Maps Silver Cross (1 Viewer)

Welcome to Silver Cross!

Silver Cross is a little fictional town in Essex that is trying to recover from years of lack of investment. The map is completely fictional but may include some ideas from real places in the future. The town it self is very small but used to be much larger. House and buildings have been abandoned due to the lack of investment over the years. However the council is starting to turn things around but maybe not for long!

For V1 there is only going to be one route to driver and that is route 80 which Starts off at Silver Cross high street and heads through the residential area and out into the country side to a village called Newton Marsh the village has small population but alot use the bus. So the frequency of this route is around every 30 mins!
Routes
80 Silver Cross - Newton Marsh via Maldom Village Hall.(route length about 25-30 mins)

As i developed the map more route will get added. I'm hoping that by the end of this map there will be around 3-4 routes.
This is my first map i have ever made so please suggest anything that i can change or even learn how to better.
NOTE: what you see in these screenshots is not final and may/will be changed! e.g textures

Questions
Q: Can i be a tester?
A: No, I will choose my beta team by hand and choose people I trust.

Q: Who will the operator be?
A: At this moment in time that is still something I'm thinking about! But please suggest companies from essex ( E.g Chambers, Hedingham etc)

Q: When will this be released?
A: I have no idea and to be honest its going to be while because I'm learning as i go but I'm hoping for it not to take years. ;)

Q: Will this map be free?
A: Yes it will be free!

Now enjoy the Screenshots!
shhh 3.JPG

SIlver Cross High Street where all the main routes in the town terminate.
shhhh.JPG
Silver Cross 18.JPG

Canery Way with something to right? ????
Silver Cross 19.JPG
Silver cross 4.JPG
Silver Cross 20.JPG

Further down the road you get to the local Aldi and the start of the the residential area.
Silver Cross 21.JPG

Just outside the police station! ????
silver cross 5.JPG

Just pulling up to the Arkala avenue stop.
Silver Cross 22.JPG

Turning out of Arkala avenue onto Church road.
silver cross 6.JPG

Turning onto Morden way!
Silver Cross 23.JPG

Pulling into Morden way(Top) bus stop!
Silver Cross 16.JPG

Taking the first exit off Morden way onto Lucas Road!
Silver Cross 24.JPG

Lucas Road!
Silver Cross 25.JPG

Turning off Lucas Road on onto Middlesbrough road!
Silver Cross 26.JPG

Pulling up to Middlesbrough bus stop!

Below are going to more screenshots of the development
Silver Cross 8.JPG

Mordern Way (top) heading towards Silver Cross.
Silver cross 9.JPG
Silver cross 10.JPG
Silver cross 11.JPG

Mordern Way (Bottom)

Please remember that this is my first map and it will look very rough until i get the hang of the editor.
You may be asking how long have I been doing this map for? I started in May and have developing the map in my own time. I will only be developing the map when I feel like it so updates may be far between but they will contain a decent amount of progress!

Once again please suggest any tip or tricks or feedback on how to improve! I'm always happy to learn from people with more experience! :)
Thanks! :0

Last edited:

Advertisement

RS1995

Badgerline Enthusiast
Jul 24, 2018
Somerset
Pronouns
They/Them
Welcome to Silver Cross!

Silver Cross is a little fictional town in Essex that is trying to recover from years of lack of investment. The map is completely fictional but may include some ideas from real places in the future. The town it self is very small but used to be much larger. House and buildings have been abandoned due to the lack of investment over the years. However the council is starting to turn things around but maybe not for long!

For V1 there is only going to be one route to driver and that is route 80 which Starts off at Silver Cross high street and heads through the residential area and out into the country side to a village called Newton Marsh the village has small population but alot use the bus. So the frequency of this route is around every 30 mins!
Routes
80 Silver Cross - Newton Marsh via Maldom Village Hall.(route length about 25-30 mins)

As i developed the map more route will get added. I'm hoping that by the end of this map there will be around 3-4 routes.
This is my first map i have ever made so please suggest anything that i can change or even learn how to better.
NOTE: what you see in these screenshots is not final and may/will be changed! e.g textures

Questions

A: At this moment in time that is still something I'm thinking about! But please suggest companies from essex ( E.g Chambers, Hedingham etc)

A: I have no idea and to be honest its going to be while because I'm learning as i go but I'm hoping for it not to take years. ;)

Now enjoy the Screenshots!View attachment 49345
SIlver Cross High Street where all the main routes in the town terminate.View attachment 49347View attachment 49348
Canery Way with something to right? ???? View attachment 49349View attachment 49350View attachment 49351
Further down the road you get to the local Aldi and the start of the the residential area.View attachment 49352
Just outside the police station! ???? View attachment 49353
Just pulling up to the Arkala avenue stop.View attachment 49354
Turning out of Arkala avenue onto Church road.View attachment 49355
Turning onto Morden way!View attachment 49356
Pulling into Morden way(Top) bus stop!View attachment 49357
Taking the first exit off Morden way onto Lucas Road!View attachment 49358
Lucas Road!
View attachment 49359
Turning off Lucas Road on onto Middlesbrough road!View attachment 49360

Below are going to more screenshots of the developmentView attachment 49361
View attachment 49362View attachment 49363View attachment 49364
Mordern Way (Bottom)

Please remember that this is my first map and it will look very rough until i get the hang of the editor.
You may be asking how long have I been doing this map for? I started in May and have developing the map in my own time. I will only be developing the map when I feel like it so updates may be far between but they will contain a decent amount of progress!

