SCS Blog: Heavy Cargo Pack DLC for ATS is out (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 1, 2014
Looks like 2017 is going to be a very exciting year for truck sim fans. Today we are here to announce the release of Heavy Cargo DLC for American Truck Simulator!

Much like in our previous release of Heavy Cargo Pack for ETS2, this DLC contains a set of new features that will enhance your gameplay. Let's see what you can look forward to in this heavy haul pack.

New Cargoes to haul

We are introducing 9 cargoes for you to haul:
  • Crawler Tractor
  • Bulldozer
  • Lift Truck Chassis
  • Lift Truck
  • Cable Reel
  • Milling Machine
  • All Terrain Crane
  • Scraper
  • Transformer

All of these cargoes range in weight from 55, 000 lbs to 123, 000 lbs (25 - 56 metric tons), so there is plenty of work to be done if you want to get them to their destination.

Trailers

If you are wondering why these trailers look very different from the ones used in Europe, look up Federal Bridge Gross Weight Formula. The trailers tend to be quite long and multi-pivoted for a good reason.
Let's familiarize ourselves with each part.
The first part which is the closest to the tractor is called the jeep and it is connected to the truck via the normal fifth wheel. The second part is called the lowboy and that's where the cargo is placed. It's either in the middle or it's the last part, depending on the configuration. The third part is semi-optional in relation to the cargo that is transported. It's called the spreader (or the stinger or the axle booster as it is called sometimes) and as the name suggests, it is there to spread the weight of the cargo across more axles and greater length. All three have their own pivot point which makes backing really entertaining and actually generally not advisable.

Our Heavy Cargo Pack comes with a mix of 2-part and 3-part (with spreader/stinger) configuration trailers, chosen to suit each particular cargo.

New engines

We have recently added new engine variants (with real behavior) to the game and we feel that this is the right time to remind you of that. All trucks now have a 600 hp engine option available and some trucks even have a stronger engine to choose from. There are of course still lower power engines available too - very sensible and economical choices for most transportation scenarios.

See you on the road!

If you happen to play both Euro Truck Simulator 2 and American Truck Simulator, consider this link: SCS Cargo Addict Bundle.

Related articles: ETS2: Heavy Cargo Pack DLC is here!
Source: http://blog.scssoft.com/2017/06/heavy-cargo-pack-dlc-for-ats-is-out.html

Last edited:

Advertisement

Max

-- .- -..-
FF Council
Jan 12, 2014
UK
I'm so tempted to buy a copy of this! I don't really have the time to play at the moment though so I know it'll end up sitting there for a few months though :(

That was my initial thought as well. But I tend to buy DLCs for these games whether I think I'll use them much or not because I feel like SCS has done so right by us fans. SCS are like the anti-EA ;)
I rather like the DLC for the ATS based game then ETS2 it's more longer and harder to reverse and so it makes more that fun at the same time. Yet it get's to be an pain when trying to go over the foot path and get stuck as you turn

Advertisement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread