SCS Blog: Steering Creations Pack for ATS (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 1, 2014

A week from now the biggest European truck show - the 66th IAA Commercial Vehicles expo - starts in Hannover, Germany. We are going to walk the show floor in force, trying to network with manufacturers and taking as many reference photos of every interesting vehicle as we can.

Before the show starts, we're planning to release a couple of DLCs as a bit of a social experiment. We hope that it might turn into something of a case study on the engagement of the truck sim fan community in the industry as a whole; which would make a great talking point that we can use when we approach brand owners and try to teach them about the benefits of having their officially licensed products appear in our games.

Today with the kind cooperation of Steering Creations, Inc. we are releasing DLC featuring a wide selection of their custom steering wheels for American Truck Simulator. We met the SCI guys back at MATS 2016 in the spring when we were admiring their unique steering wheels that were on display there. Turned out they knew our game very well and were actually curious if there were any opportunities to have their products make it into ATS. We agreed that this could be of interest for some of our players, and that it might also make for a very interesting PR experiment. So here we go:

We are about to launch a huge giveaway of activation keys for the Steering Creations Pack DLC - in fact, we're offering a whopping 30 thousand keys to American Truck Simulator players. To qualify for this time-limited giveaway we're asking you to visit or follow American Truck Simulator and Steering Creations on Facebook and Twitter. If you're among the lucky first 30,000 you'll get the Steering Creations Pack for free! Meanwhile on our end we can measure the impact of this test and if our 'experiment' garners enough attention it will give us one more argument to bring to the table during licensing discussions in the future. Have fun!

Source: http://blog.scssoft.com/2016/09/steering-creations-pack-for-ats.html

Giveaway Link: https://gleam.io/p0TT7/ats-steering-creations-pack-giveaway - Keys available for the first 30,000 people to enter so be quick!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 4D1L and Warrior

Max

-- .- -..-
FF Council
Jan 12, 2014
UK
I've a feeling many people will appreciate this DLC! Not a bad price either for those that don't win a free copy!

Got my copy! Can't say no to a free DLC really can you? :P
View attachment 4303

@scanialoverr - I've changed the layout of your post slightly so it's easier for people to find that giveaway link, suspect that's what they'll be looking for anyways ;)

Advertisement

David.Ikaël

Long time virtual driver
Jun 24, 2014
France
steamcommunity.com
Seriously ?!
Would I have to pay, just because of that ?! :eek:

b074778e442e8543d5669dc84af2a6a0.png

(I'm not the only one tho. I hope I'll not have to pay..)

Advertisement

Advertisement

Max

-- .- -..-
FF Council
Jan 12, 2014
UK
Perhaps, you'd have thought they'd have played 5 hours by now though!

yeah it's pretty straight forward task if you ask me, shouldn't be to hard to get a key hehe

There was a handful of comments on the facebook page from people who didn't have the 5 hours yet! And one from a very angry chap who thought it should be free forever, clearly he couldn't meet the requirement either :P

Advertisement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread