SCS Blog: National Window Flags (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 1, 2014
There are special occasions when a proper sports fan simply must root for their team. We thought it would be cool if it was also possible inside the world of Euro Truck Simulator 2. So here we are, bringing you a new cosmetic option to decorate your vehicle with a flying national flag. The timing is not a coincidence, as fans of football especially in Europe will no doubt understand.

We are happy to announce the release of National Window Flags DLC for ETS2. The package features hundreds of national flags, so pretty much everybody on the planet should be able to find their own. This type of decoration is not something for everyday use, but it may be quite handy during special days, like national holidays or major sports events.

To promote our recently improved external contracts on World of Trucks, we are offering you a time-limited chance to earn an activation key for this new DLC without having to pay a single cent. Here is the deal:

Between today June 8th and June 15th 2016 midnight CET, deliver three (3) World of Trucks contracts in Euro Truck Simulator. To avoid cheating with extremely trivial jobs, each contract must be over a minimum distance of 200 km (125 miles) (segments on a ferry are not counted!).

We will be dispensing the keys in batches once a day, so after completing the required number of jobs, you may have to wait for up to 24 hours before receiving a message through the World of Trucks system with the activation key. Thank you for your patience.

For maximum effect, it is possible to combine the flags together with other dedicated tuning DLCs like unique flag-inspired cabin paint jobs or colorable wheel tuning pack to get cool combinations like the ones below:

The National Window Flags DLC covers the countries listed by the International Organization for Standardization.
Source: http://blog.scssoft.com/2016/06/national-window-flags.html

David.Ikaël

Long time virtual driver
Jun 24, 2014
France
steamcommunity.com
Before read all the post, I watched the video, and I said "Oh, nice ! Even if this is pretty useless... But why not, it could be fun !..". Then I read the beginning of the text, and I clicked on the link : I was like "What ??!! We must pay for this ? :eek: " Even if that's 0.99€, I was thinking that it would be free & added automatically in the game.
So I started to read the following sentences, and I saw that it could be free.

-> All that to say that you should always read the post fully, it could have important informations in it ! ;)

PS: I will do external jobs to have the DLC :p

Advertisement

Max

-- .- -..-
FF Council
Jan 12, 2014
UK
May be a cheap DLC anyway, but I saved £1.59 by getting it now! As far as the random DLC's SCS release go I quite like this one, clever idea. Will be interesting to pull it apart and see what parts can be taken and used for other things in game!
View attachment 4058

So you gotta play ETS2 for around two to three hours
Took me 1h 5min to complete and I traveled further than the required distance - WoT forces speed limiter etc too so no cheating in that respect..

If it takes you 3 hours to complete 3 jobs with a length of 200km then you're clearly not rushing! Sounds like you're having a really bad issue with lag or something too :p
At the moment I'm running on a Asus 540L since I'm still waiting for my gaming PCs to be shipped over from ozz. it's been 5 weeks and another 4 weeks to go I think

Advertisement

Seven

The Dickhead
Aug 25, 2014
UK
lx-fx.co.uk
At the moment I'm running on a Asus 540L since I'm still waiting for my gaming PCs to be shipped over from ozz. it's been 5 weeks and another 4 weeks to go I think
What's so special about Aussie parts? Could have bought the same over here for about half the cost of importing I reckon - not to mention the potential shipping damage, that's a long way for a computer to travel in one piece...

Max

-- .- -..-
FF Council
Jan 12, 2014
UK
What's so special about Aussie parts? Could have bought the same over here for about half the cost of importing I reckon - not to mention the potential shipping damage, that's a long way for a computer to travel in one piece...
So you're saying, pull the hard drives, sell the rest and build a new rig in the UK? Sounds pretty smart to be fair, import tax on something like that is going to be painful :P

Seven

The Dickhead
Aug 25, 2014
UK
lx-fx.co.uk
So you're saying, pull the hard drives, sell the rest and build a new rig in the UK? Sounds pretty smart to be fair, import tax on something like that is going to be painful :p

It's what I'd have done unless importing the whole system is genuinely cheaper. Sometimes it is - when we had a 32gb dedi server shipped from NZ to AU we had the whole rack pulled and shipped. Wasn't cheap but was cheaper than sending one of our own to go in and strip the bits needed.

Guys Guys, you are in the wrong :P I have moved from country to country and so the full house of 130 boxes are being shipped over and so my gaming gear and over 200 of my DVDS are being sick on the ship.

UK is cheaper for parts yes!

Max

-- .- -..-
FF Council
Jan 12, 2014
UK
I have moved from country to country and so the full house of 130 boxes are being shipped over and so my gaming gear and over 200 of my DVDS are being sick on the ship.
You surely need to pay some sort of import duty on that when it arrives in the UK though? Or is it not the same case if you're importing things when you immograte?

You surely need to pay some sort of import duty on that when it arrives in the UK though? Or is it not the same case if you're importing things when you immograte?
That's already been dealt with and aren't a issue, Also I'm not immigrating since I'm already been registered since 2013, My mother was born in England so that is way I got it easy :)

Advertisement

Seven

The Dickhead
Aug 25, 2014
UK
lx-fx.co.uk
That's already been dealt with and aren't a issue, Also I'm not immigrating since I'm already been registered since 2013, My mother was born in England so that is way I got it easy :)
Best thing about the UK is your PC will run cooler and your car will run better as the air here is colder and is very rich in the autumn and winter months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread