SCS blog: Cargoes for Scandinavia (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 1, 2014
SCS Software said:
Trailers and cargo are an essential part of the world of Euro Truck Simulator 2. For Scandinavia add-on release, we are going to add several new trailer models for players to pull, we are also expanding the list of cargoes with over 80 new options.
As you can see on the screenshots, new trailers will range across multiple industries. These include wind farm parts, truck carrier rigs delivering trucks from Volvo Trucks and Scania factories to their respective dealers across Europe, and semi-trailers designed for transporting livestock. The new windmill set will be a part of Scandinavia DLC, while the livestock trailer and truck carriers should be a part of a new free game update for all users. This update will go out in sync with the release of the add-on.
Over 80 new cargoes are spread through several categories including: food, machinery, construction, ADR as well as general supplies. Of course each cargo has been assigned only to locations where it makes perfect sense to haul from or deliver to. As an example we went as far as separating farms into two groups: plant farm and animal farm. Each farm type of course has different production output and receiving needs. This trend is kept across the entire expansion with a lot of tweaks in the core game.
Questions about our planned release date are pouring at us every day. We hope to be able to announce official release date soon, we are still testing and fixing and improving, but we hope that the quality we expect of ourselves is within reach. Our goal is to put Scandinavia DLC in your hands within the next two months.
Before the release, we will most likely also go through another open beta round with the core game. For those participating in the beta, this would mean being able to take a look at things like the new trailers or the new daylight cycle system ahead of the Scandinavia official release.
Source:http://blog.scssoft.com/2015/03/cargo-for-scandinavia.html

View attachment 1956 View attachment 1957 View attachment 1958 View attachment 1959 View attachment 1960 View attachment 1961

Last edited:
Reactions: David.Ikaël

Advertisement

Jul 31, 2014
If I worked at SCS and had to make those screens I probably couldn't resist letting a Renault tow those Scanias just to make the fanboys mad...:cool:

To be honest, I'll probably stick with ProMods, it's covers a waaaaay larger area and it's free...:D If it wasn't for ProMods ETS 2 would be laying somehwere on my desk, rotting away with all other games I don't play anymore.:oops:

Jul 31, 2014
Is it just me or people give Promods to much credit? personally I don't find it as detailed as people claim

It's way more interesting than the standard map, that's for sure.:p I haven't found another map that covers as much as ProMods and actually looks decent. Sure, TSM covers a larger area but it looks aweful and rushed. Honestly, I don't even thing that Going East is better than ProMods and that costs what? 20 Euros? That's about as much as I paid for the game itself!:confused:
If you look at what SCS did for 20 Euros with the Going East DLC, I doubt Going North will be as good as every fanboy on SCS' blog thinks it'll be. After all, they've only showed us interesting places, not the normal highways and cities. Therefore I think there's plenty of reason to believe that Going North will be just another Going Copy-Paste For 20 Euros, just like Going East was.

If you can present us a map that's better than ProMods, well then please, show it to us all!:)

It's way more interesting than the standard map, that's for sure.:p I haven't found another map that covers as much as ProMods and actually looks decent. Sure, TSM covers a larger area but it looks aweful and rushed. Honestly, I don't even thing that Going East is better than ProMods and that costs what? 20 Euros? That's about as much as I paid for the game itself!:confused:
If you look at what SCS did for 20 Euros with the Going East DLC, I doubt Going North will be as good as every fanboy on SCS' blog thinks it'll be. After all, they've only showed us interesting places, not the normal highways and cities. Therefore I think there's plenty of reason to believe that Going North will be just another Going Copy-Paste For 20 Euros, just like Going East was.

If you can present us a map that's better than ProMods, well then please, show it to us all!:)
Never said there was a better map, but it gets to much credit

I doubt Going North will be as good as every fanboy on SCS' blog thinks it'll be. After all, they've only showed us interesting places, not the normal highways and cities.

They've been working on Scandinavia over a YEAR. If they "copy-pasted" Going East they would've finished it much earlier, but no, they're working on new and unique stuff for Scandinavia. They are only showing the cities because those are the most detailed parts of the map, however that doesn't mean highways and roads will be bland.

Advertisement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread