SCS Blog: Many projects, one goal! (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Max

-- .- -..-
FF Council
Jan 12, 2014
UK
Just as I was starting to get worried that we won't see anything from SCS for the next few months they suprised us with a blog post about ATS! Some pretty cool panorama shots to show some of the different locations on the California map :)

More updates to World Of Trucks coming very soon and and the first release of American Truck Simulator on the horizon, all very exciting :D

We are working hard on American Truck Simulator: California, fine-tuning it and polishing the content and features. You may have seen glimpses of the locations already before in our earlier blog posts, but we thought the couple of panoramas below are still so cool that you will appreciate seeing them...

We have to admit that we have been in the "let's finish it" mode working on American Truck Simulator: California longer that we hoped.

Basically, the "problem" is that we want to give it all to you. Euro Truck Simulator 2 has been great success for us - so we thought that we absolutely should not abandon it - let's continue to improve and expand it! While we are at it, let's venture across the ocean too with American Truck Simulator so that we can make happy more of the global fan base of the truck sim genre. At the same time, we knew that we will need to go deeper - and from this the ambition to create the complementary World of Trucks project was born.

We are adding community features and infrastructure to support implementation of a grand trucking universe with Virtual Trucking Companies and eventually with rich multiplayer. We would also like to introduce more vehicles into our world than just plain semi-trucks, so work has started on adding alternate gameplay and driving experiences into our simulation system. At the same time, we know that we need to keep pushing our graphics technology, there are still many things in our game engine to improve and optimize, and balancing such changes while trying not to break the game mods too badly is not easy at all.

Pursuing all these goals at the same time has been quite a ride. We have more than tripled our head count at SCS Software to over 50 people currently since the days of release of ETS2. While the content teams working on the projects are separate, they share the programming team, and we are still learning tough lessons when it comes to improving our testing and release pipeline.

Sometimes it feels like for every step forward we need to take two back, but we are stubborn and dedicated, and we are confident that in the end we will deliver on all that we have started. In our quest, we feel that quality is the most important thing for you and us. That's why, more often than not, we tend to adjust our plans and sacrifice release schedules in order to stay true to our mission and to build new pieces of the puzzle in a way that they will all fit well together.

Very soon, you will see us take another step with World of Trucks. The first release in American Truck Simulator line is on the horizon, and the team working Euro Truck Simulator 2 has great things in development too for you for the next year. Please be patient with us and stay tuned!

Source: http://blog.scssoft.com/2015/11/many-projects-one-goal.html

Reactions: David.Ikaël

Advertisement

Jul 31, 2014
Nice, but I'm gonna repeat myself once again: I wish they'd just kill off ETS 2 already... Time to move on.

What is the meaning of America in ATS? USA of Whole North and South American Continents?
Offtopic: I have never, ever heard anyone in the western-world refer to the continent South-America as just America. I wonder why people from South-American countries always get butthurt about that (not implying that you're butthurt, but just in general. I've seen a lot of ridiculous posts on the SCS blog itself from people from South-America).
When we talk about America, we mean the United States of America, not Canada, not Mexico and definitly non of the South-American countries...

Reactions: [BT] Elliot [BE]

Advertisement

Seven

The Dickhead
Aug 25, 2014
UK
lx-fx.co.uk
It's just USATS(United States of American Truck Simulator)?

"American Truck Simulator". I've never heard of a Canadian or a Mexican being called an American. :P

Smartass-ness aside, I would like them to include Canada actually. I've always looked at Ice Road Truckers and wanted to drive on similar roads which I had to do with mods in 18 WoS. No doubt there'll be a heavy modding community for ATS as with ETS2 but as far as official releases, Max sums up the general thought. Cali first, expanding from there by DLC.

Max

-- .- -..-
FF Council
Jan 12, 2014
UK
I would like them to include Canada actually.
I spoke to someone a long time ago (probably 1 year+) that was interested in releasing a map mod for ATS when ever it's released to expand into Canada - can't remember who it was though! Definitely something peope are thinking about if SCS don't though :P

Advertisement

Seven

The Dickhead
Aug 25, 2014
UK
lx-fx.co.uk
I spoke to someone a long time ago (probably 1 year+) that was interested in releasing a map mod for ATS when ever it's released to expand into Canada - can't remember who it was though! Definitely something peope are thinking about if SCS don't though :p
No doubt there'll be people interested in map mods as with every game. It wouldn't surprise me if people were working on mods right now in the various 3D builders so they can be tested immediately.

Max

-- .- -..-
FF Council
Jan 12, 2014
UK
No doubt there'll be people interested in map mods as with every game. It wouldn't surprise me if people were working on mods right now in the various 3D builders so they can be tested immediately.
Assuming that the map editing suite in ATS is the same as ETS2, you could actually create a map in ETS2 and port it over to ATS once it's released I believe

Seven

The Dickhead
Aug 25, 2014
UK
lx-fx.co.uk
Assuming that the map editing suite in ATS is the same as ETS2, you could actually create a map in ETS2 and port it over to ATS once it's released I believe
Why do I get the feeling someone with a MASSIVE PC is going to end up stitching the two games together. We've talked about it in the past, but stitching the US and EU maps together by boat/plane or whatever. "Oh, today I feel like driving in the EU. I'll take my Pete with me on a ship because I have the money to." :P

Max

-- .- -..-
FF Council
Jan 12, 2014
UK
Why do I get the feeling someone with a MASSIVE PC is going to end up stitching the two games together. We've talked about it in the past, but stitching the US and EU maps together by boat/plane or whatever. "Oh, today I feel like driving in the EU. I'll take my Pete with me on a ship because I have the money to." :p

I really wouldn't be surprised! Hahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread