Buses Scania N230UB East Lancs Esteem (UK) (1 Viewer)

Firstly before I get started into any information about this bus I would like to say I am using different software to develop different part for this bus e.g. Blender / Sketchup.
I started this project as this is a single deck bus to allow me to have an margin of error to correct and its not something huge to work on which I may develop on in the future, not only me wantint this bus for so long I decided to make it so the community can have a more diverse range of busses.

The bus I am currently developing is an Scania N230UB East Lancs Esteem RHD which will be for UK Maps.

The length of the bus is aproximately 10.60M Long
The width of the bus will be 2.52m Wide
The height is also aproximately 2.9M High

If you have any questions throw them at me!

Here is what I have so far:
1532832924352.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Joshua Ramsden

Phantom Productions
Mar 4, 2017
Bolton
Pronouns
He/Him
The bus body has been made and needs touching up now and working on the exterior and adding all the extra's needed for this model & to work on the interior, and then I will need to proceed with scripts etc for the bus which is where I may be slowed down with progress but this is where I am quite early stage.
1532839518747.png
1532839574794.png

Advertisement

Joshua Ramsden

Phantom Productions
Mar 4, 2017
Bolton
Pronouns
He/Him
Altered the front abit and as you can see I've got more chairs in , also need to sort that clipping on the side shown below I've also added the layer of flooring so your not sood directly on the bottom of the bus.
1532903218969.png

I have also worked on the Ceiling on the bus where the lights would be as shown below:
1532903391092.png

I still need to touch up on the blocks an also need to finish off the seats within the cab.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Joshua Ramsden

Phantom Productions
Mar 4, 2017
Bolton
Pronouns
He/Him
Completely agree with Wraith here. Sketchup may be easy to use but it can produce some horribly unoptimised content which lags out all machines due to a high poly count. Give blender a shot, see how it works for you .
I can comepletely see where your coming from with that, I am attempting to learn blender when the project would be redone untill then I will be on sketchup but I dod promise me learning blender and this project will be updated to a better version of this bus.

tr673

I'm a Scania
Apr 19, 2017
Notts or Lincs...
www.flickr.com
Bus looking fantastic there ;D

Welcome to the Sketchup revolution (!) :-P
I really hope this doesn't become a carbon copy of the Omnidekka thread (in terms of people saying Blender is more suited to creating omsi content) - because as you quite rightly say Sketchup is a way to get into 3d modelling if you're not familiar with Blender yet.
I love Scanias - Good luck with the bus!

Joshua Ramsden

Phantom Productions
Mar 4, 2017
Bolton
Pronouns
He/Him
Bus looking fantastic there ;D

Welcome to the Sketchup revolution (!) :-P
I really hope this doesn't become a carbon copy of the Omnidekka thread (in terms of people saying Blender is more suited to creating omsi content) - because as you quite rightly say Sketchup is a way to get into 3d modelling if you're not familiar with Blender yet.
I love Scanias - Good luck with the bus!
Love it, well sai and it's true, yes I'd love to use blender but just need to learn.

Mikey

Howdy.
Feb 6, 2018
That's it build up your knowledge firmly and strongly mate! A foundation means you'll be competent in some time. I'm a pro at Photoshop but I started off with MM Fireworks which at the time was so complex, but after 6 years of Photoshop it looks easier than paint. I would recommend your next project on Blender though. Getting used to CAD technology can be tricky but you have to give yourself valuable lessons. Keep going mate!

Joshua Ramsden

Phantom Productions
Mar 4, 2017
Bolton
Pronouns
He/Him
That's it build up your knowledge firmly and strongly mate! A foundation means you'll be competent in some time. I'm a pro at Photoshop but I started off with MM Fireworks which at the time was so complex, but after 6 years of Photoshop it looks easier than paint. I would recommend your next project on Blender though. Getting used to CAD technology can be tricky but you have to give yourself valuable lessons. Keep going mate!
I agree I want people to understand I would want to use it so they do not keep saying as I understand that blender is more complex and make a much better outcome, I do in the future once learnt blender remake this model into blender.

Reactions: Mikey

Advertisement

Users who are viewing this thread