Maps Smarden (Fictional) (1 Viewer)

Apr 24, 2018
Dawsonbanter submitted a new download:

Smarden (Fictional) - A challenging UK map

Read more about this download...
I dont know if its just me, but when I click download, it says open the file, but it also it says, how do you want to open the .com/nbsp file?
Dawsonbanter submitted a new download:

Smarden (Fictional) - A challenging UK map

Read more about this download...
I dont kmow if its just me, but when I click download, it says, how tdo you want to open this .com/nbsp file? Any help please, or am I doing something wrong?
See screenshot
Screenshot (21).png

Advertisement

The Mapper

Making irl bus maps
Dec 21, 2017
Kent
I dont know if its just me, but when I click download, it says open the file, but it also it says, how do you want to open the .com/nbsp file?

I dont kmow if its just me, but when I click download, it says, how tdo you want to open this .com/nbsp file? Any help please, or am I doing something wrong?
See screenshotView attachment 69116
Don't open the file but right click on it on your downloads folder and press extract.

ARTY 1

Premium Subscriber
Oct 19, 2016
Wormelow, Hereford, Herefordshire.
This map seems to be causing a selection of problems for some users & others seem to get it to run OK. At the moment I am one of the group
with problems I have now downloaded all 3 versions of the map & redownloaded all the dependencies & still I cannot get it run, even with "no buses".
I have used both Maptools & Blue sky to check the route both indicating quite a few missing Objects & Splines, mostly from Yorkshire. This is very peculiar
because the Yorkshire map runs fine! I then looked at the indicated paths for both the missing Objects & Splines for this map & noticed they all contained an extra word in the path namely /Yorkshire/ which is why they cannot be found on my installation. However this does not explain how some users can get this map to work OK, ????

The Mapper

Making irl bus maps
Dec 21, 2017
Kent
This map seems to be causing a selection of problems for some users & others seem to get it to run OK. At the moment I am one of the group
with problems I have now downloaded all 3 versions of the map & redownloaded all the dependencies & still I cannot get it run, even with "no buses".
I have used both Maptools & Blue sky to check the route both indicating quite a few missing Objects & Splines, mostly from Yorkshire. This is very peculiar
because the Yorkshire map runs fine! I then looked at the indicated paths for both the missing Objects & Splines for this map & noticed they all contained an extra word in the path namely /Yorkshire/ which is why they cannot be found on my installation. However this does not explain how some users can get this map to work OK, ????
If you send me your log file I'm willing to try and help.

North London Buses

Bus Enthusiast based in North London.
Nov 5, 2016
What Objects and splines are missing? Cause they seem to work perfectly fine for me or maybe its the file name

The Mapper

Making irl bus maps
Dec 21, 2017
Kent
In response to you chaps here is my logfile & also screen grabs of the Blue Sky results for Smarden & Yorkshire maps.
Looking at these the problem appears to be the inclusion of \Yorkshire\ in the file path, if this can be edited out the route map should then work.View attachment 69198View attachment 69199View attachment 69200View attachment 69201
I think you have an older version of Yorkshire as a lot of your file paths are different to the current Yorkshire, I'd recommend re-downloading Yorkshire for the current version and should fix your problems.

Advertisement

ARTY 1

Premium Subscriber
Oct 19, 2016
Wormelow, Hereford, Herefordshire.
I think you have an older version of Yorkshire as a lot of your file paths are different to the current Yorkshire, I'd recommend re-downloading Yorkshire for the current version and should fix your problems.

Thank you for the info, I decided to download all of the latest versions of all the dependencies, then reinstalled the route, it had NO missing items loaded first time fully functional. Fantastic map I enjoyed driving an Optare Spectra through the arch!

So my recommendation to anyone still having problems running this map UPDATE ALL THE DEPENDENCIES!

Hi Lnd1808
are you by any chance using the latest version of Microsoft Edge as I recently updated & noticed a change from the old download task bar to the version shown on my screen grabs, to get it to show files in your download folder you have to click on 3 dots for a pop up menu & click on Show in Folder.

Download 1.png Download 2.png

Last edited:
Reactions: The Mapper
Hi, I'm running Smarden on the Holiday timetable, it seems there is a timetable conflict, I am on Duty 1, and I'm being followed by what I can only assume is Duty 3, My only question is, Why?

Here's a screenshot of the timetable issue

Also, you may want to switch the stands around at the Bus Station, because more often than not I have to reverse out of the way of the 304 as he is stuck behind me until I depart

Apart from that, it's a fantastic map, Certainly adds variety to the maps choices we have!

iiBus

Edinburgh bus enthusiast & Downloads moderator
Downloads Moderator
Outreach
Mar 8, 2020
Scotland, United Kingdom
Pronouns
He/Him
Hi, I'm running Smarden on the Holiday timetable, it seems there is a timetable conflict, I am on Duty 1, and I'm being followed by what I can only assume is Duty 3, My only question is, Why?

Also, you may want to switch the stands around at the Bus Station, because more often than not I have to reverse out of the way of the 304 as he is stuck behind me until I depart

Apart from that, it's a fantastic map, Certainly adds variety to the maps choices we have!
previous bus could be delayed maybe from your parking, etc

Nope, the bus isn't delayed, sometimes the inbound working of the 347/349 arrives before the 304 arrives and departs, plus there's no layover space so I just looped the Bus Station.

As for the duties coming together, I can see what has been attempted - to fill the gap between runs, but being quite honest, if you're using a Streetlite like I was then after pottering around in the hills the bus becomes a thirsty thing and needs Fuel and AdBlue!

The Mapper

Making irl bus maps
Dec 21, 2017
Kent

I found the issue, Duty 4 was also running at the exact same time. Duty 4 should have finished an hour earlier.
Also I think I found another issue where Duty 4 is duplicated on Saturdays during the holidays and runs on Sundays which is not correct at all.

Advertisement

Advertisement

This thread is more than 58 days old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

Users who are viewing this thread