Buses Scania Omnicity Single Deck Variant (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys,

I am introducing something the community will hopefully love, a Scania Omnicity. This will consist in two versions: Dual Door and Regional making it efficient for London or other maps. The progress I have made so far is nearly enough to put it into OMSI which is great! I'm thinking of in the future, redoing the front for also an N4BL Spec but not sure yet

Let me know on any feedback

Screenshot_1.png

Advertisement

D

Deleted member 422

Hi guys,

I am introducing something the community will hopefully love, a Scania Omnicity. This will consist in two versions: Dual Door and Regional making it efficient for London or other maps. The progress I have made so far is nearly enough to put it into OMSI which is great! I'm thinking of in the future, redoing the front for also an N4BL Spec but not sure yet

You know NB4L is referring to the New Routemaster? Made by Wrightbus? How do you plan to make a Scania Omncity into a entirely different bus?

whistlehead

Alias Mr Hackenbacker
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015
I think you're a little optimistic about it being nearly ready for OMSI, seeing as it currently has no windows, seats, grab handles, doors, textures, UV map, destination board, rain mesh, or dirt mesh, and since you haven't shown them I'd hazard a guess at it also having no dashboard or steering wheel.

In addition to that, it has paper thin walls, and is bizarrely offset to the left which is a pretty good sign of being converted from an existing model made in another modeling program rather than made from scratch.

Of course being ready for OMSI doesn't necessarily mean you need all these things, you could import a totally empty .o3d file and that would technically be OMSI ready...

Still, you won't learn to surmount any of those issues without having a go, so best of luck.

Nov 19, 2016
Hi guys,

At least its not being made in Scratch ;)

• Haha
Reactions: HD Transport

Advertisement

May 26, 2017
That's an OmniLink you spoon.

Also you've very clearly converted this off the SketchUp warehouse. Needs a good deal of optimisation

Well at least he’s hurrying up compared to some!!! The trident is seeming to take a long time I know it’s time consuming but at least he’s getting there! Let him figure it out in his own way!!!

I think you're a little optimistic about it being nearly ready for OMSI, seeing as it currently has no windows, seats, grab handles, doors, textures, UV map, destination board, rain mesh, or dirt mesh, and since you haven't shown them I'd hazard a guess at it also having no dashboard or steering wheel.

In addition to that, it has paper thin walls, and is bizarrely offset to the left which is a pretty good sign of being converted from an existing model made in another modeling program rather than made from scratch.

Of course being ready for OMSI doesn't necessarily mean you need all these things, you could import a totally empty .o3d file and that would technically be OMSI ready...

Still, you won't learn to surmount any of those issues without having a go, so best of luck.

Look he is getting there I find it a bit rude the way your putting his work down! Especially as your a moderator! I’m not meaning to be rude to you but maybe give the guy some praise instead of negativity!

Well done @Ceeqwa its looking great to far keep up the good work!

Last edited by a moderator:

Ross

FF Council
Premium Subscriber
Apr 1, 2016
Dundee
Look he is getting there I find it a bit rude the way your putting his work down! Especially as your a moderator! I’m not meaning to be rude to you but maybe give the guy some praise instead of negativity!
Criticism is key when developing something. When criticism isn't given, developers can't improve upon their work.

I wholeheartedly agree with what Whistlehead said.

FirstEnviro

Developer of the Studio Polygon [Redacted]
Studio Polygon
Nov 1, 2016
United Kingdom
Well at least he’s hurrying up compared to some!!! The trident is seeming to take a long time I know it’s time consuming but at least he’s getting there! Let him figure it out in his own way!!!

Well done @Ceeqwa its looking great to far keep up the good work!

If everyone was always given praise, how would people know how to improve? I'm not saying always be negative towards people, but people need criticism so they can see issues with their work and know how to improve on it. Praise just makes a person believe they are doing everything perfect which in hindsight, no one is going to be doing. (Constructive) criticism is key to making someone better at making something and improving their skills.

Advertisement

May 26, 2017
Man up then.
@RM70 If your not willing to take criticism from members of the community then you shouldn't be making a bus. How are you supposed to improve something if your not going to take criticism.
Why are you ranting at him? Whistlehead there is giving constructive critism
And either way, Ceeqwa asked for feedback

@jowilliams15 i am not making the bus @Ceeqwa is making it!

@chrisrose1993 i am manned up already unlike some on here.

@HD Transport i did not know @Ceeqwa wanted feedback I’m not ranting at whistlehead it’s just that if I was making a bus I would be a little offended about people saying if my bus looked crap! I think it looks amazing and i can’t wait to drive it!

So at the end of the day I’m not meaning to be rude to other people it’s just that I want people to post more positive things rather than negative how would you feel if your were making a bus and people were telling you “your doing this wrong” “your doing that wrong!” Not nice! Also at least @Ceeqwa is bothering to make one unlike us!

Anyway let’s get back to talking about the bus and just be excited for the next updates!

Advertisement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread