Maps Scunthorpe 2019 (1 Viewer)

Scunthorpe 2019

Scunthorpe is a large industrial town in North Lincolnshire. Scunthorpe has been built on the hard work of the men and women that live there, and is towered by the steelworks. It's located on the South side of the Humber bank and is one of the largest towns in the area.. Driving in Scunthorpe is not so much a Sight Seeing Tour, but providing vital transport services to the thousands that use the public transport in the area and can offer even some of the more highly skilled drivers a challenge!

Finally, I'm pleased to announce Scunthorpe. With the large increase of UK Based Maps appearing in OMSI, I felt this would be a great oppurtunity to re-launch a new and improved project for the OMSI Community! Many projects are set in absolutely beautiful locations, however it's important to remember the hard working and more demanding places to work! Scunthorpe shall not be a small project, as I plan for it to be a project full of the little details. By no means will I be able to complete this project by myself, and it would be truly great to see members of the community come together! Please read on for more details about this new project!

amcotts.png

Stagecoach and Hornsby provide a large variety of different services in the area that serve many thousands of people per week, and being a project that will simulate Scunthorpe's Bus Services to as much detail as possible, once the project reaches full completion - I hope to have worked as many of the services and routes available in as possible to provide many hours of fun driving! Here is a list of the different services and destinations that hopefully will be included (this list is subject to change as more research is completed for this project)!

Scunthorpe is soon to have Simplibus added in real life so I will add the following changes + new services:

Service 4: Scunthorpe - Lakeside - Broughton - Brigg
Service 4: Foxhills Industiral Estate - Scunthorpe - Lakeside - Broughton - Brigg
Service X4: Scunthorpe - Lakeside - Brigg
Service 6: Scunthorpe - Ashby
Service 9: Scunthorpe - Scunthorpe General Hospital
Service 11: Scunthorpe - Ashby - Yaddlethorpe
Service 12: Scunthorpe - Brumby - Ashfield - East Butterwick
Service 13: Scunthorpe - High Street East - Scunthorpe
Service 16: Scunthorpe - Parklands
Service 22: Scunthorpe - Ashby - Timberlands - Lakeside
Service 31: Scunthorpe - Ashby - Riddings - Tesco - Scunthorpe
Service 31A: Scunthorpe - Ashby - Yaddlethorpe - Riddings - Tesco - Scunthorpe
Service 32: Scunthorpe - Tesco - Riddings - Ashby - Scunthorpe
Service 32A: Scunthorpe - Tesco - Riddings - Yaddlethorpe - Ashby - Scunthorpe
Service 33: Scunthorpe - Westcliff
Service 34: Scunthorpe - Westcliff - Yaddlethorpe - Ashby- Lakeside
Service 35: Scunthorpe - Crowle - Amcotts
Service 37: Scunthorpe - Skippingdale
Service 38: Scunthorpe - Crosby
Service 60: Scunthorpe - Whitton
Service 90: Scunthorpe - Crowle
Service 100: Scunthorpe - Scotter
Service 100: Scunthorpe - Gainsborough (AI to Lincoln)
Service 101: Scunthorpe - Scotter (AI to Lincoln)
Service 103: Scunthorpe - Kirton (AI to Lincoln)
Service 350: Scunthorpe - Barton(AI to Hull)
Service 350: Ashby - Scunthorpe - Barton (AI to Hull)
Service 360: North Lindsey College - Scunthorpe - East Holton
Service 360: North Lindsey College - Scunthorpe - Barton
Service 360: North Lindsey College - Scunthorpe - Goole
Service 361: Scunthorpe - Goole
Service 399: Scunthorpe - Westwoodside

If you have any questions or enquirers about the project, please feel free to leave a response in this thread!
Also, feel free to check back for new updates in regards to Project Grimsby, I look forward to keeping you guys updated!
with permission from mrmoose to expand Scunthorpe and heavily edit it.

12.5pm.png

16.png

19.png

6.png

Last edited:
been waiting ages for an improved version the routes that u cant actually drive but are in the game there is no point having them if u cant drive them like the 100 to linclon hopefully the owner of the map currently will look into updating the non drivable routes as drivable and add a route to lincon and the other routes u cant drive but AI uses. i also would rather not have AI using parking bays as i cant get my own fleets in and have to delete the AI buses in order to make space to use the depots and bus station. just some things for whoever made the one im using to think about and take into consideration but cant wait for this looks great more routes please i run a big operation lol

Jonathan

JonOfWilts
Oct 28, 2016
been waiting ages for an improved version the routes that u cant actually drive but are in the game there is no point having them if u cant drive them like the 100 to linclon hopefully the owner of the map currently will look into updating the non drivable routes as drivable and add a route to lincon and the other routes u cant drive but AI uses. i also would rather not have AI using parking bays as i cant get my own fleets in and have to delete the AI buses in order to make space to use the depots and bus station. just some things for whoever made the one im using to think about and take into consideration but cant wait for this looks great more routes please i run a big operation lol
I think you make some good points. I don't agree about the AI routes in general though. Most OMSI maps have additional AI non-driveable routes. They add to the realism of the simulation. However I do agree buses sometimes block each other in the Scunthorpe bus station. Personally I just ignore that as when I drive away the tile vanishes and they sort themselves out (or just advance time by one second which also clears this up). A different layout of the stands may prevent any blockages? Also any new map could have additional driveable routes anyway - which may also mean more non-driveable routes in new parts of the map? The biggest enhancement I would like addressed is the performance issue. I love driving Scunthorpe but it is notoriously laggy - I have read one theory it is the trees and shrubs (?) - it could be scenery related as I find lowering the traffic levels does not help.

Advertisement

yeah i agree i noticed it happens to me i just cut the AI off as i dont run a route on my own what i do is i run a proper company operation so i put lots of buses on my own routes on scrunthrope routes and add more and more fleets etc and my own made up stuff i dont drive a bus around with AI or anything i do it a slightly different way so what i did was i expanded the scrunthrope depot for additional capacity and got rid of AI parked were i needed space and now i can fit my own buses in. but yeah i agree looking forwerd to it i feel like having ago on it now lol

D

Deleted member 295

@DannyBrooks963 Looking at the most recent street view (from Jun 2017), there are 6 sets of traffic lights in addition to an island in the middle of the road with a set of 4 pedestrian crossing lights, so I'd half expect that to be the case in the map update but of course you can't expect every detail to be accurate, as it seems to have been the case IRL for years and it hasn't been implemented into any versions of the map before I don't think.
1543327619123.png

1543327636967.png

Users who are viewing this thread