SCS Blog: World of Trucks Newsletter #1 is Coming! (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 1, 2014
ITS MY TURN @Carrythxd

SCS Software said:
As the release of Scandinavia DLC is getting close, we feel that it would make a perfect opportunity to utilize one more, yet unused, media channel of ours - the World of Trucks newsletter. You see, it's time to really boost our PR effort now!
During your registration to World of Trucks, many of you opted to receive the newsletter. Actually we explicitly didn't pre-select the newsletter check-box for the registration, you had to click it yourself. Unlike many companies who try by any means to push any info and especially promo through, we felt it's only fair to give you the opportunity but make it a user preference.

More then half of World of Trucks users opted to receive the newsletter, but until now we have never utilized this communications channel.

Sending a newsletter is a rather tricky procedure, it's not like firing a few e-mails per day, it requires infrastructure to send hundreds of thousands newsletters at once. Thankfully places like Amazon and many others are offering a service for sending such massive amounts of mails for a reasonable price, with extra features on top of it. Still, such services have specific criteria on how many emails can "bounce" as undeliverable or reported as "spam" - and if the bounce rate is too high, we might receive a ban right at the newsletter's introduction, which would be a shame.

With that in mind we aim to distribute the newsletter only among active users to World of Trucks platform who are truly interested in receiving it.

In our first newsletter we aim to include an extensive preview and summary of all features that Scandinavia DLC will bring to the a game, as well as a gist on other projects we work on and activities happening around the SCS Software office.

Since this is the first ever newsletter from SCS Software, we certainly want to avoid spamming the players who have since their registration lost the interest in the game. We plan to send out the message only to active members who have logged in in the past couple of months. So please make sure to complete the steps below if you are interested in receiving our first newsletter prior to the release.

What do you need to do in order to receive our newsletter?

• Make sure your email contact info is up to date to make sure our emails don't go into the void

• Tick "Receive updates about latest news and special events" in account options page (in case you haven't subscribed already).

View attachment 2204
Source: http://blog.scssoft.com/2015/04/world-of-trucks-newsletter-1-is-coming.html

Last edited by a moderator:

Advertisement

Do you really find this as a competition or something..? Because the PMs you sent me pretty much indicated that you do and so does this one..
I don't see this as a competition, if you get to post it first, great, if I get to post it first, great, I don't really care who posts it first

Reactions: Warrior

Max

-- .- -..-
FF Council
Jan 12, 2014
UK
Cleared up that little bit of repetitiveness at the beginning of your post there..

Will be interesting to see how they pull this newsletter off, and if there's actually anything in there that hasn't been mentioned before on the blog post, kind of looking forward to this one :)

Jul 31, 2014
Mister grumpy here:
Why don't they just post the stuff they want to say on their blog... ''Yeah, let's put little pieces of info on 5 different platforms instead of one central point, what a great idea!'' (blog, facebook, twitter, WoT and e-mail).

It is nice of them to not go all jehovah witness on our *sses by sending everyone an e-mail though... Would you like to talk about our lord and savior ETS?
No, get the **** off of my property, we worship Satan in this house!

Advertisement

Seven

The Dickhead
Aug 25, 2014
UK
lx-fx.co.uk
Mister grumpy here:
Why don't they just post the stuff they want to say on their blog... ''Yeah, let's put little pieces of info on 5 different platforms instead of one central point, what a great idea!'' (blog, facebook, twitter, WoT and e-mail).

It is nice of them to not go all jehovah witness on our *sses by sending everyone an e-mail though... Would you like to talk about our lord and savior ETS?
No, get the **** off of my property, we worship Satan in this house!
Off topic - a Satanist would tell you Satan is a symbol, not a being. ;)

On topic - Yeah, I'm inclined to agree, I'm also a fan for keeping things in one place. If I post on Instagram I have it go through my Twitter, similarly if I upload a YouTube video, I'd have that go through Twitter as well. They might be better off having it go through SCS Blog - it is what it's there for. I guess they plan to use the newsletters for the annual or rarely-sent summary of news and bits - again not very good if they're only sending it to recently active members.

Jul 31, 2014
Off topic - a Satanist would tell you Satan is a symbol, not a being. ;)

Oh... Well... I always say that to the jehovahs that come at my door, I just love to see how the react. It's genuinly the only time I'm mean to strangers...

I think it'll be useful for a place to see all news very quick. Hopefully they also add a few "exclusive" things =D

Then the e-mails are exactly what I'd like to avoid if I were SCS. Their genre is already pretty 'unknown' to the masses, so keeping info behind the screens is an aweful tactic.
I'd rather put everything on one spot, where people can easily find it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread