Maps Silver Cross (1 Viewer)

Welcome to Silver Cross!

Silver Cross is a little fictional town in Essex that is trying to recover from years of lack of investment. The map is completely fictional but may include some ideas from real places in the future. The town it self is very small but used to be much larger. House and buildings have been abandoned due to the lack of investment over the years. However the council is starting to turn things around but maybe not for long!

For V1 there is only going to be one route to driver and that is route 80 which Starts off at Silver Cross high street and heads through the residential area and out into the country side to a village called Newton Marsh the village has small population but alot use the bus. So the frequency of this route is around every 30 mins!
Routes
80 Silver Cross - Newton Marsh via Maldom Village Hall.(route length about 25-30 mins)

As i developed the map more route will get added. I'm hoping that by the end of this map there will be around 3-4 routes.
This is my first map i have ever made so please suggest anything that i can change or even learn how to better.
NOTE: what you see in these screenshots is not final and may/will be changed! e.g textures

Questions
Q: Can i be a tester?
A: No, I will choose my beta team by hand and choose people I trust.

Q: Who will the operator be?
A: At this moment in time that is still something I'm thinking about! But please suggest companies from essex ( E.g Chambers, Hedingham etc)

Q: When will this be released?
A: I have no idea and to be honest its going to be while because I'm learning as i go but I'm hoping for it not to take years. ;)

Q: Will this map be free?
A: Yes it will be free!

Now enjoy the Screenshots!
shhh 3.JPG

SIlver Cross High Street where all the main routes in the town terminate.
shhhh.JPG
Silver Cross 18.JPG

Canery Way with something to right? ????
Silver Cross 19.JPG
Silver cross 4.JPG
Silver Cross 20.JPG

Further down the road you get to the local Aldi and the start of the the residential area.
Silver Cross 21.JPG

Just outside the police station! ????
silver cross 5.JPG

Just pulling up to the Arkala avenue stop.
Silver Cross 22.JPG

Turning out of Arkala avenue onto Church road.
silver cross 6.JPG

Turning onto Morden way!
Silver Cross 23.JPG

Pulling into Morden way(Top) bus stop!
Silver Cross 16.JPG

Taking the first exit off Morden way onto Lucas Road!
Silver Cross 24.JPG

Lucas Road!
Silver Cross 25.JPG

Turning off Lucas Road on onto Middlesbrough road!
Silver Cross 26.JPG

Pulling up to Middlesbrough bus stop!

Below are going to more screenshots of the development
Silver Cross 8.JPG

Mordern Way (top) heading towards Silver Cross.
Silver cross 9.JPG
Silver cross 10.JPG
Silver cross 11.JPG

Mordern Way (Bottom)

Please remember that this is my first map and it will look very rough until i get the hang of the editor.
You may be asking how long have I been doing this map for? I started in May and have developing the map in my own time. I will only be developing the map when I feel like it so updates may be far between but they will contain a decent amount of progress!

Once again please suggest any tip or tricks or feedback on how to improve! I'm always happy to learn from people with more experience! :)
Thanks! :0

Last edited:

whistlehead

Alias Mr Hackenbacker
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015
Hey, looks pretty nice. Couple of quick comments:

The centre hatchings on that road are backwards - the hatchings always face in the direction away from traffic, if that makes sense. I believe it's so drivers don't mistake them for road markings indicating a direction you should go in, though if you make that mistake you should really have your license taken away.

Grass areas often look a bit odd and unnatural when they have completely hard borders - it's sometimes a good idea to break up the grass areas by lowering shrubbery objects a long way into the ground so they just about protrude upwards. Just be careful not to make the spacing too regular, or it'll look odd and repetitive, which is unusual to see in nature. It works particularly well along the bottom of fences - it's always worth thinking about how things work in real life while building realistic scenery, and it's harder to trim shrubbery up against vertical edges like fences, in addition to the vertical surface encouraging their growth. I used it a lot in Farthington and the bits I worked on in BotW.

davidsb3

Beta tester for Arkala/ Maker of Silver Cross
Mar 19, 2016
Colchester
Hey, looks pretty nice. Couple of quick comments:

The centre hatchings on that road are backwards - the hatchings always face in the direction away from traffic, if that makes sense. I believe it's so drivers don't mistake them for road markings indicating a direction you should go in, though if you make that mistake you should really have your license taken away.

