Maps Smarden (Fictional) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
VERY CHALLENGING MAP

Based of my past experiences of buses in the UK I have decided to take some of the rather harder parts with a bit of every day badly parked cars and mountains into the mix.

You'll need the Dennis Dart MPD or you won't be able to drive some routes, the E200 can just about make it but the mirror sticks out way to far to do it easily.

So far I have created a place called Smarden with a narrow estate and tight bends in the main village. A school I also located here which can make any school trip interesting.
Smarden Estate.PNG

Next you're into the mountains which consist of steep roads so make sure you bring a powerful bus, the suggested buses do work.
mountians 1.PNG

On the other side of the mountain top village more steep descents on the way down with lots of tight bends.
mountians 2.PNG

You then end up in Sturry which has a station and church.
sturry.PNG

If you continue along the min round you'll take a sharp left and end up in the quaint village in the countryside.
Quaint Village.PNG

As you head out of the rather, tree'ey?? area you end up in some basic plains of farmland and some how a small settlement has grown upon the land.
Burmarsh.PNG

Finally you come to the end where I am still currently working on Rye.
Rye.PNG

My map has a lot of diversity from one side of the map to the other so don't expect consistency in quality either bus did this project because I wanted a challenge and thought I might as well share it with the community.

Attachments

• Smarden School.PNG
    Smarden School.PNG
    3.5 MB · Views: 122

Advertisement

Rhys stirling

Developer of Stowten
May 4, 2016
Wigan
How on earth do Solos climb that 25% gradient, when in my area they can hardly move going downhill, nevermind up it.
The Stagecoach Lakes Optare Solos are rapid, lovely buses
It's not just putting you to a challenge but also the bus. The steepest hill on the Smarden map is about 20% and is the reason I'm using the E200MMC as the Studio Polygon Lite can't make it up the mountain.

As always I got inspiration from places I've been on buses:
View attachment 66805
This 25% valley is climbed by Optare Solo's every 2 hour's between April and October on the stunning route 77/77A from Keswick over the Honister Pass.

View attachment 66806
I have been wanting a lakes themed map for a while and I know that this is only loosely based off the lakes it’ll be fantastic when finished, looking forward to completion and you’ll be able to test V3Ds solo on the pass. I do think though you should give it a name like Tyson Pass or something aggressive, the lakes has a lot of these like Honoster as mentioned above and Kirkstone Pass, just two examples but there are many more. Good luck with the project, definitely one I have my eye on

The Mapper

Making irl bus maps
Dec 21, 2017
Kent
The timetables have been implemented with changes here and there which means the AI can drive around the map. The AI doesn't drive well at all in the narrow streets or tight junctions and racks up a hefty insurance claim as it goes along so I wouldn't recommend taking tips from it.

Next is some other services that only the AI will drive and I will be testing and fixing passenger numbers.

ai can drive.JPG

This is only place where I did the AI properly because it is one of the first tiles but else where I couldn't be bothered and didn't think it was that necessary since it'd be unlikely for the player to see it anyway.

2 in 1.JPG

Sturry know has a villager commuter service connecting from trains at Sturry staion in the morning and evening, at the same time there was a 349 in the other direction to Wantsum.
This is based of services I know that connect to stations for mainline connections into big cities and only operate Monday to Friday with one or two services in the morning and evening.

Aah, what a lovely mess:
orderly mess.JPG

messy mess.JPG

The timetables have been implemented with changes here and there which means the AI can drive around the map. The AI doesn't drive well at all in the narrow streets or tight junctions and racks up a hefty insurance claim as it goes along so I wouldn't recommend taking tips from it.

Next is some other services that only the AI will drive and I will be testing and fixing passenger numbers.

View attachment 67737
This is only place where I did the AI properly because it is one of the first tiles but else where I couldn't be bothered and didn't think it was that necessary since it'd be unlikely for the player to see it anyway.

View attachment 67735
Sturry know has a villager commuter service connecting from trains at Sturry staion in the morning and evening, at the same time there was a 349 in the other direction to Wantsum.
This is based of services I know that connect to stations for mainline connections into big cities and only operate Monday to Friday with one or two services in the morning and evening.

Aah, what a lovely mess:
View attachment 67736
View attachment 67734

Wow, Speldhurst on the display, that is quite some distance from Smarden

Advertisement

The Mapper

Making irl bus maps
Dec 21, 2017
Kent
Mmm I definitely "Wantsum" of this, I can't wait to see more updates, as this map looks incredible! It certainly looks like it could be rather interesting in some longer wheelbase buses as well ????
Thanks!:)
Quality pun, ha ha. ????
Long wheel base are seriously a no go on this map and you will quickly get stuck but will be interesting to see how far you can actually get.

Reactions: Mendip_Bus

leodc77

My PC Is Slower Than Brixton Rush Hour Traffic
Feb 10, 2020
Dagenham, London
Thanks!:)
Quality pun, ha ha. ????
Long wheel base are seriously a no go on this map and you will quickly get stuck but will be interesting to see how far you can actually get.
bruh imagine driving the 0530G on this map haha

I think I will turn collisions on for this map for extra quality of a challenge :cool::kappaross:

Advertisement

Advertisement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread