Maps Silver Cross (1 Viewer)

Welcome to Silver Cross!

Silver Cross is a little fictional town in Essex that is trying to recover from years of lack of investment. The map is completely fictional but may include some ideas from real places in the future. The town it self is very small but used to be much larger. House and buildings have been abandoned due to the lack of investment over the years. However the council is starting to turn things around but maybe not for long!

For V1 there is only going to be one route to driver and that is route 80 which Starts off at Silver Cross high street and heads through the residential area and out into the country side to a village called Newton Marsh the village has small population but alot use the bus. So the frequency of this route is around every 30 mins!
Routes
80 Silver Cross - Newton Marsh via Maldom Village Hall.(route length about 25-30 mins)

As i developed the map more route will get added. I'm hoping that by the end of this map there will be around 3-4 routes.
This is my first map i have ever made so please suggest anything that i can change or even learn how to better.
NOTE: what you see in these screenshots is not final and may/will be changed! e.g textures

Questions
Q: Can i be a tester?
A: No, I will choose my beta team by hand and choose people I trust.

Q: Who will the operator be?
A: At this moment in time that is still something I'm thinking about! But please suggest companies from essex ( E.g Chambers, Hedingham etc)

Q: When will this be released?
A: I have no idea and to be honest its going to be while because I'm learning as i go but I'm hoping for it not to take years. ;)

Q: Will this map be free?
A: Yes it will be free!

Now enjoy the Screenshots!
shhh 3.JPG

SIlver Cross High Street where all the main routes in the town terminate.
shhhh.JPG
Silver Cross 18.JPG

Canery Way with something to right? ????
Silver Cross 19.JPG
Silver cross 4.JPG
Silver Cross 20.JPG

Further down the road you get to the local Aldi and the start of the the residential area.
Silver Cross 21.JPG

Just outside the police station! ????
silver cross 5.JPG

Just pulling up to the Arkala avenue stop.
Silver Cross 22.JPG

Turning out of Arkala avenue onto Church road.
silver cross 6.JPG

Turning onto Morden way!
Silver Cross 23.JPG

Pulling into Morden way(Top) bus stop!
Silver Cross 16.JPG

Taking the first exit off Morden way onto Lucas Road!
Silver Cross 24.JPG

Lucas Road!
Silver Cross 25.JPG

Turning off Lucas Road on onto Middlesbrough road!
Silver Cross 26.JPG

Pulling up to Middlesbrough bus stop!

Below are going to more screenshots of the development
Silver Cross 8.JPG

Mordern Way (top) heading towards Silver Cross.
Silver cross 9.JPG
Silver cross 10.JPG
Silver cross 11.JPG

Mordern Way (Bottom)

Please remember that this is my first map and it will look very rough until i get the hang of the editor.
You may be asking how long have I been doing this map for? I started in May and have developing the map in my own time. I will only be developing the map when I feel like it so updates may be far between but they will contain a decent amount of progress!

Once again please suggest any tip or tricks or feedback on how to improve! I'm always happy to learn from people with more experience! :)
Thanks! :0

Last edited:

Advertisement

Advertisement

davidsb3

Beta tester for Arkala/ Maker of Silver Cross
Mar 19, 2016
Colchester
UPDATE 26/08/19
As I'm now back from holiday progress has been slow as there is alot going on in my personal life. However i hvae been going through the map improving some building and areas to look a bit more pleasing. So enjoy these screenshots of the new Streetdeck around Silver Cross!
Silver Cross 80.JPG
Silver Cross 81.JPG
Silver Cross 82.JPG
Silver Cross 83.JPG
SIlver Cross 84.JPG
Silver Cross 85.JPG
Silver Cross 86.JPG

davidsb3

Mar 19, 2016
Colchester
UPDATE 30/08/19
With having a few days away from SC it has given me so new inspiration and with help with my friends i have updated some areas of the map which too basic. So see below what areas have been done and where the route is off to next!

Morden Way: Originally it was just houses against the pavement here and not they have been pushed back replaced by a wall one side with the houses behind and the otherside with stairs making it muilti levelled.

Silver Cross 87.JPG

This hill is just after you exit the town and it use to be trees either side that were attached to the spline however one side has been removed to create a field
and the other is due to be remade.
Silver Cross 89.JPG

Brendon Cottages: This area has just had a minor flora update.
Silver Cross 90.JPG

A new junction before Oxham
Silver Cross 92.JPG

Oxham; The village has had muitliple upadtes with the scenery making more wider and making the the narrow road even more narrow.
Silver Cross 93.JPG
Silver Cross 94.JPG
Silver Cross 95.JPG

This is where the route is due to go past a new lake and some mountain before it start getting hilly as the route proceeds toward Maldom. As you can see its very WIP.
Silver Cross 97.JPG
Silver Cross 98.JPG

Thats it for this update i'm gonna be on and off with the project as I dont want to lose motivation for it.
So with that said I'm always open to suggestions on what i can change or add.

