Utility Software Sceneryobject Conversion Utility (1 Viewer)

Wulfrunian

Hi - I have tried several times over the last few months to get thjs to work, but I get errors everytime

The converter is in MY SDK folder within Omsi and the Data foldr within that

I don't know where to go but here 's some screen shots of the errors - hope omeone can give me a clue

Regards
Paul
Screenshot 2019-09-22 13.43.30.png
Screenshot 2019-09-22 13.29.37.png
Screenshot 2019-09-22 13.29.37.png
Screenshot 2019-09-22 13.49.18.png
Screenshot 2019-09-22 13.49.18.png

Advertisement

Wulfrunian

I have a new problem whit this now.

I have been able for a while to create my own buildings in sketchup and use the utility to convert them. I solved the earlier problem as it does not like filenames with "Spaces" in them

However the other day my PC crashed while undertaking a conversion.
The utility will no longer stat, despite re-downloading. There are no error messages. I am using Windows 10 64 bit and tried in both normal and administrator modes.

Anyone any ideas?

whistlehead

Alias Mr Hackenbacker
Staff Team Leader
UKDT
Premium Subscriber
Founding Member
Quick note: If anyone is still getting the cube in their models, just open Blender 2.79b, delete the default cube and hit ctrl+U. That'll deal with it.

Apologies @Wulfrunian, I'm not sure what to suggest - if your PC crashed it's possible there's an underlying issue, or that a different file has corrupted. All I can suggest is deleting the program altogether including data files and taking it from there.

whistlehead

Alias Mr Hackenbacker
Staff Team Leader
UKDT
Premium Subscriber
Founding Member
whistlehead updated Sceneryobject Conversion Utility with a new update entry:

Major update: Blender file conversion

The tool will now convert blender files directly to OMSI sceneryobjects.

Make sceneryobjects in one click!

All meshes will be exported, including hidden ones, so make sure you only have the meshes you want to use in the file to be converted. Meshes should have materials applied as normal. Textures with the same name will be overwritten on output.

Development and use stream:

Read the rest of this update entry...

whistlehead

Alias Mr Hackenbacker
Staff Team Leader
UKDT
Premium Subscriber
Founding Member
I've just been made aware of a bug in the current version causing any textures not in DDS format to be ignored on export. I'll patch that as soon as I can, for now just use DDS (which is the best format to use anyway)

Advertisement

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.

Users who are viewing this thread