Utility Software Sceneryobject Conversion Utility (1 Viewer)

Hi - I have tried several times over the last few months to get thjs to work, but I get errors everytime

The converter is in MY SDK folder within Omsi and the Data foldr within that

I don't know where to go but here 's some screen shots of the errors - hope omeone can give me a clue

Regards
Paul
Screenshot 2019-09-22 13.43.30.png
Screenshot 2019-09-22 13.29.37.png
Screenshot 2019-09-22 13.29.37.png
Screenshot 2019-09-22 13.49.18.png
Screenshot 2019-09-22 13.49.18.png

Advertisement

I have a new problem whit this now.

I have been able for a while to create my own buildings in sketchup and use the utility to convert them. I solved the earlier problem as it does not like filenames with "Spaces" in them

However the other day my PC crashed while undertaking a conversion.
The utility will no longer stat, despite re-downloading. There are no error messages. I am using Windows 10 64 bit and tried in both normal and administrator modes.

Anyone any ideas?

whistlehead

Alias Mr Hackenbacker
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015
Quick note: If anyone is still getting the cube in their models, just open Blender 2.79b, delete the default cube and hit ctrl+U. That'll deal with it.

Apologies @Wulfrunian, I'm not sure what to suggest - if your PC crashed it's possible there's an underlying issue, or that a different file has corrupted. All I can suggest is deleting the program altogether including data files and taking it from there.

whistlehead

Alias Mr Hackenbacker
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015
whistlehead updated Sceneryobject Conversion Utility with a new update entry:

Major update: Blender file conversion

The tool will now convert blender files directly to OMSI sceneryobjects.

Make sceneryobjects in one click!

All meshes will be exported, including hidden ones, so make sure you only have the meshes you want to use in the file to be converted. Meshes should have materials applied as normal. Textures with the same name will be overwritten on output.

Development and use stream:

Read the rest of this update entry...

whistlehead

Alias Mr Hackenbacker
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015
I've just been made aware of a bug in the current version causing any textures not in DDS format to be ignored on export. I'll patch that as soon as I can, for now just use DDS (which is the best format to use anyway)

Advertisement

whistlehead

Alias Mr Hackenbacker
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015
whistlehead updated Sceneryobject Creation Utility with a new update entry:

Source code release on Github

As I'm working on other projects, I'm releasing the source code for these little side projects on GitHub, for anyone who wants to see if they can develop them further. It may also be a useful reassurance that the files are not, in fact, any sort of virus ????

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hello! I have following problem: If I want to start the converting I first had the problem that Elliemay had. Then I created a folder called "data" and the error was away. But directly a new error was there: And now I dont know what to do anymore. Please help me.
1615591735403.png

Now the error ontop disappeared, but I have this problem with xConverter: View attachment 83563

I reinstalled the program and it didn't helped. Thereafter it shows "completed" but when I want to spawn them in OMSI (with N), those objects don't appear.
From my German; "The execution of the code cannot be completed, because qtintf70.dll was not found. Through reinstalling the program, the problem could potentially be solved."

It seems like you might need to download the dll seperately as it is not on your computer. I'm no developer, but I'm assuming this is part of an SDK, meaning that the OMSI devs may not have had any need to include it in the base game. Qtintf70.dll Download: Fix DLL Missing or Not Found Error (wikidll.com)

In your first post, it also says that some of the files that the exe is looking for were not found, this dll must be that file.

Advertisement

whistlehead

Alias Mr Hackenbacker
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015
You must install the OMSI 2 SDK correctly before the conversion tool will work, as it relies on these tools.

The DLL you require is in the OMSI 2 root folder.

Either you need to install the SDK tools into your OMSI root folder, or copy the required DLLs from the OMSI root folder into wherever you have installed the SDK.

Reactions: ilovebuses2021
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

Users who are viewing this thread