Truck Scania T V1.4 No Addon Airhorn Sound (1 Viewer)

Hi everyone, I was searching around on the internet for a solution to this or maybe someone who could tell me what the exact problem is but I couldn't find anything surrounding this topic.

I have recently downloaded myself a beautiful Scania TCab mod (V1.4) and I have to say I'm very impressed with the overall quality of the mod, however I have a problem.

I have tried it with and without my sound mods to confirm that it wasn't a sound mod glitch, but it isn't.
You see, I have the problem that whenever I put airhorns on top of my cab, nothing happens when I push the button. At first it seemed to work, until I bought a second Scania TCab and than it stopped giving sound.

It should give a sound just like my normal Scania R620 but it doesn't.
The addon airhorns work on all of my other trucks even on other modded trucks like the standalone R2008 by 50K, I just can't figure out why it doesn't work on the TCab mod. I have no other mods installed other than the new ProMods map for patch 1.11x and some other mods like trailer mods, no other addon mods or something.

I even made a new test account to see what the problem is but I can't figure it out.
Is there someone out there with the exact same problem?

If there is anyone at all who knows how to get my addon airhorns working on the Scania T v1.4 I would really appreciate it if he or she told me how to do this.

Thanks in advance for all the help.

ThierryDriessen

You mean SSD drive, right?
I meant maybe it's your keyboard or something. And good luck, hope you can find a way. BTW try your save on another PC just to be sure.
Off-topic: You're German, right? Germans are awesome ;) and you have a great taste in customizing your trucks too! :cool:

No SSH (Solid State Hybrid Drive) :D it's something fairly new, it combines SSD with HDD. It's nice and fast for gaming though not to expensive to buy as SSD.

I will try to save on another pc too, that was my thought as well, indeed just to be sure :)

And I'm Dutch ;) you were almost right, though the Dutch and the Germans have a lot in common, like our language, it's almost identical. Strange though that most people find German much harder to learn than Dutch :S

Dutch trucks are awesome too, I mean just look at the trucks of SVerbeek, Plantline and Tijsterman Pronk. They are my favorites ;)

Thanks for all the help so far and I hope I'll get this fixed.

Advertisement

Yeah I know those hybrids but didn't know the abbrevation. Cool :)
I know Dutch and German are similar, I have a few Dutch friends too. And I know German is hard but I would have learnt it if I had the time.
And yeah Dutch trucks could be the most awesome.
BTW why do you care about the air horn anyway? Just use the normal horn if you can't get it to work and don't spend much time trying to fix it. It's just a recommendation though, don't get me wrong :)

Yeah, I think I could. I mean it's not like I use the horn often or something, in real life you also do not always use the horns.
I'll look if I can find a solution and indeed otherwise I'll resort to the normal horn :)

Thanks for everything and I would like to wish you all a nice day :)

Reactions: Driver097
I found out what it is!

it is the engine upgrade, as of the 1.8 patch the scania streamline was added along with the new Euro 6 V8 engines and new V8 sounds were also added. Because of this the overall sounds were changed and every engine had its own sound so now there are 2 sounds for both the V8 and 6 cylinder models.

I still don't know why this is happening on the V8 models but yeah, I found out that when I buy a 6 cylinder version the airhorn works, than when I go to the workshop and select the V8 and buy it, boom! airhorn sound vanished. I told RJL right away :) I'm happy.

The solution to the problem and to keep the airhorn working (for me)

Is to buy a standard truck in the store with a V8 engine selected and the cab/wheel config you want to use. (only that!) than you buy and select the truck, than you go to the local workshop and add airhorns to the cab and customize it in any way. Than the horns work!

Just don't upgrade the engine or alter the configuration because than the game will resort back to the standard engine and by doing this, the hornsound will vanish once again, the only solution to this problem would than be to sell the truck and buy it again using the checklist I just provided (that is for the people who have the problem, like me)

Thanks for all the help and helping me until this point so that I could find out what the problem was, cheers

Last edited:
This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

Users who are viewing this thread