More regular screenshots are posted on Fulleyloves Discord which can be joined by pressing the link below
Thanks Davidsb3 :)

Attachments

• Silver Cross 88.JPG
    Silver Cross 88.JPG
    248.2 KB · Views: 15
  • Silver Cross 91.JPG
    Silver Cross 91.JPG
    347.6 KB · Views: 15
  • Silver Cross 96.JPG
    Silver Cross 96.JPG
    265.3 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:

davidsb3

Mar 19, 2016
Colchester
OPERATORS HAS BEEN DECIDED HOWEVER IS NOT FINAL. 31/08/19
I have finally made my mind up on what operators will be in the map. For the drivable route its going to be Ensign bus company based in southern Essex. And the other operator in the map will be Silver Cross Transport which the livery will be decided on a later date!
Silver Cross 100.JPG

Last edited:

davidsb3

Mar 19, 2016
Colchester
UPDATE 02/08/19Their has been quite of progress with the map lately the map has now reached Maldom one of the villages along the way! The town centre has had more scenery put into it so it now feels like a town of some sort.
Oxham:

This has a small redo by the narrow road by adding a elevated piece and a retaining wall making it feel more detailed.
Silver Cross 104.JPG

Silver Cross Town centre: The road around the town have been bare since the start but now i have had the motivation to do it and it looks and feels alot nicer then open flat fields.
Silver Cross 113.JPG
Silver Cross 114.JPG

Maldom: here is the new part of the map Maldom Village this has taken me quite a few hours to do and will require much much more to get it finished but the start i think is looking good,
Silver Cross 121.JPG

Silver Cross 120.JPG

Silver Cross 122.JPG
Silver Cross 123.JPG
Silver Cross 124.JPG
Silver Cross 125.JPG

Silver Cross 126.JPG

Hope you enjoyed all the screenshots. I'm getting for something special very soon and no its not release :P. Something else so once its nearer I'll let you know thanks Davidsb3.

Advertisement

davidsb3

Mar 19, 2016
Colchester
UPDATE 09/08019
So whats been going on?
The main thing that has happened that the map has new road textures now maing the map feels alot nicers and more professional (Thanks @Tom99962)

The map has had minor tweaks and changes like additional signage and just a general tidy up.
Overall the map at the moment is about 40% complete, however some parts of the map need updating and changing all together but that will come at a later stage

Hopefully soon more textures will be replacd and more screenshots will appear.
Thanks Davidsb3
Silver Cross 148.JPG

davidsb3

Mar 19, 2016
Colchester
UPDATE 25/09/2019
Sooooo long story short i got a full time job! So the progress on the map will slow alot but the map is still going ahead but will take alot longer.
Not much as been done to the map since the last update apart from reconstruction near the aldi shop but thats really it.
Silver Cross 151.JPG

Thanks David

UPDATE 25/09/2019
Sooooo long story short i got a full time job! So the progress on the map will slow alot but the map is still going ahead but will take alot longer.
Not much as been done to the map since the last update apart from reconstruction near the aldi shop but thats really it.
View attachment 52970
Thanks David
looks stunning and good luck with new job

Reactions: davidsb3

davidsb3

Mar 19, 2016
Colchester
UPDATE 11/10/19
So after finally getting some time and motivation on my hands i have done quite a bit of work to the town of Silver Cross. So in the last post i said i did some Reconstruction... well it was more like tearing out 2 roads and replacing it with about 6 or 7...... why do i do this ;)

Fenix Way
Silver Cross 152.JPG

This is the first new road of the reconstruction the road starts where the old one began however thats where the similarity's end . instead of it connecting up to the aldi nice and simply it take a detour and has allowed me to expand the town quite a bit as will shown in another screenshot. the road is a heavy WIP and is lacking a lot of detail it will get it when i can be bothered :P .

London Road
Silver Cross 153.JPG
Silver Cross 154.JPG

This is the new "dual carriage way" section of the map. This has been a pain to do but has been worth it but needs a lot more work to get it any where done. But atm i am quite happy with it.
20191011183147_1.jpg

This is an Ariel view of what i have got left to make the town semi decent it will take alot of work but hopefully will be worth it!

Thats it for this update but i will leave you with a extra screenshot of V3Ds mmc at Maldom.
Thanks guys Davidsb3
Silver Cross 155.JPG

davidsb3

Mar 19, 2016
Colchester
UPDATE 20/10/19
So whats been going on? Well a lot, actually. A lot of improving old areas again to make the map feel much nicer.
The map has been extended past Maldom yet but that isn't going to be for a while until everything i want to is done.

Anyway, let's get into what I have been doing.

Arkala Avenue
Silver Cross 165.JPG
Silver Cross 166.JPG
Silver Cross 167.JPG

This road has had a vast upgrade and is still not 100% done but for now I am really happy with it, to what it used to look like.
Silver Cross 168.JPG

More details have been added as well, e.g bike lanes and parking areas.

Morden Way
20191020121100_1.jpg

20191020121107_1.jpg

20191020121151_2.jpg
20191020121330_1.jpg
20191020121357_1.jpg

This road has had the most work done to it by being destroyed and re-routed. It's a very heavy WIP but I'm really liking it and it makes the areas look a lot nicer. To show you what Morden Way used to look like, I have posted a screenshot below. Hopefully you will agree the new Morden Way looks a lot nicer. :)
20191014185106_1.jpg

Well I hope you enjoyed this update and are enjoying the progress being made.
Thanks, Davidsb3

Last edited by a moderator:
UPDATE 20/10/19
So whats been going on? Well alot atually alot of improving old areas again to make the map feel alot nicer.
The map has been extened pass maldom yet but that isnt going to be for a while until everything i want to is done.

Anyway lets get into what i have been doing.

Arkala Avenue
View attachment 54569View attachment 54570View attachment 54571

This road has had a vast upgrade and is still not 100% done but fro now i am really happy with it, to what it used to look like.
View attachment 54572
More details have been added as well e.g bike lanes and parking areas.

Morden Way
View attachment 54573
View attachment 54574
View attachment 54575View attachment 54576View attachment 54577
This road has had the most work done to it by being destroyed and rerouted and its a very heavy WIP but im really liking it and make the areas alot nicer and to give you what Morden way used to look like below i will post a screenshot of what Morden Way used to look like. And hopefully you will agree the new Morden way looks alot nicer . :)View attachment 54578

Well i hope you enjoyed this update and are enjoying the progress being made.
Thanks Davidsb3
looks amazing keep up the good work

Reactions: davidsb3

Advertisement

Users who are viewing this thread