Once again please suggest any tip or tricks or feedback on how to improve! I'm always happy to learn from people with more experience! :)

This looks absolutely fantastic, amazing progress. Good Luck!

Reactions: davidsb3

Advertisement

lowe200012

Ballroom Dancer
Mar 5, 2017
Map is looking good. For Essex based operators there are Stephensons that are based in Rochford and Regal, I'm not sure where regal are based though. there are also the larger operators such as first and arriva. there may be others but you would have to look into that.

davidsb3

Beta tester for Arkala/ Maker of Silver Cross
Mar 19, 2016
Colchester
Map is looking good. For Essex based operators there are Stephensons that are based in Rochford and Regal, I'm not sure where regal are based though. there are also the larger operators such as first and arriva. there may be others but you would have to look into that.
I was thinking on the lines of stephensons or even Regal, dosent seem to fit in the map so it could be anything at this rate.

Reactions: lowe200012

jb1234

Creator of Cornwall in OMSI2
Aug 21, 2018
UPDATE 03/08/19
Today I have sorted out the last bit of the town before the route head out into the countryside. Below is Middlebrough.
Whats your opinions? View attachment 49408

Looks like a very good start. I will look forward to seeing how this progresses.

One thing I will say, I think the building on the right, repeats a bit too much in my opinion

Reactions: jlkl

Advertisement

davidsb3

Beta tester for Arkala/ Maker of Silver Cross
Mar 19, 2016
Colchester
UPDATE 05/08/19
This is gonna be my last update for a little while as I'm going to spending a week away in Poland next week.

I have expanded out of the small town of Silver Cross and moved to the country side where the main part of the route is. I have got to a point where I'm at one of the two villages the route goes via on its way to Newton Marsh.
Silver Cross 30.JPG

This is takne just outside Silver Cross as the bus takes a left up the Hill towards Brendon Cottages!
Silver Cross 36.JPG

Silver Cross 37.JPG

Brendon Cottages with its custom bus stop!
Silver Cross 38.JPG

Silver Cross 44.JPG
Silver Cross 45.JPG

Oooooo Fields ;)
Silver Cross 46.JPG
Silver Cross 47.JPG

Oxham Village which has two stops and from here the bus will continue towards Maldom(opposite direction from the screenshots) very WIP!
Silver Cross 48.JPG

Turning out of Oxham towards Brendon Cottages
Silver Cross 49.JPG
Silver Cross 50.JPG
Silver Cross 51.JPG
Silver Cross 52.JPG

Brendon Cottages again!

Hope you guys enjoy the screenshots and the next update maybe towards the end of the month once I'm back from Poland! :)

Tom9962

Morden Man
Outreach
Jun 3, 2017
London, UK, Earth, Milky Way, Universe
Welcome to Silver Cross!

Routes

Questions

Now enjoy the Screenshots!View attachment 49345
SIlver Cross High Street where all the main routes in the town terminate.View attachment 49347View attachment 49348
Canery Way with something to right? ???? View attachment 49349View attachment 49350View attachment 49351
Further down the road you get to the local Aldi and the start of the the residential area.View attachment 49352
Just outside the police station! ???? View attachment 49353
Just pulling up to the Arkala avenue stop.View attachment 49354
Turning out of Arkala avenue onto Church road.View attachment 49355
Turning onto Morden way!View attachment 49356
Pulling into Morden way(Top) bus stop!View attachment 49357
Taking the first exit off Morden way onto Lucas Road!View attachment 49358
Lucas Road!
View attachment 49359
Turning off Lucas Road on onto Middlesbrough road!View attachment 49360

Below are going to more screenshots of the developmentView attachment 49361
View attachment 49362View attachment 49363View attachment 49364
Mordern Way (Bottom)

Ayyy love the Easter eggs, especially Morden ;)

UPDATE 05/08/19
This is gonna be my last update for a little while as I'm going to spending a week away in Poland next week.

I have expanded out of the small town of Silver Cross and moved to the country side where the main part of the route is. I have got to a point where I'm at one of the two villages the route goes via on its way to Newton Marsh.
View attachment 49496
This is takne just outside Silver Cross as the bus takes a left up the Hill towards Brendon Cottages!View attachment 49497
View attachment 49498
Brendon Cottages with its custom bus stop!View attachment 49499
View attachment 49500View attachment 49501
Oooooo Fields ;) View attachment 49502View attachment 49503
Oxham Village which has two stops and from here the bus will continue towards Maldom(opposite direction from the screenshots) very WIP!
View attachment 49504
Turning out of Oxham towards Brendon Cottages
View attachment 49505View attachment 49506View attachment 49507View attachment 49508
Brendon Cottages again!

Hope you guys enjoy the screenshots and the next update maybe towards the end of the month once I'm back from Poland! :)
Do you mind me asking where in Poland you're going?
I'm from Łódż myself and its nice to see other people going to Poland aswell :)
It is mostly full of Citaro's and Solaris though!

Advertisement

Users who are viewing this thread