Maps Smarden (Fictional) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
VERY CHALLENGING MAP

Based of my past experiences of buses in the UK I have decided to take some of the rather harder parts with a bit of every day badly parked cars and mountains into the mix.

You'll need the Dennis Dart MPD or you won't be able to drive some routes, the E200 can just about make it but the mirror sticks out way to far to do it easily.

So far I have created a place called Smarden with a narrow estate and tight bends in the main village. A school I also located here which can make any school trip interesting.
Smarden Estate.PNG

Next you're into the mountains which consist of steep roads so make sure you bring a powerful bus, the suggested buses do work.
mountians 1.PNG

On the other side of the mountain top village more steep descents on the way down with lots of tight bends.
mountians 2.PNG

You then end up in Sturry which has a station and church.
sturry.PNG

If you continue along the min round you'll take a sharp left and end up in the quaint village in the countryside.
Quaint Village.PNG

As you head out of the rather, tree'ey?? area you end up in some basic plains of farmland and some how a small settlement has grown upon the land.
Burmarsh.PNG

Finally you come to the end where I am still currently working on Rye.
Rye.PNG

My map has a lot of diversity from one side of the map to the other so don't expect consistency in quality either bus did this project because I wanted a challenge and thought I might as well share it with the community.

Attachments

• Smarden School.PNG
    Smarden School.PNG
    3.5 MB · Views: 122

Advertisement

The Mapper

Making irl bus maps
Dec 21, 2017
Kent
I could never give up, could I?!
I've been making some more progress in the background and I have finally decided the routes.
43 Infrequent 43Main route between the city and a small town via Smarden and the mountains + 43A hourly from city to Smarden + 43B
44 school variation to a different town
543 Thursday shopper bus following the 44 but with an extra stop
544 Tuesday shopper from the two other towns serving extra places to the 43
Map done in paint, bu you get the picture:
smarden fict map.png

I am going through the map and adding more variation in the trees and adding more trees.
Ah.PNG

I have also created another tight village in a valley as a spur on the school route and Thursday shopper bus.
bendy.PNG

thats tight.PNG

Attachments

• bendy.PNG
    bendy.PNG
    5.2 MB · Views: 10
  • Love
Reactions: Matfiej

LeylandNationalStagecoach

Developer
Outreach
Jun 28, 2018
Fayton Heath, Caldshire
How do you download the Dennis Dart MPD?
You may download it here. :)

I could never give up, could I?!
I've been making some more progress in the background and I have finally decided the routes.
43 Infrequent 43Main route between the city and a small town via Smarden and the mountains + 43A hourly from city to Smarden + 43B
44 school variation to a different town
543 Thursday shopper bus following the 44 but with an extra stop
544 Tuesday shopper from the two other towns serving extra places to the 43
Map done in paint, bu you get the picture:
View attachment 55487
I am going through the map and adding more variation in the trees and adding more trees.
View attachment 55481
I have also created another tight village in a valley as a spur on the school route and Thursday shopper bus.
View attachment 55485
View attachment 55483
Absolutely love it!!! ????
Stagecoach Gold - Mountain Edition, lol! ????

The Mapper

Making irl bus maps
Dec 21, 2017
Kent
There's a start on another town which will be the last one before the city and another route will take some estates through its route, but that car needs to be moved
bad car.PNG some house some tree.PNG

Lockerley is now complete and you really don't want to meet a car there. Only served once a day!
lockerley.PNG
noooooo.PNG

Caldbeck is now fully done and is also narrow but a very nice drive down the valley. Served school days and once a day!
epic.PNG

Attachments

• noooooo.PNG
    noooooo.PNG
    4.9 MB · Views: 61
Oct 20, 2018
There's a start on another town which will be the last one before the city and another route will take some estates through its route, but that car needs to be moved
View attachment 57336 View attachment 57341

Lockerley is now complete and you really don't want to meet a car there. Only served once a day!
View attachment 57338View attachment 57340

Caldbeck is now fully done and is also narrow but a very nice drive down the valley. Served school days and once a day!
View attachment 57337
I've had a good look at the progress, and so far I am impressed. Can't wait to drive on it.

LeylandNationalStagecoach

Developer
Outreach
Jun 28, 2018
Fayton Heath, Caldshire

View attachment 57337
Absolutely amazing, Dawson! :D
I really love these tight corners! A proper MPD (Plaxton Pointer 2 or ALX200) would be great for this!
Only suggestion I can give is that the forest next to the road does look pretty repetitive, I'd move some a bit around or maybe add some different trees into the mix, for example the purple-coloured Plum tree included in one of the UKDT Flora packs (3 I think).
But apart from that, it's pure eye candy!! :D Thank you for this update, I'm very much looking forward to this! :)

The Mapper

Making irl bus maps
Dec 21, 2017
Kent
Absolutely amazing, Dawson! :D
I really love these tight corners! A proper MPD (Plaxton Pointer 2 or ALX200) would be great for this!
Only suggestion I can give is that the forest next to the road does look pretty repetitive, I'd move some a bit around or maybe add some different trees into the mix, for example the purple-coloured Plum tree included in one of the UKDT Flora packs (3 I think).
But apart from that, it's pure eye candy!! :D Thank you for this update, I'm very much looking forward to this! :)
Thank you, and yes I do need to improve the bushes but that will take time and I will probably do one last sweep of the trees and bushes for the map once all roads and buildings are layed out.

Advertisement

Rhys stirling

Developer of Stowten
May 4, 2016
Wigan

View attachment 57337
WOW is all I can say, I’d actually forgot this map exists cause I’ve not heard anything for that long but I’ve just looked through the entire thread and the very first post has brought back the memories. Just can’t wait for this map, proper British with the bus companies sending buses around the tightest routes possible. This definitely will add up the hour of playtime on my OMSI, can’t wait, may I suggest though, try the 8.9m E200MMC as see how that feels for the map, would suggest the 8.9m streetlite, but looking at some of them hills, scrap that idea, will definitely be showing this off on my channel when it’s out, can’t wait

WOW is all I can say, I’d actually forgot this map exists cause I’ve not heard anything for that long but I’ve just looked through the entire thread and the very first post has brought back the memories. Just can’t wait for this map, proper British with the bus companies sending buses around the tightest routes possible. This definitely will add up the hour of playtime on my OMSI, can’t wait, may I suggest though, try the 8.9m E200MMC as see how that feels for the map, would suggest the 8.9m streetlite, but looking at some of them hills, scrap that idea, will definitely be showing this off on my channel when it’s out, can’t wait

Rhys Stirling I've tried the E200MMC on hills such as on the Minas Vale Urbano map, it just cannot do them. The Streetlite is actually better at the hills.

Rhys stirling

Developer of Stowten
May 4, 2016
Wigan
There isn't one... the shortest Masterlite available is the 9.6m one. :)
Oh yes, the 8.9m is the wheel forward one I believe
Rhys Stirling I've tried the E200MMC on hills such as on the Minas Vale Urbano map, it just cannot do them. The Streetlite is actually better at the hills.
Wow that is surprising, either the E200MMC is massively underpowered in game of the street lite is overpowered

Advertisement

Oh yes, the 8.9m is the wheel forward one I believe

Wow that is surprising, either the E200MMC is massively underpowered in game of the street lite is overpowered

Well the Streetlite is overpowered by the E200MMC is also a little overpowered. They are more or less the same bus. I think the E200MMC weighs more. And anyway, in the game the Streetlite has more power because the E200 will accelerate faster but the Streetlite seems to have more torque

Advertisement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread