Showbus 2016 - #GFFFSBG2K16 (2 Viewers)

whistlehead

Alias Mr Hackenbacker
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015
Hi all,

Quite a few of us have expressed an interest in going to this year's Showbus, and we're planning on having a specific UKDT presence there, so why not make a forum event of it? Let's plan the Great FellowsFilm Forums ShowBus Gathering 2016!

Official details are here: http://showbus.com/subind1/hilites2016.htm

If you cant make sense of that, which I wouldn't blame you for because the website is terrible, the important details are:

• Sunday 25th September, opening at 9:00 AM

• At the historic Donington Park motorsport venue (clicky linky), nice and central in the UK

• Entry fee to be announced, likely about £15-ish - less if you hitch a lift with a bus which has been entered

• Free shuttle bus from East Midlands Airport, which has half hourly Skylink services from Nottingham, Derby, Loughborough and Leicester as well as National Express services.

The event itself is the UK's largest gathering of preserved and commercial buses, with bus rides, viewings, judging and stalls. @RhysGeoffrey is planning to have a stand for Add-on London there, and we're talking about joining forces to set up a full-blown OMSI stand for people to play with.

I do want to give a cautionary note, though: If you are young and intend to travel specifically to see us, keep in mind that we cannot supervise you or take responsibility for you. We are people you met on the internet and therefore not to be trusted. Internet safety is very important - bring someone responsible with you.

#GFFFSBG2K16

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Rhys

Advertisement

Apr 16, 2016
Showbus looks alright. It is a sham they arent providing a bus from East Midlands Parkway as a lot of people will arrive via train and there is no link between the airport and train station.

When skylink express was on the drawing board I did mention about it serving Parkway (as it goes right past it) but due to timing from end to end and recovery time of the service it was not able to. The only service to the airport form Parkway is an hourly car service.

pıʌɐp

pıʌɐp™
Mar 4, 2016
Guildford, Surrey, UK
Hi all,

Quite a few of us have expressed an interest in going to this year's Showbus, and we're planning on having a specific UKDT presence there, so why not make a forum event of it? Let's plan the Great FellowsFilm Forums ShowBus Gathering 2016!

Official details are here: http://showbus.com/subind1/hilites2016.htm

If you cant make sense of that, which I wouldn't blame you for because the website is terrible, the important details are:

• Sunday 25th September, opening at 9:00 AM

• At the historic Donington Park motorsport venue (clicky linky), nice and central in the UK

• Entry fee to be announced, likely about £15-ish - less if you hitch a lift with a bus which has been entered

• Free shuttle bus from East Midlands Airport, which has half hourly Skylink services from Nottingham, Derby, Loughborough and Leicester as well as National Express services.

The event itself is the UK's largest gathering of preserved and commercial buses, with bus rides, viewings, judging and stalls. @RhysGeoffrey is planning to have a stand for Add-on London there, and we're talking about joining forces to set up a full-blown OMSI stand for people to play with.

I do want to give a cautionary note, though: If you are young and intend to travel specifically to see us, keep in mind that we cannot supervise you or take responsibility for you. We are people you met on the internet and therefore not to be trusted. Internet safety is very important - bring someone responsible with you.

#GFFFSBG2K16

Are you saying your dangerous?! :P

Yeah of course I know about Internet Safety!

Sadly I can't make it though. :(

Advertisement

iMarkeh

UK Omsi Magazine Founder
Banned Member
Apr 1, 2016
Chester, UK
Why dont you attend Buses Festival at Gaydon. At least there is a shuttle to and from Leamington Spa so people can actually get there by public transport. Also BUSES has a lot of people attend and was very busy last year. 

Advertisement

Rob_Devs

All time legend/Salisbury Reds Driver
Jan 29, 2016
Salisbury, Wiltshre
Is this still going ahead? I've noticed it has been very much under the radar. If it is still going ahead and UKDT is attending along with Rhys and then I will quite happily go along, willing to car share with anyone from the Salisbury area if they want to go aswell

iomex

UKDT
Dec 10, 2015
We've to do a site visit to see what the score is before we know what's going on and if we're still going, that'll happen about a month before the event itself so we'll have more info then.

Advertisement

Users who are viewing this thread