Maps Scunthorpe RHD (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Release date: TBC

Scunthorpe is back - One of the first "uk" map's released for OMSI - and I am pleased to announce that Scunthorpe will be back - upgraded for OMSI 2 in the near future. Since the last release, back in early 2013, the scenery across the map has been upgraded (twice), and conversion to RHD (left path) has been completed, to bring the map as near to modern standards as possible without a full upgrade.

The initial release will re-create Scunthorpe in 2016, with the following routes:
4: Scunthorpe -> Ashby -> Lakeside
6: Scunthorpe -> Ashby -> Manifold Road
9: Scunthorpe -> Hospital shuttle (Park & Ride)
10: Scunthorpe -> Westcliff -> Ashby -> Lakeside -> Old Brumby -> Scunthorpe
11: Scunthorpe -> Ashby -> Bottesford -> Yaddlethorpe
12: Scunthorpe -> Lincoln Gardens -> Ashby -> Riddings -> Ashfield (ASDA)
22: Scunthorpe -> Malvern Road -> Ashby -> Timberland -> Lakeside
31/32: Scunthorpe -> Hospital -> Tesco -> Westcliff -> Riddings -> Ashby -> Old Brumby -> Scunthorpe
33/34: Scunthorpe -> Westcliff -> Bottesford -> Ashby -> Lincoln Gardens -> Scunthorpe
37: Scunthorpe -> Hospital -> Berkeley Estates -> Skippingdale retail park
38: Scunthorpe -> Hospital -> Crosby
In addition, routes 35, 94, 100, 103 & 350 will be included as AI routes.

Work on the map is now nearing completion, with final scenery changes, tweaks, and AI vehciles now being set up - more details will be provided soon - in the mean time, heres some screenshots...

The new Bus Station - fully upgraded for 2016 with accurate layout...
FK9I-TXwKaXLM3vR7OIZO6rfP2zguBe0.jpeg

Frances Street, the first stop after leaving the Bus Station - fully updated...

Howdens hill, looking towards the "Museum/Rail Station" bus stops on Oswald Road...

Upgrade work further out from the town - as here on Scunthorpe/Bottesford border, passed by buses on route 33 and 34...

and finally (for now), Mary Street, looking towards the Bus Station, again totally revisited since the 2013 version...

Last edited by a moderator:

Advertisement

Only issue is that your routes are outdated now. Service 10 no longer runs due to the fact Stagecoach saving money as the route run alongside other routes. 31/32 have been re routed and retimed and the 33/34 are different routes now. 33 only goes to Ashby Road and the 34 goes to Lakeside. Will you be adding this or staying in the past? Your Bus Station also has some flaws with it as well.

Only issue is that your routes are outdated now. Service 10 no longer runs due to the fact Stagecoach saving money as the route run alongside other routes. 31/32 have been re routed and retimed and the 33/34 are different routes now. 33 only goes to Ashby Road and the 34 goes to Lakeside. Will you be adding this or staying in the past? Your Bus Station also has some flaws with it as well.
Does it have to be 100% accurate and up-to-date?

Jul 30, 2016

I know, very thoughtless of stagecoach to change all the routes just as I had set them all up. The first release will reflect the map as it was around 4-5 months ago, before the 10 was withdrawn, and where the 22 still has an hourly saturday timetable.

Advertisement

KyleOmsi2

Omsi Developer
Masterswitch Studios
Apr 30, 2017
OOOOOOOHHH, I cant wait and it looks freaking amazing... :D I have been trying to dable with the editor in order to bring people a Sheffield-Rotherham-Doncaster Map but im not very good with splines and connecting them and stuff. But alas i cannot wait for the scunthorpe map to be released and once again amazing job :D By splines i mean the car splines to link them together not got an issues using normal road splines and stuff like that haha

Advertisement

Advertisement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread