SCS Blog: American Truck Simulator Screens Friday (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
While the ETS2 team is preparing some cool stuff for you for early next week (as the upcoming update 1.20 for Euro Truck Simulator 2 is nearing release, we'll have interesting things to divulge), the American Truck Simulator team still has a lot of work ahead of them to release their project. We are always getting asked to show more of the game, so let's make this blog post just such an opportunity...

Despite showing a public build of the game some two weeks ago at Gamescom called a "beta," American Truck Simulator is still very much in production and undergoing internal testing, no wider beta testing has been started yet. We have to ask our small inner circle of volunteer beta testers to still be patient with us. Fortunately, most things are already in place, and the team is busy with establishing the initial game economy network, polishing environment and vehicle assets, while considerable work is also invested into game optimization.

Stay tuned, and keep on trucking!

Source: http://blog.scssoft.com/2015/08/american-truck-simulator-screens-friday.html

Advertisement

Sorry to look at this in a negative way but with every screenshot I see i feel more disappointed, the only new things in the screenshots have been small things like AI traffic and that's it... and I fear of small terrible highway exits with the lack of 53ft trailers, that is literally the only reason I can see to not include them. But that BNSF train is pretty cool...

Seven

The Dickhead
Aug 25, 2014
UK
lx-fx.co.uk
@Alan5267 US highway exits are typically very open, where the UK and EU ones are fairly accurate compared to the trucks. Hopefully they will take this in mind when producing the maps.

I'm actually looking forward to this release. Next year I hope to build my gaming rig so this will run smooth... The shot of the Kenworth in the rest area almost looked real!

Jul 31, 2014
Nice to see abit more variation in traffic :)

What varation?
Show me a pic that doesn't have an RV, a police car or a classic car in it...
Wish they'd just put like 9 more cars in the game. Just some Asian SUV's and minivans and some 80-90's boats.

But apperantly SCS thinks that Americans are all police officers who like to camp and love classic cars.

Advertisement

What varation?
Show me a pic that doesn't have an RV, a police car or a classic car in it...
Wish they'd just put like 9 more cars in the game. Just some Asian SUV's and minivans and some 80-90's boats.

But apperantly SCS thinks that Americans are all police officers who like to camp and love classic cars.
Counted 3 caravans in the last shot, and how many people have factory condition 50's and 60's cars?

love the older cars never see in wintertime but summer is totally different. The region of the USA does make a difference in terms of vehicles commonly seen, and RV are very common in summer time here same with pickup trucks hauling boats or work sheds. The classic cars are not common, but I do seen advantage of adding them like growing up in Arizona I saw quite a few 50s and 60s cars its more common than people think.

Jul 31, 2014
love the older cars never see in wintertime but summer is totally different. The region of the USA does make a difference in terms of vehicles commonly seen, and RV are very common in summer time here same with pickup trucks hauling boats or work sheds. The classic cars are not common, but I do seen advantage of adding them like growing up in Arizona I saw quite a few 50s and 60s cars its more common than people think.

But definitly not that common that 3 in 10 cars on the road are Pebble Beach-quality classic cars...o_O
They should just make more AI models.

Max

-- .- -..-
FF Council
Jan 12, 2014
UK
But definitly not that common that 3 in 10 cars on the road are Pebble Beach-quality classic cars...o_O
They should just make more AI models.

If they don't then I'm sure it won't be long until somebody releases a mod with a pile of cars from ETS2 and a new set of defs to make the classic cars less common :P

Advertisement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread