SCS Blog : it's all about the Tyres/Tire (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

David.Ikaël

Long time virtual driver
Jun 24, 2014
France
steamcommunity.com
Source : http://blog.scssoft.com/2015/11/its-all-about-tyrestires.html

Today we would like to introduce one of the features that you can expect with the upcoming Euro Truck Simulator 2 update 1.22 - Tyre grades. We have already mentioned that we are looking into it in one of our earlier blogs. We are happy that it finally came to its fruition.

Inspired by actual European regulations, we tried to adapt reality to fit our game. All tyres are now graded based on three parameters: fuel efficiency, wet grip, and noise levels. The game takes tyre properties into account, so real life tyre grades correspond with in-game behaviour. Off course by long wear or damage, tyre quality may degrade.

We will now also support different tyre sizes. In the original game, we referred to a tyre (back then actually the whole wheel) just by its name. We are now enriching the simulation to include support for alternate tyre sizes, so the size is added to the naming convention.

While revisiting the tyres, we thought that it would be cool to add support for what we see in the tuning and modding community - tyre coloring. Stock tyres just sport the standard rubber look of course, but for additional tuning effect, the colour of designated parts of a tyre (like the manufacturer names or logos) can be altered. The in-game support is quite comfortable, allowing to choose the particular colour with a comfortable colour picker widget.

We are about to enter internal testing phase of this feature. As usual, before the final release, you can expect a round of Steam open betas - for those of you ready to help us out with community QA, or just cannot wait but experience any new features as soon as possible.

Oh, there is also a new original manufacturer-branded DLC coming, which will greatly expand your tyre choice ;).

Max

-- .- -..-
FF Council
Jan 12, 2014
UK
Is it bad that I'm more interested in the Michelin branding than the extra tire-related features? :P

It's cool that they continue to develop little details like this and push to get licenses for things like tyres - maybe trailer brand will be next? ;)

Advertisement

David.Ikaël

Long time virtual driver
Jun 24, 2014
France
steamcommunity.com
Is it bad that I'm more interested in the Michelin branding than the extra tire-related features? :p
I'm agree, I really like the Michelin branding content. :)

It's cool that they continue to develop little details like this and push to get licenses for things like tyres - maybe trailer brand will be next? ;)
That would be awesome !! I'd love to see that in the future of ETS2 !

Advertisement

Advertisement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread