[Scenery] Road-hog123's British Road Detailing Pack [Deleted] (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Road-hog123

An Orange Bus
FF Council
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015
Kent, UK
roadhog123.co.uk
Pronouns
He/Him
Interesting, it appears I did not test those after making them incorrectly... I guess there'll be a fix release soon... 
otRXtRQ.png

Advertisement

Road-hog123

An Orange Bus
FF Council
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015
Kent, UK
roadhog123.co.uk
Pronouns
He/Him
Are the 30mph and 40mph 750mm signs different fonts? the 40mph looks bolder (and better)

The 40 mph sign is the original image taken from the traffic signs manual. The others were edited to have different numbers. It looks from my quick investigation that the original, being black text on white, uses Transport Heavy, but yet I used Transport Medium for the edited ones. Derp. 
otRXtRQ.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Advertisement

iomex

UKDT
Dec 10, 2015
If you're going to be making cosmetic changes to some of the speed limit signs, @Road-hog123 - the repeater signs with speed camera reminder signs (<NSL) are too narrow (or textures too tall). On those, I assume your LA uses a borderless yellow background for them if there is no standard? If there is a standard, the one I've seen is blue background with white border.

Advertisement

Road-hog123

An Orange Bus
FF Council
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015
Kent, UK
roadhog123.co.uk
Pronouns
He/Him
@iomex I think I've identified the problem here... what the sceneryobjects claim I've made are signs to Diagram 880 to warn drivers of an upcoming speed camera and remind them of the speed limit (pg 126 in Chapter 3). These, as you point out, should have a blue background and white border. What I've actually made are co-located 670 and 879 signs, which (and I'll have to check because I made them over a year ago) I made to the dimensions given in Figure 14-20 of Chapter 3 (pg 125), which are positioned at the start of a speed-camera-monitored speed limit section.

@ross4122 RE Speed Camera Sign: That sign you've linked is to diagram 878 and I haven't made it, the closest being the rather small 879 lone camera symbol.

RE Shelters: I could find no examples of Insignia shelters with brackets anywhere other than my local ones, so I removed them. @whistlehead wanted to be able to make unprototypical long ones and in theory you can use the shelters either way round. Of course I also made the advert boards only display outside as per the real thing, so that's somewhat of a mute-point.

The main thing I wanted to do with the signs was to convert them all to DDS, tweak textures where required and hopefully mostly resolve the map-breaking directional sign bug. I guess now I'm also making some new ones. 
otRXtRQ.png

Status
Not open for further replies.