Buses Scania Omnicity N230UD (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because I've acquired blueprints for this, I've decided to start on it, despite me really not liking them irl.

As usual, spamming useful reference pictures at me are useful, but do it via PM. They must be your own reference pictures, and not ones I can easily find on google or Flickr.

I'm also streaming development on twitch, so if you're interested, the link's below.

I stream every weekend for about 2 hours or so.

Seats? Ster 6MS
What about other variants, like the N270UD? Or a version with different seats? No, and no.

List of planned variations of the Scania Omnicity (in order of development)

1. Regional

omnicity.png

omnicityclay.png

wheels.png

wheel.png

glowheel.png

omni.png

omni1.png

promo.png

Last edited:

Albastru

Somebody stole my fantasy
Forum Moderator
Feb 11, 2018
Brighton & Hove, East Sussex, England
Pronouns
They/Them
Reactions: owen6116

Advertisement

jaylaf747

A livery maker, but not for Omsi and TS
Dec 29, 2017
London
N230UD!! My favourite bus that I've been been on, well the twin door London variant, but I just can't believe that someone is making it in OMSI. One of the things I kinda like when the bus has it's a cooling fan on as well as a kickdown going up an incline.

leafygreens

Join the leafygreens discord server!
Apr 9, 2019
wow!! this is looking amazing. i was wondering if you had any plans to, after all the different variations are finished, slice off the top to turn it into a (i can't remember the exact name) single decker omnicity?? i know that one was started but never finished. really enjoying it so far anyway!!

Albastru

Forum Moderator
Feb 11, 2018
Pronouns
They/Them
wow!! this is looking amazing. i was wondering if you had any plans to, after all the different variations are finished, slice off the top to turn it into a (i can't remember the exact name) single decker omnicity?? i know that one was started but never finished. really enjoying it so far anyway!!
Single Deckers go to the suffix UB" :)
So I suppose you mean CN/N230UB?
Edit: autocorrect had a field trip there, sorry.

Last edited:

Advertisement

Albastru

Forum Moderator
Feb 11, 2018
Pronouns
They/Them
yes the CN230UB. i'm thinking about building a CN94UB for use on a portsmouth map I might (very small chance) be making. anyway, enough about me haha. this bus is looking great.
That would be amazing! The best I’ve got is a CN94UB LHD blueprint in blender ????
So if you know how to make one, please do! I’d love to see one!
Remember CN94UB have square front and rear lights ;)

leafygreens

Join the leafygreens discord server!
Apr 9, 2019
That would be amazing! The best I’ve got is a CN94UB LHD blueprint in blender ????
So if you know how to make one, please do! I’d love to see one!
Remember CN94UB have square front and rear lights ;)
yes I love the front and rear lights haha. those buses are my childhood - I find it so sad that they're being withdrawn on first solent soon. ugh even the smell of the engine while it idles is iconic to me haha. about the blueprint, is there any chance you could send it to me?? feel free to message me haha.

• Love
Reactions: Albastru
N230UD!! My favourite bus that I've been been on, well the twin door London variant, but I just can't believe that someone is making it in OMSI. One of the things I kinda like when the bus has it's a cooling fan on as well as a kickdown going up an incline.

The cooling fans on the London variants are awesome. The louder, the better imo. A route in my area uses them and a lot of them have cooling fans active: some lower, and some louder.

Albastru

Forum Moderator
Feb 11, 2018
Pronouns
They/Them
The cooling fans on the London variants are awesome. The louder, the better imo. A route in my area uses them and a lot of them have cooling fans active: some lower, and some louder.
Loud cooling fans, I can’t stand them.
A majority of our N270UD OmniDekkas have the loudest cooling fan you could ever know, really gives me a bad headache.
It’s a shame because N270 sound absolutely lovely too.

jaylaf747

A livery maker, but not for Omsi and TS
Dec 29, 2017
London
Well 3 routes in my are have N230UDs as well as the N94UD assigned to them one of them is, well was my school bus route. Though London United are slowly withdrawing some from use or transferring them to other garages or to London Sovereign.

Reactions: LT586

Advertisement

The_Growl

Masterswitch Studios
Mar 7, 2017
London
Oh no, it seems thoughts of smoked meats have caused me to drift into a slumber of not updating my thread for several months...

Hi all,
Is there any chance of a Travel West Midlands"Toothpaste" or National Express West Midlands reskin / spec?
Can you make a Jurassic coaster from first what is the red and cream colour plz
re skin please for this scania your making
Repainters are free to create liveries once the bus is further into development. Different specifications will not be made, bar some seating options and interior setvars in some updates; This is with the exception of significantly different variations such as Airport vehicles and TfL specification buses. These specifications may be considered, but a lack of creation resources or uses for them renders them unlikely to be made.

How did you cut the holes into the rims?
There's a number of ways, booleans, knife cutting, in my case, I just modelled around them intiially, and then used boolean in the low poly version.

one thing i would say is that our hedingham ones dont have the upper grill towards the inside rear, is there any plans to have setvars or different versions for like the rear destination's ect or is this still kinda unknown?
I actually did this a while ago already, options for grilles as well as where the side destinations are, are present on the model. I'm not sure what having and not having these exterior grilles changes inside the bus however, as the air cooling box above the stairs seems to be present in all models.

And in general with the bus, I've been busy with work, A levels, and university, so progress is slow of course, but it is happening. My discord server has further updates on it's progress.

Last edited:
Reactions: Matfiej and BDotG
Mar 15, 2017
Pronouns
He/Him
Oh no, it seems thoughts of smoked meats have caused me to drift into a slumber of not updating my thread for several months...

Repainters are free to create liveries once the bus is further into development. Different specifications will not be made, bar some seating options and interior setvars in some updates; This is with the exception of significantly different variations such as Airport vehicles and TfL specification buses. These specifications may be considered, but a lack of creation resources or uses for them renders them unlikely to be made.

There's a number of ways, booleans, knife cutting, in my case, I just modelled around them intiially, and then used boolean in the low poly version.

I actually did this a while ago already, options for grilles as well as where the side destinations are, are present on the model. I'm not sure what having and not having these exterior grilles changes inside the bus however, as the air cooling box above the stairs seems to be present in all models.

And in general with the bus, I've been busy with work, A levels, and university, so progress is slow of course, but it is happening. My discord server has further updates on it's progress.
Nice seeing an updated from you mate. Glad this is still in the works.

Advertisement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread