for release!

The Mapper

Making irl bus maps
Dec 21, 2017
Kent
Looks VERY promising so far, can’t wait to see more updates & like BOG said try to make the roads more curvy than 90 degrees
As I have already said the 90 degree turns are intentional to reflect a real life scenario and so it would be boring for real drivers.

Real life:
real bends.PNG

Smarden:
fake bends.PNG

Not one for one but very much based on that.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread