Truck Scania T V1.4 No Addon Airhorn Sound (1 Viewer)

Hi everyone, I was searching around on the internet for a solution to this or maybe someone who could tell me what the exact problem is but I couldn't find anything surrounding this topic.

I have recently downloaded myself a beautiful Scania TCab mod (V1.4) and I have to say I'm very impressed with the overall quality of the mod, however I have a problem.

I have tried it with and without my sound mods to confirm that it wasn't a sound mod glitch, but it isn't.
You see, I have the problem that whenever I put airhorns on top of my cab, nothing happens when I push the button. At first it seemed to work, until I bought a second Scania TCab and than it stopped giving sound.

It should give a sound just like my normal Scania R620 but it doesn't.
The addon airhorns work on all of my other trucks even on other modded trucks like the standalone R2008 by 50K, I just can't figure out why it doesn't work on the TCab mod. I have no other mods installed other than the new ProMods map for patch 1.11x and some other mods like trailer mods, no other addon mods or something.

I even made a new test account to see what the problem is but I can't figure it out.
Is there someone out there with the exact same problem?

If there is anyone at all who knows how to get my addon airhorns working on the Scania T v1.4 I would really appreciate it if he or she told me how to do this.

Thanks in advance for all the help.

ThierryDriessen

Max

-- .- -..-
FF Council
Jan 12, 2014
UK
Is the TCab you're using a standalone truck (doesn't replace all the other scania's)? If it is then it's more than like the files that tell the game what to do with the horns are just an older format and need tweaking slightly to allow for the horn noises. If you've got a link to the truck I can have a quick look for you ;)

Reactions: thierrydriessen

Advertisement

Hi ThierryDriessen, I also have the Scania T by RJL version 1.4 as you do but I don't seem to have this problem. Maybe there is a problem with one of the air horns on the truck so try another air horn (you know, they are 3 different types and each one has a different sound) and check if it works, or try placing the air horns somewhere else on the truck and test again. I have two "Tone" air horns installed on "No Roofgrill" option, if you're curious ;)

I am talking about all the airhorns, none of them work for me.

Do you have one or more Scania T trucks in your fleet? and if you have more than one do the horns work on all of them? for me the horns work only one time, on one truck. if I sell that one and buy a new one, presto horn sounds gone -_-

I don't get it, what can it be? It can't be a modglitch because the only mods activated are this one and the promods map, for as far as I know, a map and trailer mod should not interfere with sounds.

I just don't get it, there is nothing in the log to see either, it is clean appart from some chassis errors and warnings but that's not severe and has got nothing to do with airhorns :(

I have even tried a clean game with no other mods just the scania t, like in the saves with my mods the first one I buy does give the horn sound but the second one doesn't, it's so strange, I just can't seem to find out what the problem is.

Last edited:
Maybe it does have something to do with the patch I'm current;y using, I'm using 1.12.1s .
Which patch are you using? But that should also not be the problem, all my other truck mods work fine, the airhorns even work on the R2008 by 50k. Like I said, I'm completely blind at the moment I just can't figure out what the problem is and it is really bugging me quite a bit if I'm completely honest. I hope someone can find a solution, I have run out of ideas and places to look.

I'm also using 1.12. I will try different combinations and let you know. And you said you made a test profile and the same thing happened? You just had the Scania mod in the test profile (not promods or trailers), right?
Sometimes they can cause conflicts. Like the 50K Daf that I recently figured out messes up the Caramel paintjob. Not sure it's a bug though ;)

Advertisement

I tried it with a totally clean profile and I also tried it with the promods map and trailers, but both had the same effect.
Strange thing is, all other standalone truck mods seem to work just fine, even with the airhorns :S
and that 50K Daf problem, yeah I know about that ;) it's normal, it's the way the truck was texture mapped that makes the paintjob trip out.
I really appreciate the help, thanks to all trying to help me out :)

OK here's an update: I tried lots of combinations and everything seems fine. Even tried with 2 types of horns on the truck, different cabs, chassis, interiors, even engines and roofgrills and stored it in my garage and bought a second one and did the same but still nothing. I'm also clueless right now. I'll tell you if I think of anything though. In the meantime, you can contact RJL (the author of the mod) and see what he has to say. And take a look at this topic http://forum.scssoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=151394 maybe you would find something.

Thanks for the help so far, I will contact the author right away to ask about it.
I tried other cab/chassis combinations myself and suddenly the airhorn worked on the second scania. When I bought a third one however, it did not work whatever I tried and which ever combination I tried. very strange, but thanks for the tip as I said above I will contact RJL right away.

Reactions: Driver097

Advertisement

thanks I have a link to my profile here:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/fq35ch7fwcz666x/airhorn+help,+troubleshooting.rar

I will also include the mods that I have activated so there can't be a problem loading trailers or addons or something, because I'm now using other mods again as it seemed it worked, but as I said earlier when I bought a third truck...... boom airhorn sound gone.

Thanks for all the help :)

It's my pleasure. I'll keep you updated.
EDIT: I tested your savegame with all mods and nothing changed and surprizingly, everything works fine. You had 2 T Cabs in your garage and I tested air horn in both of them and they just work. I even bought a third T Cab and it works. Are you sure your keyboard doesn't have any problem? Did you try re mapping the air horn key to something else instead of the N key? It sounds strange but it could be the problem as I didn't find anything abnormal.

Last edited:
No, everything is mapped correctly. It is still the factory mapping. This is very strange, and getting stranger by the minute.
I do use a Logitech G27 with ETS2 and I have mapped the horns to specific buttons but that can't be the problem as the keyboard should still function fine. I just don't get it, do you use steam or CD version? I use steam maybe the problem is in there?

I obviously don't think there is something wrong with my PC, I have recently upgraded to a new SSH Drive with a fresh install of Windows 7, it really can't be my pc.

All my other mods work fine, it is just this mod that causes a problem. Well guess there is no fix than.
Thanks for all the help so far, I'm going to check some more stuff and try some more things I can think of and if that doesn't work I will tell you guys.

Advertisement

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

Users who are viewing this thread