SCS Blog: SCS Polar Express Holiday Event (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
SOURCE: http://blog.scssoft.com/2014/12/scs-polar-express-holiday-event.html

ANNOUNCING HOLIDAY SPECIAL EVENT: SCS POLAR EXPRESS

We've just received a cryptic letter with some very disturbing news: Santa Claus might not be able to deliver all gifts in time on his own! We were told that Father Christmas is looking for logistic professionals who want to help out with Santa's substantial delivery backlog.

Here's more details for elves truckers who want to help out to make sure that all gifts are delivered in time: The task at hand is delivering a unique kind of cargo over the distance equal to that of SCS Software office and the North Pole. Note that this distance can be covered across multiple deliveries. Progress of the deliveries can be tracked from your World of Trucks profile.

ets2_xmas_cargo_gifts_a_004.jpg

ets2_xmas_cargo_gifts_a_005.jpg

Santa always makes sure that everyone gets the gifts they deserve, and indeed, there is something special waiting for everyone who contributes his or her due to the effort to transport all the gift packages in our Polar Express 2014 Event. Succeed and you will be rewarded with a special Raven Truck Design DLC. This original tuning set cannot be purchased, the only way to obtain is to earn a Steam key for it during this limited-time event.

ets2_golden_raven_paintjob_dlc_002.jpg

ets2_custom_raven_paintjob_dlc_003.jpg

This update also marks a public release of features added in the previous beta, below you can find a changelog listing highlights of this update:

- New Exclusive interior for DAF Euro 6
- New sounds for Scania 6 cylinder engines
- New sounds for Iveco Highway and Iveco Stralis
- Support for different dashboard computer black-light colors
- Showroom updates:
- New interface for showrooms
- New showroom interior
- New look for small truck dealers
- Significantly faster autosaving
- Gameplay improvements
- Interior camera motion feature - camera can now simulate movements of the player's body and motion of the truck seat
- Smart cruise control - retarder will now be used automatically
-Trailer brake
- Support for second reverse gear for custom H-Shifter layouts
Support for Holiday Special content

This update also brings some changes to our engine and structure of the game files, which may affect modifications. If you are involved in creating modifications, visit this page for more information about latest changes.

Also these were added to the WorldofTrucks.com website:

WorldofTrucks.com -> Events:
c4i0S0x.png

WorldofTrucks.com -> Achievements
4e3O8Vo.png

After you've completed the Event:

The achievement you unlock:
rkgbYbi.png

And the truck paintjobs + the custom Raven wheels that also came with the DLC:

Golden Raven:
pgikE2E.jpg

Raven Custom (Customizable color):
baF0bC0.jpg

Last edited:

Advertisement

I have no idea how long it took me to do this as I wasn't looking at the clock but I'm guessing that it took me like 4-5 hours to complete it, imo it was worth it! I'm loving the Golden Raven paintjob
tongue.png

Also after you've completed the Event 100%, you get a WoT achievement and also a Steam key for the Raven Truck Design Paintjob DLC:

rkgbYbi.png

And the truck paintjobs + the custom Raven wheels that also came with the DLC:

Golden Raven:
pgikE2E.jpg

Raven Custom (Customizable color):
baF0bC0.jpg

Advertisement

Seven

The Dickhead
Aug 25, 2014
UK
lx-fx.co.uk
Well, assuming the context "Santa's gifts" - gifts are usually delivered under Christmas trees on Christmas eve so I assume from that, the event expires December 24th. It's not hard to complete, about 4 or 5 hours driving in total. I did one job yesterday and it took me up 20%, I was driving for about an hour.

Seven

The Dickhead
Aug 25, 2014
UK
lx-fx.co.uk
I tried cheating, not possible :)

Assuming the cheating is teleporting, doesn't work as it actually tracks distance your wheels have turned. However, you could probably lock your truck to do a circle then leave it for a while and just refuel it, that could work. Unsure though.

I tried cheating, not possible :)

Assuming the cheating is teleporting, doesn't work as it actually tracks distance your wheels have turned. However, you could probably lock your truck to do a circle then leave it for a while and just refuel it, that could work. Unsure though.
The cheat is actually teleporting but you just teleport underneath the ground. Since there is nothing underneath the map, you just go flying around the map just like how people used to somehow fly when they got rammed in the earlier updates of ETS2mp. You get to reach 800KMh and still deliver Santa's Present in time for Christmas.

Advertisement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread