SCS Blog: Almost There! (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 1, 2014
SCS Software said:
In one week, the day we have all been looking forward to for so long will finally be here, and the Scandinavia map expansion for Euro Truck Simulator 2 will be released.

What took us so long? It's fair to admit that we have taken much longer to build it than we planned. We are pursuing a lot of goals at the same time, perhaps more than is healthy for a predictable, robust release schedule.

In the past two years, we have doubled the man-power in the company, but we have quadrupled the number of projects we try to handle at the same time. Some of the focus was traded for wider reach. We are committed to expanding ETS2 world with more areas, we have started working on American Truck Simulator, we have several people working on coach buses project, we have the long-term vision for World of Trucks to become the ultimate trucking meta-game with persistent massive-multiplayer online capabilities. We have experimented with virtual reality, we dedicated time to create better tools for the modders, we talk to way more transportation-related companies now about having their brands appear in our games. In the middle of this all, a core team of engineers is constantly working on upgrading our in-house game engine, to improve the graphics and sound capabilities, teach the AI new tricks, make the physics simulation more detailed, while introducing new features and tools for the content creation team - only to have them live through the pain of having to re-do parts of the work to upgrade to the new data formats and processes.

We thought that after over 15 years of making games, we were quite experienced, but switching from the mode of small company with a start-up mindset into a bigger multi-project team has not been an easy ride; obviously we still have a lot to learn. The good thing is, we are still around, stronger than ever, with multiple projects staffed by passionate development teams who want to see them through to completion, and even if the wait was long, we still managed to nurture a very loyal hardcore fan community motivating us in turn to keep pushing.

The next few days are going to be very hectic for us. We are still polishing the 1.17 update to be released early next week, we are working on zero-day update for Scandinavia to make sure it's as optimized as possible on release, we are preparing to re-launch the Euro Truck Simulator 2 website with all new presentation graphics, we have to orchestrate the release of multiple "SKUs" across many digital and retail channels, while loudly trumpeting the PR message that the Scandinavia DLC is better than sliced bread. (Not to speak about having to arrange for an open beta test of update 1.18 which will start immediately after Scandinavia release, wink wink, so that the Mercedes-Benz New Actros truck is introduced into the game at last without additional delays!)

What you can do for us to help spread the message and make Scandinavia a success? Add Scandinavia DLC to your wishlist on its Steam Store page, check out and like the new official promotional trailer embedded below, follow us on our SCS Software twitter channel and make an account on World of Trucks if you haven't done so already, register on forum and give us feedback on the currently running Open Beta of ETS2 1.17 update, pester your favorite star youtuber or streamer to take a look at our game!

Also, if you live nearby, come to Truckfest Peterborough to say "Hi!" and meet SCS Software's CEO Pavel Sebor in the DAF Showtrekker trailer - a presentation of DAF Euro 6 truck as featured in the latest version of Euro Truck Simulator 2 will be taking place there with Pavel as a guest.

Source: http://blog.scssoft.com/2015/04/amost-there.html

Reactions: David.Ikaël

Advertisement

Advertisement

Seven

The Dickhead
Aug 25, 2014
UK
lx-fx.co.uk
Why do SCS do not have any release or any news about the Road Train type Trailers? Is there any delay or just no time working on it?
I think it's more about figuring out how they'll actually do it. Road train trailers in the UK require a rigid truck with a load on it then an articulated trailer at the back. They have to overhaul the job system so that you can only take certain jobs with the trailer and that truck, quick jobs, 3D modelling, etc.

I just think ATS and Scandinavia is top priority I think and they'll get to work after that.

I think it's more about figuring out how they'll actually do it. Road train trailers in the UK require a rigid truck with a load on it then an articulated trailer at the back. They have to overhaul the job system so that you can only take certain jobs with the trailer and that truck, quick jobs, 3D modelling, etc.

I just think ATS and Scandinavia is top priority I think and they'll get to work after that.
Yeah! Agree with that, Vikings!!! :D

Advertisement

Seven

The Dickhead
Aug 25, 2014
UK
lx-fx.co.uk
Personally I don't see any point bringing out ETS3, I mean there's ETS2 then all their individual country truck sims, soon American Truck Simulator. I think they'll work on upholding ETS2 and ATS before they bring out another new game.

Advertisement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread