Buses Scania Omnicity N230UD (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because I've acquired blueprints for this, I've decided to start on it, despite me really not liking them irl.

As usual, spamming useful reference pictures at me are useful, but do it via PM. They must be your own reference pictures, and not ones I can easily find on google or Flickr.

I'm also streaming development on twitch, so if you're interested, the link's below.

I stream every weekend for about 2 hours or so.

Seats? Ster 6MS
What about other variants, like the N270UD? Or a version with different seats? No, and no.

List of planned variations of the Scania Omnicity (in order of development)

1. Regional

omnicity.png

omnicityclay.png

wheels.png

wheel.png

glowheel.png

omni.png

omni1.png

promo.png

Last edited:

Advertisement

The_Growl

Masterswitch Studios
Mar 7, 2017
London
Im amazed to see a 3D model of this impending for OMSI. Must say that Scania are very supportive of simulations with ETS being on their case for use of their work.

Quite the opposite in my case. Despite emailing them on different addresses with evidence of my work, I've received no response from them.

I drive those Buses as well at Plumstead. I pray that you mamge to recreate this bus coz they are amazing to drive

As a passenger of PD's omnicities, I can confirm they're not so amazing to ride.

Small updates. New tree guards, Venturas (might be slightly too tall/deep at the bottom section), 3D setvar badges, and textured lights.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I also made this promotional poster thing.

promo.png

Last edited:

LT586

Was Living in the editor
Oct 25, 2016
North
I think It depends they're a very busy company, sometimes you catch them at a downtime period but with the supply of buses for Nottingham and the like Im guessing their UK offices are snowed under or short staffed.

I think It depends they're a very busy company, sometimes you catch them at a downtime period but with the supply of buses for Nottingham and the like Im guessing their UK offices are snowed under or short staffed.

I catch them while they are in service. Only been on one 'dead run' as to say. Made a mistake catching the 26 bus instead of the 25 which runs only twice a day and you can guess the rest. It drives to Southwell as route 26, but then loops back 'out of service' back to the city. This was back a few years ago when they used the old N94UDs.

They once actually used a Sky Blue 45 N230UD on route 26 2 years ago. I remember it was ident 996. I wanted to catch it but you know, Southwell is not one of those places I visit lol.

Advertisement

LT586

Was Living in the editor
Oct 25, 2016
North
I catch them while they are in service. Only been on one 'dead run' as to say. Made a mistake catching the 26 bus instead of the 25 which runs only twice a day and you can guess the rest. It drives to Southwell as route 26, but then loops back 'out of service' back to the city. This was back a few years ago when they used the old N94UDs.

They once actually used a Sky Blue 45 N230UD on route 26 2 years ago. I remember it was ident 996. I wanted to catch it but you know, Southwell is not one of those places I visit lol.

Hahahaha Oh dear, Yes we went on an Night Bus for a journey but same thing they loop back to the city out of service, I spend a fair amount of time up there as the Mrs is a Nottingham lady, but to keep on topic, the Scanias up there are well looked after, id say so from first impressions, have seen the odd bus broken down usually the Pathfinder batch, the long drive to Southwell must knacker the poor bus.

Great work though at The Growl, looking forward to seeing the interior progress

Reactions: Callum23
Hahahaha Oh dear, Yes we went on an Night Bus for a journey but same thing they loop back to the city out of service, I spend a fair amount of time up there as the Mrs is a Nottingham lady, but to keep on topic, the Scanias up there are well looked after, id say so from first impressions, have seen the odd bus broken down usually the Pathfinder batch, the long drive to Southwell must knacker the poor bus.

Great work though at The Growl, looking forward to seeing the interior progress

Yeah the pathfinder batch are pretty worn down. They smoke a bit when thrashed, they just need a good service, considering they are 07 or 08 reg they've done the mileage. This video demonstrates how tired they are now

The others, including the older N94UDs which are slowly disappearing are still going strong.
I also used the nightbus recently as well, N27 if you recognise that. Very complex route that, didn't know where it was going half the time lol

Advertisement

Advertisement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread