SCS Blog: Mighty Griffin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carrythxd

Apr 23, 2014
Favourite Truck
Volvo
Source: http://blog.scssoft.com/2016/06/mighty-griffin.html

If you've ever been to a truck show, you would be blown away by the love and dedication some truckers devote to their trucks. The effort they put into their vehicles is unbelievable - tons of chrome, hand-made parts, lights and paint jobs - these truckers take a regular truck and turn in it into a work of art!

We have decided to turn our observations from European truck shows into some cool new stuff to help players pimp out two of ETS2's most popular trucks. A new batch of gorgeous tuning content is joining our roster, made especially for the truckers who keep a griffin in their heart!

The Mighty Griffin DLC is joining our Steam roster today. It will enhance your tuning sets for the Scania R and Scania Streamline with dozens of new parts for both interior and exterior decoration...

Chassis covers, rear bumpers, exhausts, front masks and grilles, stone guards, bull bars, front and rear mudflaps, wheel hubs, door and window trims, paint jobs, front badges, and various cabin accessories like curtains, mugs, LED logos, a dashboard table - The Mighty Griffin DLC will help you make your Scania truck look like the king of the road!

Max

TruckSim.Org Ops Manager
Administrator
Jan 12, 2014
Favourite Truck
Volvo
That's really cool that they've thought about that! If you forgot 50Keda was working for SCS, I would imagine that he was very much involved with this one! :P

However, I can't help but think it looks like one of those absolutely dreadful accessory/tuning packs that were popular a few years ago.. There's a few things that could be handy, the interior table would be awesome to see across a few of the other trucks, but chrome grills, bumpers etc just make me want to cry! :angry3:

David.Ikaël

Long time virtual driver
Jun 24, 2014
Favourite Truck
Scania
That's awesome !! I always think about the Multiplayer, because in Solo we can put mods.
So we'll be able to drive with amazing trucks ! :D
But wait... I only have 3,20€. The DLC is 3,59€... AAAHHHHHH :mad:
Fortunately, I'll be able to buy a Steam card tomorrow ;) But I must wait almost a day !

However, it's only for the Scania : A truck that I don't use to drive ^^ I really hope that this type of customziation will be available to other trucks soon !!

Seven

The Dickhead
Administrator
Aug 25, 2014
Favourite Truck
Kenworth
Yeah. I've never seen a more ridiculous exhaust than that V8-themed one... Not tickling my pickle at all really. :P

David.Ikaël

Long time virtual driver
Jun 24, 2014
Favourite Truck
Scania
That's really cool that they've thought about that! If you forgot 50Keda was working for SCS, I would imagine that he was very much involved with this one! :p

However, I can't help but think it looks like one of those absolutely dreadful accessory/tuning packs that were popular a few years ago.. There's a few things that could be handy, the interior table would be awesome to see across a few of the other trucks, but chrome grills, bumpers etc just make me want to cry! :angry3:
Some of the things we see in the video are pretty awful, I must say... But I love the rear bumpers, or the painted mask (and the interior !).
I didn't expected that, even if SCS showed us discreetly the rear mudflaps (here) ;)

These 2 things are... maybe too much ! But I'm sure it will be appreciated by some people ^^ And why not, they can be used to have a "badass" truck, maybe..
View attachment 4107 View attachment 4106

Maticus1999

Feb 10, 2014
You can see which trucks that SCS have taken... Inspiration from. Problem is those trucks are not over done, guarantee there will be that one guy who has EVERYTHING on his truck at once. When it's released it will be very easy to make the truck looks great, but also extremely bad.

David.Ikaël

Long time virtual driver
Jun 24, 2014
Favourite Truck
Scania
You can see which trucks that SCS have taken... Inspiration from. Problem is those trucks are not over done, guarantee there will be that one guy who has EVERYTHING on his truck at once. When it's released it will be very easy to make the truck looks great, but also extremely bad.
It's already available ;)
But when TruckersMP will do a patch to make ETS2MP compatible with this DLC, we'll probably see people with a ton of things on their Scania... :confused:

Empire KickAss

Nov 28, 2015
Favourite Truck
Volvo
This is really nice, glad that the team are going to do it for others to enjoy the gaming life. all I need is an 4K TV to connect up with my wheel that I haven't got and some online players that I'm still banned from using the server. SUCKS!

Status
Not open for further replies.