Grass areas often look a bit odd and unnatural when they have completely hard borders - it's sometimes a good idea to break up the grass areas by lowering shrubbery objects a long way into the ground so they just about protrude upwards. Just be careful not to make the spacing too regular, or it'll look odd and repetitive, which is unusual to see in nature. It works particularly well along the bottom of fences - it's always worth thinking about how things work in real life while building realistic scenery, and it's harder to trim shrubbery up against vertical edges like fences, in addition to the vertical surface encouraging their growth. I used it a lot in Farthington and the bits I worked on in BotW.
[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the feedback much appreciated. Since these screenshots taken i have changed the hash so they are now correct.
And the other advice i will happily take on board :)

Advertisement

davidsb3

Mar 19, 2016
Colchester
UPDATE 23/01/19
So what's going on? Now i have the motivation to do some work to the map i am now starting to detail the new parts of SC.
Apart from that not really much as a lot has happened recently with my family as my dad passed away at the beginning of the month . So updates are going to be not very frequent but the map is not cancelled it will get done but at a slow pace. Anyway enjoy these few screenshots.
SIlver Cross 173.JPG
Silver Cross 174.JPG
Silver Cross 175.JPG
20200123173446_1.jpg
20200123182908_1.jpg
20200123182922_1.jpg

• Love
Reactions: Matfiej and MylesW

ROBLOX Bus Simulators

Founder of TMT and Project Merseyside
Jun 18, 2017
Liverpool
UPDATE 23/01/19
So what's going on? Now i have the motivation to do some work to the map i am now starting to detail the new parts of SC.
Apart from that not really much as a lot has happened recently with my family as my dad passed away at the beginning of the month . So updates are going to be not very frequent but the map is not cancelled it will get done but at a slow pace. Anyway enjoy these few screenshots.
View attachment 57366View attachment 57367View attachment 57368View attachment 57369View attachment 57370View attachment 57371
Nice screenshots, really sorry to hear that. Hope you and your family are doing well

Reactions: davidsb3

LeylandNationalStagecoach

Developer
Outreach
Jun 28, 2018
Fayton Heath, Caldshire
UPDATE 23/01/19
View attachment 57366View attachment 57367View attachment 57368View attachment 57369View attachment 57370View attachment 57371
I'm so sorry to hear about your dad! ????
Map is looking great though. I really respect you still working on OMSI 2 stuff. ????

Rhys stirling

Developer of Stowten
May 4, 2016
Wigan
UPDATE 23/01/19
I am so sorry about your dad, map looking really good so far, wishing you and your family all the best,

davidsb3

Mar 19, 2016
Colchester
UPDATE 27/01/20
So the rework around the old aldi is mostly complete its taken a lot of motivation and patience but at last im happy with the rework and adds a couple more stops and minutes to the drive time so far. Also i have started work on continuing the map towards Newton Marsh however it is bare skeleton work at the moment so screenshots will be shown when sufficient progress is made. Also please do suggest anything i could added in the new parts of the map for ideas mainly countryside ideas. }
Anyway screenshot timmmme!!
20200127225652_1.jpg

This junction sits where the old aldi used to be, and the shops behind are now called Mersea road shops and the road the bus is turning on is called Mersea Road.
20200127230013_1.jpg

Mersea road it self with speed humps and parking on the right hand side, it is tricky when cars are parked near the opposite bus stop!
20200127230221_1.jpg

Lloyd Avenue The apartments are going to be replaced at some point in the future hopefully.

Colchester Road
20200127230347_1.jpg
20200127230403_1.jpg

This was pain in the backside to do but i am really happy with how its turned out.

So thats it for this update please if you can join discord and join the many OMSi servers as that where i post the most frequent updates!
Thanks Davidsb3
Silver Cross 190.JPG
Silver Cross 192.JPG
Silver Cross 187.JPG

Advertisement

Users who are viewing this thread