Buses Scania N230UB East Lancs Esteem (UK) (1 Viewer)

Firstly before I get started into any information about this bus I would like to say I am using different software to develop different part for this bus e.g. Blender / Sketchup.
I started this project as this is a single deck bus to allow me to have an margin of error to correct and its not something huge to work on which I may develop on in the future, not only me wantint this bus for so long I decided to make it so the community can have a more diverse range of busses.

The bus I am currently developing is an Scania N230UB East Lancs Esteem RHD which will be for UK Maps.

The length of the bus is aproximately 10.60M Long
The width of the bus will be 2.52m Wide
The height is also aproximately 2.9M High

If you have any questions throw them at me!

Here is what I have so far:
1532832924352.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Advertisement

Advertisement

lucashoward17

Head of HR for Network Southeastern
Dec 28, 2017
@jowilliams15 I'm gonna disagree with you and everyone who says blender is easy to use for beginners who want to model for OMSI. the main reason being is that everyone learns differently and will therefore also find some software easier to understand than others. personally, I find SketchUp easier to understand for beginners as you don't have to faff around with a lot of tools and functions. TBH I think anyone who complains about someone using a different software is acting like a child who doesn't get there own way as your getting so wound up over nothing. for all you know guys, this could be a really successful bus. @Joshua Ramsden, you crack on with your project the way you want to as I have a strong feeling this will be a great bus.

whistlehead

Alias Mr Hackenbacker
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015
SketchUp is easier to get to grips with at first, yes. But that's like saying that flapping your arms is easier than learning to fly a jet. It might be true, but only one will get you to the other side of the Atlantic.

Anyway this discussion has gone on far enough in another thread recently, so let's stop right here and not have a repeat of that, shall we?

Joshua Ramsden

Phantom Productions
Mar 4, 2017
Bolton
Pronouns
He/Him
@jowilliams15 I'm gonna disagree with you and everyone who says blender is easy to use for beginners who want to model for OMSI. the main reason being is that everyone learns differently and will therefore also find some software easier to understand than others. personally, I find SketchUp easier to understand for beginners as you don't have to faff around with a lot of tools and functions. TBH I think anyone who complains about someone using a different software is acting like a child who doesn't get there own way as your getting so wound up over nothing. for all you know guys, this could be a really successful bus. @Joshua Ramsden, you crack on with your project the way you want to as I have a strong feeling this will be a great bus.
He is using Sketchup to learn it and after he is going to use Blender! Stop whinging people it's his personal preference

Thanks you appreciate the support

So far with progress I have rearranged seating to make this bus DDA Complient also yet to get the back rest seat for the disabled spot done, and cab work needs to be completed.

1533856803788.png

P674 MLE

P674 MLE and P675 MLE are now in Preservation ! !
Apr 6, 2018
www.flickr.com
Thanks you appreciate the support

So far with progress I have rearranged seating to make this bus DDA Complient also yet to get the back rest seat for the disabled spot done, and cab work needs to be completed.

View attachment 32866
looks wonderfull and would be good to drive in omsi 2 one day

Advertisement

Mikey

Howdy.
Feb 6, 2018
Looks great! I've also modelled an Esteem (with blender, branding removed except for the steering wheel), here seen inside Unity3D:
View attachment 32444
View attachment 32445
View attachment 32448
View attachment 32449
View attachment 32450
Just a small question: Do you think you'll you also make a fictional bendy version of it? I bet that'll look awesomely cool!!
I love how there's a baby ticket, even babies can show their tickets to inspectors lol

LeylandNationalStagecoach

Developer
Outreach
Jun 28, 2018
Fayton Heath, Caldshire
I love how there's a baby ticket, even babies can show their tickets to inspectors lol
Yeah, lol, It's actually for the parents/carers to show the driver their baby ticket/purchase one. XD
Also, did you see the 2D Coconuts on the ground in the 1st and 3rd pictures?
Anyways, I'm glad you like it! :)

Advertisement

Users who are viewing this thread